Unbelievable.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Unbelievable.

Post by Jason R » Nov 10th 2002, 12:36 am

This threat to me from an AU investor:

http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boar ... read=24979

My response:

http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boar ... read=24983

You see, because of me, this guy thinks that AU's stock is being hurt. That's really funny, because I thought it was because the company has lied to customers and continues to hold $100,000+ of double bill money, and because management is essentially inept.

I am really pissed right now. :evil:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 10th 2002, 12:47 am

I know this sounds lame, but take a deep breath and remember that you are not the one who has done anything wrong. You have acted in good faith from the beginning, and AU's stock price is not your responsibility. You owe nothing to their stockholders. The fact that they are demented enough to invest in a company that treats their customers so poorly and then expect the stock price to go up just shows their circuitous logic.

Chin up - there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

And I know I speak for a lot of people here who appreciate all the effort that you have put into this project.

IJJTB Brigade

libellina17
Tino

no s**t

Post by libellina17 » Nov 10th 2002, 12:50 am

jason-

you rule! there are about 4,000 people who think you're awesome and have faith in your integrity, no matter what stupid money-slave assholes say.

:wink: :wink:

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 10th 2002, 1:38 am

Yeah, unfortunately they are right about one thing: There is nothing they will do to help the dvd or customer support situation. They are only interested in making money, and are too short sighted enough to realize that if AU didn't f#ck things up so bad, they'd probably be making a lot of money. And now AU will (hopefully) be shut down by the FBI and sent to jail (after they get out the set and rebates).

I'd be posting over there with a customers POV, but I doubt it would help anything. (Plus for some reason it doesn't like confirming my email over there) They will believe what they want to believe, and put thier fingers in their ears and cry like 5 yr olds when they hear something they don't like.

The only point posting over there now would be to warn new investors off. It seems like anyone who's been involved in this already has a position and will stick with it, no matter the evidence presented to them.

So yes, take the threats and report them and make sure they are dealt with properly. But its pretty obvious that trying to reason with them is futile. I'd hate to see your time wasted trying to get them to grow up.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

RichD
Tino

Post by RichD » Nov 10th 2002, 2:07 am

Just checked out that other message board, and all I can say is WOW - who the heck are those other illiterate wanks? It hurt my eyes just sifting through some of those postings... Socrates85 especially... comes across like a 12 year old.

Scary stuff.

Chin up, Jason - you're doing the right thing.

~ Rich

pirategraham
Jody Barsh

Post by pirategraham » Nov 10th 2002, 2:12 am

Refering to the linked post....

Well, Jason basically had over $25,000 invested in the company and lost it. So he is in the same boat as the other guy. Both of them are out $25,000 from doing business with AU. This guy probably blames the whistle blowers for the collapse of Enron. Or perhaps he blames California residents for wanting so damn much electricity.

The truth is that if the stock is in the toilet because that is where is belongs. If it really was worth more than it's current price, the smart investors would be all over it and the price would skyrocket. Some "irate customer" bad mouthing them would have little effect. How many people verbally trash AOL and Mircosoft? Look at the value of their stock. I am still learning about the stock market but I already know that Mr. Gravel has violated several basic rules of investing.

All I can say about Mr. Gravel is "A fool and his money are soon parted.

"Cliches happen." - Graham Chase
"The finish line is my happy place."

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Nov 10th 2002, 2:28 am

I do think that we should go in there, en mass, and show support
for Jason. I know I will have a bit of time on Monday, and will
pop in to that raging bull place and drop a few words of what I think
of AU and their customer service.

Mark

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

ComicStore.com Name Change

Post by DrLemonBurn » Nov 10th 2002, 3:01 am

What exactly are the implications of this?

http://sacramento.bizjournals.com/sacra ... aily9.html
so says Sparx.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: ComicStore.com Name Change

Post by Jason R » Nov 10th 2002, 3:09 am

Well, that is from Feb 2001. We know how CMIH has been flushed down the toilet since then.
DrLemonBurn wrote:What exactly are the implications of this?

http://sacramento.bizjournals.com/sacra ... aily9.html

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Nov 10th 2002, 3:13 am

Oops. Excuse me. Apparently I was just testing you...
so says Sparx.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 10th 2002, 9:20 pm

Jason,

With Candygirl and others on this one, this guy isn't worth your time. Every investment is a risk, right? So this guy lost money, okay. I have lost a good chunk of change in my Roths and retirement accounts because of the slumping stock market, it happens. You did not cause AUs stock to drop, AU & Co. caused their stock to drop.

You on the other hand have been nothing but forthwright and honest with all concerned. I hate to beat a dead horse but here goes...there is a reason you have over 1,000 posts. You have communicated with the fans/customers about what has been happening with the DVD sets, good or bad. You didn't make the news, you reported it. This investor guy needs some medication, a hug and nap time. If he wants to chew out someone go pick on Ross. This fiasco was his show after all.

Please know that I and others appreciate your efforts on our behalf. Please keep us posted on your future endeavors.

All my best,

Lance Man :D

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 10th 2002, 11:23 pm

MarkSWalker wrote:I do think that we should go in there, en mass, and show support
for Jason. I know I will have a bit of time on Monday, and will
pop in to that raging bull place and drop a few words of what I think
of AU and their customer service.

Mark
I post there mostly as a warning to new investors. They like to flood the page with links to ancient news that once sounded good. So, if you post, why not post a link to some more *recent* news about AU/CMIH when you go there.

ILoveCupCakes
Frozen Embryo

Post by ILoveCupCakes » Nov 13th 2002, 6:28 pm

As a Comics and Comix employee I couldn't agree more about how totally stupid the management of this company is, and how completly lacking of any business sense this place has. Some of their business decisions are truly mind-baffling (like the DVD set. When you are sturggling for money and can't get your usual shipments in on time, why would you enter into a venture like this?). Bunch of complete idiots!

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 13th 2002, 9:14 pm

CupCakes:

I was wondering if you had seen this thread at Comicon...

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimate ... 2&t=000109

...wherein Rojek states that full-time employees were also going unpaid, and wouldn't be paid until payments started going out to the freelancers?

Basically, I was curious about a couple of things.

1) What is your experience with checks bouncing?
2) Have you ever had to go without an expected paycheck?

If you feel more comfortable replying out of thread, feel free to private message me.

Howard

ILoveCupCakes
Frozen Embryo

Post by ILoveCupCakes » Nov 13th 2002, 11:56 pm

Howard wrote:CupCakes:

Basically, I was curious about a couple of things.

1) What is your experience with checks bouncing?
2) Have you ever had to go without an expected paycheck?

If you feel more comfortable replying out of thread, feel free to private message me.

Howard
As for #1, hasn't effected me, but for reasons I can't go into on here...

As for #2, I haven't had to go without, but have been delayed at times. But the Comics and Comix employees are paid.....differently....then those who work at the main office. I have HEARD of office people who are owed quite a bit, but no first hand knowledge.