Arrogance of Mike@AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Double Espresso
Overlooked Sibling

Arrogance of Mike@AU

Post by Double Espresso » Nov 14th 2002, 6:31 am

I've e-mailed several times, trying to get my money back for the order I cancelled at the end of October. In my last e-mail I pointed out that legally they had to give me my money back within a month, and I would be reporting them to the IFCC. My reply? "I'll make sure the accounting department are aware of this".

AU seem to just arrogantly disgregard any reference to how keeping our money for this length of time is illegal. I really am beginning to think that the DVDs they currently have are the only ones they could afford, and they'll be filing for bankrupcy before most people get their money back, and before the fraud investigators are brought in.

I'm in to UK, so I probably stand no chance of getting my money back. I've held off filing a despute with my credit card, but that seems like the only way I might see my money again.

Baby_G
Tino

Post by Baby_G » Nov 14th 2002, 11:02 am

I am also in the UK and have the same problem not only do they owe me for an overcharge but also for the original set which I cancelled. I did however dispute it with my credit card and they can sort out the overcharge but no matter how much information I gave them have refused to do anything about the original charge is it isn't within VISA's rules......blah blah blah. If I was you I would get onto them now as you may also be to late.

The only other thing the lady at my credit card company suggested was to go to my local trading standards office and see what they said.

So it seems my $100 (and many others I shouldn't wonder) is lost forever to those arses at AU.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 15th 2002, 2:31 pm

Baby_G wrote:I did however dispute it with my credit card and they can sort out the overcharge but no matter how much information I gave them have refused to do anything about the original charge is it isn't within VISA's rules......blah blah blah. If I was you I would get onto them now as you may also be to late.
Did you try speaking with a supervisor/manager? Sometimes they can be more helpful. Also, one phrase which appears to work in disputing the charges is to tell them you did not recieve a product for which you have already paid in full. Let them know AU is not refunding customers within a reasonable amount of time and refer them to this forum if necessary.

That's part of what I told my cc company ( I too used a Visa) and they did credited my account!
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Baby_G
Tino

Post by Baby_G » Nov 18th 2002, 6:46 am

Tried all of the above to no avail. I send them many e-mails I had received regarding the set it's due dates and the problems I have encountered and pointed them in the direction of this forum. I even asked if they had a number so I could speak to VISA directly (so if anyone has a number for the UK VISA office I would appreciate it :lol: ). The only thing left to try now seems to be to threaten AU with legal action.