Sets 4-19 Update?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jewel
Tino

Sets 4-19 Update?

Post by Jewel » Nov 11th 2002, 7:46 pm

Wade just called me again today to inform me of my order. For those of us who ordered sets 4-19: yes, they exist, but they are part of Wave 2. Why some of us received tracking numbers is beyond my comprehension (although Wade did explain it to me).

Why is there a Wave 2? Wade said that BMG is sending the discs and AU doesn't even have to pay BMG to send the discs to California. I don't think I understand the whole Wave 1/Wave 2 thing, but that's all I can report. Don't shoot the messenger. While I am very skeptical, I have nothing else to go on right now but Wade's word. Gee, will I be crushed, yet again, if I don't have my discs by the end of next week...

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 11th 2002, 7:54 pm

Well this is strange. I ordered 4-19 and I got a tracking number that never changed from billing info received. But, I e-mailed Mike several times and he sent me a new set two day air. I got a new tracking number. It should arrive today or tomorrow. Go figure? I wonder if it is a full set? We shall see.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Post by MadMichael » Nov 20th 2002, 9:59 am

My Ep4-19 set is now 'In Transit' per the UPS Tracking web site, under my original tracking number of Nov. 4. Shipped Tuesday the 19th.
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 20th 2002, 4:30 pm

So I received my set like last Tuesday and my brother brought it up from my parents house to my apartment on Thursday. I got a full set. So now I have two copies of the first three episodes. But, believe me I am not complaining. Gotta go, e-bay is calling me. Time to unload a disc.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

WhimsyOne
Frozen Embryo

Post by WhimsyOne » Nov 20th 2002, 7:59 pm

Mine has finally moved out of the "Billing Info Received" status today! It's "In Transit" and in Richmond, CA. Mike emailed me back last week to let me know I was in "wave 2" and that it would probably ship the 15th. Then I came here and saw it was probably going to be the 18th. In checking UPS on the 18th I saw my status didn't change (by 10pm est)... so then I wondered if I was getting a new tracking number. Emailed Mike again. Haven't heard back from him. THEN I read that Best Buy would have it in yesterday. So...you guessed it...I went there last night (where they didn't even have them out, just the price sign. The guy had to go and get them from the back) and picked up a set. Now I'll have 2 of everything (because a year ago I bought Disc 1 from Amazon)! So, do I sell one or return it??

medellia77
Nicky Driscoll

Just got my e-mail with a typical AU twist

Post by medellia77 » Nov 20th 2002, 10:29 pm

Finally got my e-mail from AU telling me that my set has been shipped (eps. 4-19), and that I can "track it using the tracking number below:"

Funny thing is...no tracking number was written :roll:

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 20th 2002, 10:38 pm

Was there a link in the email? If the link didn't work(mine didn't, but it could've been the way Entourage read it), the tracking number is actually in the link it should start with a number then the letter Z. You should be able to copy/paste that number from your email into the UPS site to track it.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

medellia77
Nicky Driscoll

Post by medellia77 » Nov 21st 2002, 12:08 am

Jessica Popsicles wrote:Was there a link in the email? If the link didn't work(mine didn't, but it could've been the way Entourage read it), the tracking number is actually in the link it should start with a number then the letter Z. You should be able to copy/paste that number from your email into the UPS site to track it.
There was no link. In fact, it just looks like they forgot to finish the e-mail, and just sent it out. I've asked them to send me the tracking information, because until I see that, I won't believe it's really been shipped. In the meantime, I've been watching my old disk one, in anticipation.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 21st 2002, 12:41 am

medellia77 wrote:
Jessica Popsicles wrote:Was there a link in the email? If the link didn't work(mine didn't, but it could've been the way Entourage read it), the tracking number is actually in the link it should start with a number then the letter Z. You should be able to copy/paste that number from your email into the UPS site to track it.
There was no link. In fact, it just looks like they forgot to finish the e-mail, and just sent it out. I've asked them to send me the tracking information, because until I see that, I won't believe it's really been shipped. In the meantime, I've been watching my old disk one, in anticipation.
That sucks, I've got a number but right now it's in that spot where the billing information has been received yet the package hasn't actually been shipped. I don't really expect it to go anywhere until at least Friday. They're probably going to do a big shipment then or something.. at least I hope.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

Purplewolf
Frozen Embryo

Post by Purplewolf » Nov 21st 2002, 11:40 pm

Medellia77 - Just wanted to let you know that I am in the same boat. I decided to sent them an e-mail and, of course, they have not replied yet. Per my e-mail, if I don't hear from them by tomorrow...I will be cancelling my order and taking all legal action possible.

I do wonder if they have filled the California (and neighboring states) orders first because those people are more likely to drag them into small claims.

Best of luck getting everything you want out of AU...

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Post by MadMichael » Nov 25th 2002, 3:26 pm

Yippee!! My Ep4-19 set finally arrived, courtesy of the guy in brown clothing.

Excuse me while I go fix lunch and watch 'em...
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."