Canada DVD purchases

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Canada DVD purchases

Post by EricMontreal22 » Nov 13th 2002, 5:47 am

Hey, I've been a lurker for a while and this forum has been a godsend. Before I discovered it around September, I just assumed the DVD would eventually show up in my box but really didn't know what to do--so thanks to everyone who's helped keep us up to date abotu all the crap going on via this site.

I ordered the dvd back in May--however it's complicated. I have no credit card, and am away at school in Montreal--so got my mother to let me use her card (she's in BC) but ship it directly here. Anyway so she's been getting emails every so often from Another Universe, etc...

Anyway does anyone know if Canadian orders for sure will be part of this mysterious "second wave" of tapes sent? Is there any threat of havign to wait for a "third" or "fourth wave" :roll:

I don't want to sound resentful of the American buyers (even if I am of those of them who have their tapes :lol: ) but it seems ridiculous that they'd only mail out domestic orders first regardless of who put in their order first--especially keeping in mind International orders will take longer to be delivered anyway...

Eric

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 13th 2002, 12:16 pm

Well if its any consolation there are plenty of US people who ordered in Feb/March and still havent gotten their sets either.

I ordered in June and I got mine. I like to fool myself into thinking they sent mine becuase they felt like crap for Triple charging me. Yeah right! :roll:
Last edited by fnordboy on Nov 13th 2002, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khatt
Jody Barsh

Post by Khatt » Nov 13th 2002, 12:45 pm

I am Canadian (Alberta), and still haven't heard a word about this "second wave", although I agree that this site has been a godsend. I even placed my order back in February... so I don't think it matters... they just have a big hat and draw names from it.

That WOULD make sense when viewed with the rest of the business practices.
"If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts."

EricMontreal22
Three Rivers Resident

Post by EricMontreal22 » Nov 13th 2002, 11:13 pm

Thanks--it's nice to hear support anyway:) And for the record, I was triple charged too (which makes it all the more awkward cuz it was my mom's visa... sigh) However it looks liek things were cleared up.

Oh well

Eric

kidbro77
Three Rivers Resident

nothing in BC

Post by kidbro77 » Nov 15th 2002, 5:08 pm

I'm in BC and haven't receied anything . No DVD and no email saying I would receive the DVD.

:(

I ordered in the summertime. And was double charged. Eric, u said things were cleared up on your credit card? That's good. I'm still awaiting a refund and hoping and praying that VISA is gonna help me out...