JUST SENT E-MAIL THREATENING LEGAL ACTION....WILL IT WORK?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
flwrchild2
Tino

JUST SENT E-MAIL THREATENING LEGAL ACTION....WILL IT WORK?

Post by flwrchild2 » Nov 12th 2002, 11:58 pm

Well, everyone I have finally had enough of this whole mess. I just sent an e-mail threatening legal action if i did not receive a phone call telling me where my order is and when I will receive it. What do you think? Will they give me a call?? I guess we'll see. I can tell you all one thing, they are lucky that they are dealing with me and not my mother...hehe(this was supposed to be a christmas gift from her...no i'm not a momma's girl...wait a minute...scratch that, maybe i am!) because she would really let them have it. I haven't told her how many people have had complaints about his company yet. I haven't even received a shipping number yet! I can't wait for this whole thing to be over. If i would have known there were going to be other distributors, i sure as hell would have bought it from them because this is ridiculous.
-Sorry about that, i just had to vent...lol :)

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Nov 13th 2002, 10:51 am

Can someone who has "threatened legal action" and had it work for them please tell the rest of us what exactly you said? I am not familiar with legal terms and such, but I want AU to think that I know what I am talking about. Any advice would really help!

mercury
Frozen Embryo

Post by mercury » Nov 13th 2002, 12:56 pm

all i did was tell ross that if i did not receive a credit to my cc account, i would contact the authorities. when he didn't respond (shocker), i filed a complaint with the ifcc. then i wrote him back telling him i complained and that further action would be taken if i did not receive a credit within 48 hours. he responded saying that he had credited my account (although i think it took a couple of days to show up). he asked me to notify the ifcc that the credit had been received, which i did but the complaint about their shady practices in general still stands.
i don't know how professional i sounded, but i got my money and expect my dvds from amazon on time and without billing mishaps.

George
Nicky Driscoll

Post by George » Nov 13th 2002, 4:48 pm

It was a while ago, about the beginning of October, when I cancelled my order with AU.com. I did not see a refund within the next week so I wrote them an email threatening all sorts of legal action and two days later my money was refunded. That's my story. I hope it works for you as well

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Nov 13th 2002, 6:02 pm

Well, I finally filed a complaint with the IFCC, and I emailed Ross to tell him so hopefully that will encourage him to refund my money.
Thanks for the advice.

flwrchild2
Tino

Post by flwrchild2 » Nov 13th 2002, 8:29 pm

well, since I sent the e-mail yesterday, they never sent me an email back, so my mother called them and he tried to say that he sent me an email this afternoon...(yeah right! I didn't receive this email!) He told her that the dvds will be shipped out friday and i should receive a tracking number in the email, but then again, they also said that last week. So, I guess it didn't work for me so far, but I will prolly give them a few more days to get the ball rolling. I can't wait until I get these DVD's there is no way that i will ever buy anything from this "company" ever again. Ordering from them has been nothing but a problem! I have to say that I am greatful that I am not alone in this, though. Is that terrible??