AU actually processed one cancellation today

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

AU actually processed one cancellation today

Post by Jason R » Nov 15th 2002, 9:08 pm

I suppose that one is infinitely better than none, as was the case last week. So congratulations to AU for an infinite improvement over last week's effort.*

(1 divided by zero... infinite improvement!)

Congratulations to Ross and his AnotherUniverse.com team!

Jason

*Unfortunately, they didn't tell the woman when she would see the money. They wrote:

Dear Ms. [name removed]
We have canceled your order as you requested and submitted your invoice to the accouting department for full review. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact us here at Another Universe.
-Thomas, Customer Service at Another Universe.com

Mold E. Peaches
Liberty High Student

Post by Mold E. Peaches » Nov 15th 2002, 9:10 pm

lol! wonder when they'll get around to the other 1 million cancellations? probably after all the sets have been shipped and accepted... :roll:

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Nov 15th 2002, 9:45 pm

OOH OOH Was it me???

I just sent them a REALLY nasty letter with my FBI complaint number on it and I threatened legal action.

OH I hope it's me *pick me* *pick me*

"It can't rain all the time"

smidge
Tino

alternate reply

Post by smidge » Nov 16th 2002, 5:08 am

I got this reply a day after I cancelled last month:
Mike McCullough has taken your problem out of the queue. This is usually a sign that it has been processed, however, Dry Grass Partners, LLC cannot control how the site is used. If this email is in response to a billing error, we recommend allowing 1-3 business days for the change to post. If it does not show up in this time, call 888-5-COMICS or call your credit card company.

Mike McCullough wrote:
Cancellation Noted
Credit submitted
10/14/02

First I got a Drygrass reply that the problem was read by Mike, then I got the e-mail above. Does that count for anything? Not that I've seen a damn cent back yet!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: alternate reply

Post by Jason R » Nov 16th 2002, 10:58 am

No, that letter is a form letter that the drygrass site spits out. Mike added a note but didn't tell you when you would see a refund.
smidge wrote:I got this reply a day after I cancelled last month:
Mike McCullough has taken your problem out of the queue. This is usually a sign that it has been processed, however, Dry Grass Partners, LLC cannot control how the site is used. If this email is in response to a billing error, we recommend allowing 1-3 business days for the change to post. If it does not show up in this time, call 888-5-COMICS or call your credit card company.

Mike McCullough wrote:
Cancellation Noted
Credit submitted
10/14/02

First I got a Drygrass reply that the problem was read by Mike, then I got the e-mail above. Does that count for anything? Not that I've seen a damn cent back yet!

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

Full Review?

Post by neppie » Nov 16th 2002, 1:11 pm

WTF is "Full Review"? Is the accounting department going analyze it for fingerprints before issuing a refund?

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: Full Review?

Post by phelix » Nov 16th 2002, 5:21 pm

neppie wrote:WTF is "Full Review"? Is the accounting department going analyze it for fingerprints before issuing a refund?
That's just their way of saying they're going to keep the money.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 16th 2002, 5:42 pm

They must have gotten another order in. They were waiting for someone to order another so they'd have the money to refund someone else.

oh, wait, it says nothing about it being refunded. When I called over a month ago they said my invoice was submitted to the accounting department.

So this is really nothing new. Just because the order was canceled, it means nothing other than that they don't have to send out that dvd set. Means nothing about a refund.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

kristopher24
Frozen Embryo

half empty or half full?

Post by kristopher24 » Nov 17th 2002, 7:04 pm

Just for anyone's information, after writing a long letter to my credit card company to dispute the double charge and non-refund of my cancellation. I got a letter from my them dated November 11, 2002:
"Great News! The conditional credit we issued for your dispute with THECOMICSTORE.COM TEL9165672490CA for $79.98 dated 05-AUG-02 is now permanent. Thank you for the oppurtunity to assist you."
I called to ask about what is going on with the cancellation and they said I had to call back on Monday to speak to the proper department. I guess it's a step in the right direction, but it's sad how long it took. Plus I just saw an add for the DVD in the new Best Buy circular and it's only $59.99. This whole process is one of the most scary and fascinating things I've seen.
I haven't posted here before, but I've constantly peak in and I just have to say that Jason is my own personal hero and I think what he has done and is doing is absolutely amazing and thank him so much for everything. It's nice to know there is someone like this out there in the midst of everything who actually wants to see the right thing done and does something about it. Don't get me started...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: half empty or half full?

Post by Jason R » Nov 17th 2002, 7:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Dealing with the shysters at AU left me with egg on my face, but it is not out of niceness that I pursue the refunds.

It is because it would be wrong of me to lead people into quicksand and not be there to help them out. That's what the AU investors don't understand.

kristopher24 wrote:Just for anyone's information, after writing a long letter to my credit card company to dispute the double charge and non-refund of my cancellation. I got a letter from my them dated November 11, 2002:
"Great News! The conditional credit we issued for your dispute with THECOMICSTORE.COM TEL9165672490CA for $79.98 dated 05-AUG-02 is now permanent. Thank you for the oppurtunity to assist you."
I called to ask about what is going on with the cancellation and they said I had to call back on Monday to speak to the proper department. I guess it's a step in the right direction, but it's sad how long it took. Plus I just saw an add for the DVD in the new Best Buy circular and it's only $59.99. This whole process is one of the most scary and fascinating things I've seen.
I haven't posted here before, but I've constantly peak in and I just have to say that Jason is my own personal hero and I think what he has done and is doing is absolutely amazing and thank him so much for everything. It's nice to know there is someone like this out there in the midst of everything who actually wants to see the right thing done and does something about it. Don't get me started...