AU can't even pick a decent company to ship with... =[

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
pete
Overlooked Sibling

AU can't even pick a decent company to ship with... =[

Post by pete » Nov 13th 2002, 10:35 pm

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/proc ... track.y=14

Someone please track my package, click on details, and tell me what the hell that means. :roll:
Once upon a time there lived a girl. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up.

mental
Nicky Driscoll

Re: AU can't even pick a decent company to ship with... =[

Post by mental » Nov 13th 2002, 10:38 pm

It means that when it got to your door, someone refused to accept it, so it's going back to AU. Is that what you wanted?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 13th 2002, 10:43 pm

Are you sure they gave your the correct tracking number? It looks like you were pretty cranky this morning when you refused the package, but I'm assuming that this is a total lie.

Ahhh, UPS. Like I have said before, it really depends on the delivery guy. Once when I Fed-Exed a package, UPS tracking told me that they attempted delivery when in fact, they never knocked on the door, rang the bell, or called the listed recipient phone number. They just said "attempted delivery" and said it was scheduled for another attempt the next day. The freaking liars - the person who I shipped this package too actually called me and said they had been waiting all day for UPS and they never showed up.

Neptin
Tino

Post by Neptin » Nov 13th 2002, 11:32 pm

Call UPS 1-800-742-5877

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Nov 14th 2002, 12:05 am

I also had UPS problems.

First, AU shipped it to the wrong address. I had changed my address twice, and they ended up sending it to the first change rather than the second (which had been confirmed by them). Only problem, the address they sent it to was a PO Box which UPS doesn't deliver to.

Once it finally arrives in my area, they attempt a delivery at the PO Box, then somehow get a street address from the PO Box (a wrong street address). I call them, give them the right address. They make two more attempts at the same wrong address even though I had confirmation before the first attempt that the address would be corrected.

Finally, after the package travelled around all day yesterday not knowing where to go, I call them this morning and they give me the number to pick it up at the UPS delivery center. And, I finally get it.

Phew.

Discs look great. But I had to laugh. Nothing in this whole thing seems to have gone right.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 14th 2002, 12:21 am

Must be AU's karma rubbing off onto the package.

:roll:

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Nov 14th 2002, 12:41 am

I assure you that I was home and less than 10 feet from the front door at the exact moment when he claimed to have delivered it....if that's what it means. I don't think that means they attempted to deliver it to me though. All those things supposedly happened in Whistler, Alabama. I live in Mobile, AL. What's even more interesting is that now the package is back in Montgomery, where it was 2 days ago. It looks to me like the receiver at the UPS office in Whistler did not receive the package.
Once upon a time there lived a girl. She was always asleep. One morning she woke up.

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Nov 14th 2002, 12:49 am

moviezzz: how did you get a hold of UPS? i've called their 800 number, but it's impossible to speak to a freaking human being, and there isn't exactly a menu option that says "press 8 if one of our offices has refused your package and it is now being shipped in the opposite direction of your city"

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Nov 14th 2002, 3:47 am

Pete I don't know if this will help, but when I have to call insurance companies at my work (I work in Pharmacy so I have to call them a lot) it seems that 0 is the magic number if you press it enough times at enough menus eventually the system gets confused and you get a live person on the phone. I am not sure if this will work with UPS though....

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: AU can't even pick a decent company to ship with... =[

Post by vapspwi » Nov 14th 2002, 10:25 am

For what it's worth, I've never had a real problem with UPS, and I've gotten a lot of stuff from them. *shrug*

JRjr

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Nov 14th 2002, 11:00 am

pete wrote:moviezzz: how did you get a hold of UPS? i've called their 800 number, but it's impossible to speak to a freaking human being, and there isn't exactly a menu option that says "press 8 if one of our offices has refused your package and it is now being shipped in the opposite direction of your city"
Call 1-800-pick-ups then on the first menu, press 0 to talk to an operator. They are very quick to answer the call. I never waited more than 30 seconds to speak to someone.

Be sure to have your tracking number.

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Nov 14th 2002, 4:39 pm

Oh my god. (pressing 0 worked, thank you for those who suggested it)
I just spoke to an operator at UPS, and she told me that someone called and refused my order. She said the only person who could do that was the person who sent it. AU called UPS and told them not to deliver my package when it was a mere 50 miles from my house. I am speechless. About to call AU and find out why the hell they did that.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 14th 2002, 4:45 pm

you'll be really lucky if they pick up the phone.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 14th 2002, 4:53 pm

pete wrote:Oh my god. (pressing 0 worked, thank you for those who suggested it)
I just spoke to an operator at UPS, and she told me that someone called and refused my order. She said the only person who could do that was the person who sent it. AU called UPS and told them not to deliver my package when it was a mere 50 miles from my house. I am speechless. About to call AU and find out why the hell they did that.
They must have needed it for another lawyer/mscl customer that was threatening them. :)

pete
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pete » Nov 14th 2002, 5:13 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:you'll be really lucky if they pick up the phone.
ding ding ding!

Johnny, tell him what he's won!

:cry:

How the hell can they get away with this?