East cost ever going to get the DVD's?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

East cost ever going to get the DVD's?

Post by LetsBolt » Nov 10th 2002, 3:07 pm

hey guys,
im just wondering if anyone on the east coast has recieved any shipping numbers or whatever from AU? Or even allready recieved them?
I live in florida and have recieved jack s**t. now im getting angry, once again. [big surprise]

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Nov 10th 2002, 3:46 pm

well, i can't speak for the east coast, but i'm in Illinois and my tracking number show my set sitting up in Chicago, ready to be here tomorrow

:)

so i wouldn't worry

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: East cost ever going to get the DVD's?

Post by fnordboy » Nov 10th 2002, 4:29 pm

LetsBolt wrote:hey guys,
im just wondering if anyone on the east coast has recieved any shipping numbers or whatever from AU? Or even allready recieved them?
I live in florida and have recieved jack s**t. now im getting angry, once again. [big surprise]
Well i got my tracking number last week (and so did my sister). Both sets are being deleivered to my house in NJ. Up until this morning it didnt say anything other than that it left Richmond, CA. But finally today it says they were received in Parsippany, NJ w00t! Chances are i will recieve them tomorrow. As long as UPS is working on the "holiday".

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Nov 10th 2002, 10:09 pm

Great....except i still havent recieved anything yet. no email- nothing.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Nov 10th 2002, 10:33 pm

You are probably in the "2nd wave" if you didn't get any email saying your order shipped.

Have you emailed Mike? He seems to actually be replying to peoples emails so you might want to try that to see what he says.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: East cost ever going to get the DVD's?

Post by vapspwi » Nov 10th 2002, 10:39 pm

LetsBolt wrote:hey guys,
UPS Ground takes a minimum of 5 BUSINESS days to get to the east coast (well, to Atlanta, anyway) from Sacramento, per the UPS site. Apparently AU shipped stuff most of last week, and a lot of people report getting the package without ever getting any e-mail. If I don't hear anything by the middle or end of next week, then I'll get worried. For now, for all I know the set's enroute to my house.

JRjr

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Nov 11th 2002, 12:57 am

i got my conformation number, and checked out whats going on at UPS. says my set will be here by tues. man, i hope thats right. got mine form AU BTW.
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 11th 2002, 10:32 am

I haven't yet received my set here in Northern VA. My husband is getting sick of me asking and worrying. UPS said it should be here today, so I am anxiously waiting to see if that's true. I tried to track the package, but it hasn't been scanned since Richmond, CA on the 6th. I was freaking, thinking it was lost, but my husband (who used to work for UPS) said that it will get here tonight and that they haven't scanned it yet b/c its been traveling cross-country in a truck, and it should have arrived in MD this morning and it hasn't been unloaded yet. I trust him, so I guess I'll just wait. :shock:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

grlNmiami
Tino

Post by grlNmiami » Nov 11th 2002, 10:47 am

well i guess if the DVDs are supposed to be in atlanta or MD today from richmond, it will be another couple days before we see them in FL... atleast me since i am all the way down in miami :(

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 11th 2002, 11:35 am

grlNmiami wrote:well i guess if the DVDs are supposed to be in atlanta or MD today from richmond, it will be another couple days before we see them in FL... atleast me since i am all the way down in miami :(
Depends i dont know if your set would be in with that shipment. But it is possible. Mine showed up in Parsippany NJ on sunday morning, so if it was the same truck MD is only a 4 hour drive so i would think they would be there on sunday and on their way to FL.

But i would think it was more than one truck.

Supposedly mine will be here today. We'll see.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Nov 11th 2002, 12:27 pm

Hmmm i'll guess i'll have to wait and see....
Whats Mike's email addy?
i'll give him an email to check up on my order.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 11th 2002, 12:51 pm

Well in addition to the previous surveys about cancellation or overcharge refunds, it looks like Jason might eventually have to resort to emailing out a mass "did you actually receive your dvd's" survey followed by the "did you actually receive your bonus stuff" survey. ;) If past history is a guide, about 20% will actually see their dvd set. Second wave? More like a puddle.

OT (sort of OT but kind of relevant): Here's a link to an AP article explaining the advantages of a credit card over a debit card for online purchases.

http://www.post-gazette.com/yourbiz/200 ... mainp1.asp

Chaser
Tino

Post by Chaser » Nov 11th 2002, 1:24 pm

My discs just showed up in Laurel, MD about a half hour outside of DC!! Too bad I won't get them until my parents ship them to me at school, but at least they are on the East Coast :D
"Not too fast, not too slow. The confidence to make the steps your own."

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by vapspwi » Nov 11th 2002, 3:26 pm

Chaser wrote:My discs just showed up in Laurel, MD about a half hour outside of DC!! Too bad I won't get them until my parents ship them to me at school, but at least they are on the East Coast :D
Yep, mine arrived in the Atlanta area today (haven't gotten them yet because I wasn't home to sign). So they've made their way across most of the country, at least.

If it'll help anybody relax, I ordered in February, and never got any sort of shipping notice from AU.

JRjr

neal
Jody Barsh

east coasters chin up!!!

Post by neal » Nov 11th 2002, 4:23 pm

folks, i checked my UPS tracking number and it finally updated past Richmond CA...

PACKAGE PROGRESS
Date Time Location Activity
Nov 11, 2002 11:16 A.M. LAUREL, MD, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Nov 6, 2002 2:52 A.M. RICHMOND, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Nov 5, 2002 11:54 P.M. RICHMOND, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
10:17 P.M. SACRAMENTO, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
8:58 P.M. SACRAMENTO, CA, US ORIGIN SCAN
4:35 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Nov 11, 2002 2:56 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

Hopefully mine are getting on a Brown truck soon. I expect mine either today or tomorrow.
No one should hate... who they are.