UPS billing information received?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 9th 2002, 1:21 pm

I shop online all the time. The tracking information usually shows "billing information received" before it leaves the warehouse. My guess is that AU sent UPS a pickup request, however AU specified a particular date for that pickup.

UPS, like any other shipping company, does loose packages from time to time. But is seems highly unlikely that they have lost so many items from one shipper all at once.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

allie
Frozen Embryo

UPS Shipping

Post by allie » Nov 9th 2002, 6:09 pm

I was worried, too, when I checked (almost) every day and it didn't move from CA since Nov 5, but when I checked today the package was received and departed from Harrisburg, PA last night (I live just outside of Allentown, PA). I'm hoping it comes Monday because I have off from work Monday and will be home to get it - if it doesn't come Monday then I'll have to go pick it up.

Good luck to everyone in getting their DVD sets!
...and dance by the light of the moon.

dgenner8
Tino

Post by dgenner8 » Nov 9th 2002, 7:28 pm

i don't know about the rest of you, but when i look up my tracking info, it says there are 2 packages. there is a little button that lets me view the information for both. one says it's in transit, and the other says "billing information received". do those of you that get that message have 2 packages as well?? it could be that your discs ARE on the way, but the "other" package (which i guess is eventually meant to be the "bonus" material) has yet to be shipped.

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Nov 10th 2002, 1:35 am

Ok, now I'M REALLY MAD. As if AU hasn't had enough fun with us already, there's this. My package has said In Transit for the last four days. I was also worried because it didn't seem to have gone anywhere past Richmond, CA.

Now when I check it tonight, it says Billing Information Recieved. According to UPS, this means:
*Note: UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.
Maybe UPS wised up to the fact that AU never sent most of the DVDs they say they did, and redid the tracking on them? I'd be interested in hearing what all results other people are getting on the UPS site.

I think I'm going to call AU and bitch tomorrow, since that seems to work. I really doubt that ANY of these packages are being lost by UPS. My guess is AU hasn't actually shipped em to begin with. So calling and complaining might get you a bump, if you have a tracking number.

pat19btvs
Tino

Don't worry

Post by pat19btvs » Nov 10th 2002, 1:51 am

I had the same problem tonight, and immediately had the same concerns. However, I just called UPS, and the tracking system is down for maintenance, but will be online tomorrow. So that's why the tracking info looks all wonky.

Who's with me? BIG RELIEVEY SIGH.

-Pat

P.S. Also, according to UPS person I talked to today (because I live on the East Coast as well) the package should be scanned today (which means we'll see it tomorrow cause of the maintenance), or Monday. Again, sigh. No more Richmond.

EmmBee
Liberty High Student

Post by EmmBee » Nov 10th 2002, 1:58 am

Thanks for calling! ^_^ I'll check on it again tomorrow then. This makes me feel a little more optimistic. But not much. >_<

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 11th 2002, 3:59 pm

I too have this problem. Mine has said billing information received since last Monday now. It is lost. I replied the the e-mail I got from AU when I got the tracking number. Mike replied and sent me out a new set with 2nd day air. I even got a tracking number and it should arrive today. Yeah!!! So I guess reply to the e-mail with the tracking number. Here it is.

dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com

That seemed to work for me. In the mean time it looks my other two sets (Mind you I only order one) are still lost in transit. I wonder, if I wait long enough I could end up with three.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

neal
Jody Barsh

UPS ground...

Post by neal » Nov 11th 2002, 4:33 pm

basically the problem here is that they shipped the stuf UPS ground. That probably means that it is on an 18wheeler headed for a major stop near you. I live in Maryland and finally got a confirm that it reached a stop near my house. Here is the tracking info from the website...

So don't worry, its not lost, just keep checking.

PACKAGE PROGRESS
Date Time Location Activity
Nov 11, 2002 11:16 A.M. LAUREL, MD, US ARRIVAL SCAN
Nov 6, 2002 2:52 A.M. RICHMOND, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
Nov 5, 2002 11:54 P.M. RICHMOND, CA, US ARRIVAL SCAN
10:17 P.M. SACRAMENTO, CA, US DEPARTURE SCAN
8:58 P.M. SACRAMENTO, CA, US ORIGIN SCAN
4:35 P.M. US BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Nov 11, 2002 2:56 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)
No one should hate... who they are.

Michele
Tino

Post by Michele » Nov 11th 2002, 6:10 pm

It's been almost a week since I got the "BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED" message....I try to track my order and it STILL has not
changed. I have heard a few different stories about what this means. I live in New York and see that some people on the east coast know their sets are in transit already.
I don't know if it means anything, but I ordered in February, so I would think I'd be one of the first on the list to ship (but I don't know if that's how they worked out what orders would ship first of course).
Should I call AU and see exactly what is up with my order, or just wait a few more days?
What are most of you doing that still show billing info received?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 11th 2002, 6:20 pm

michele wrote:It's been almost a week since I got the "BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED" message....I try to track my order and it STILL has not
changed. I have heard a few different stories about what this means. I live in New York and see that some people on the east coast know their sets are in transit already.
I don't know if it means anything, but I ordered in February, so I would think I'd be one of the first on the list to ship (but I don't know if that's how they worked out what orders would ship first of course).
Should I call AU and see exactly what is up with my order, or just wait a few more days?
What are most of you doing that still show billing info received?
I live right outside Manhattan on the NJ side so my guess is that yours might have gotten lost in the mail. I received mine earlier today. And it said in transit since i got the email until yesterday. It started showing up in NJ.

I would call them and do your best to get them to overnight it to you. Whine, bitch moan yell threat whatever it takes.

Michele
Tino

Post by Michele » Nov 11th 2002, 6:51 pm

I live right outside Manhattan on the NJ side so my guess is that yours might have gotten lost in the mail. I received mine earlier today. And it said in transit since i got the email until yesterday. It started showing up in NJ.
Well, that's just great. If it got lost, where the hell could it have ended up? What's the point of a tracking number then?? This whole situation has been a nightmare to the very end :x

I have called AU about 10 times and of course no one is picking up the phone there. I guess I just have to keep trying.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 11th 2002, 7:00 pm

michele wrote: Well, that's just great. If it got lost, where the hell could it have ended up? What's the point of a tracking number then?? This whole situation has been a nightmare to the very end :x

I have called AU about 10 times and of course no one is picking up the phone there. I guess I just have to keep trying.
And to think its not over yet...still have to fight for the lunchbox, bonus disk, cancellation refunds and double/triple charges.

Well it may not have been lost, it might be sitting in AUs warehouse packed and waiting to be dropped at the UPS place. I dont know which is worse.

Call and email every number and address you can find until someone returns a call/email.

I cant believe that they cant even get a simple thing liek shipping right. They have to be the worlds worst company.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

WhimsyOne
Frozen Embryo

Post by WhimsyOne » Nov 12th 2002, 8:36 pm

Newbie poster here! I have lurked for most of the year, since my purchase last Feb. After all this time, finally the discs are on their way to me. Or so I hoped. I'm reading about them finally making it to the east coast and I'm wondering where mine are. I've still got the blasted "Billing Information Received" at UPS.com...and it's been there since Nov 5th. It hasn't moved. It's supposed to go to NJ, right outside of NYC as well...but nothing.

I replied to the email that sent the tracking number. I sent it back to everyone there. That was Saturday. No reply as of yet. I've tried to be so patient during this...tried to stick through it all and not cancel. I filled out all Jason's forms for my double-charge and waited patiently. Nothing you haven't heard before. I'm still waiting for that too. Now for it all to come down to a lost package in the mail, well, I could just cry! WHERE are my DVD's?!?
Sorry...just had to share.

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 12th 2002, 8:54 pm

Well believe it or not AU came through. Mike sent out a new set on Friday, because my seemed to be lost. I got it today! So I guess just keep e-mailing.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Jewel
Tino

Post by Jewel » Nov 12th 2002, 10:01 pm

To Whimsyone: Did you order the 4-19 set? If so, that is part of Wave 2, which AU will receive from BMG late this week (so I'm told). I did, and received a tracking number by mistake. Instead of making me wait (as if I haven't enough already) Wade is sending me a set that was returned (wrong address or something...). He called me today and told me it's shipping today.

Anyway, if your emails aren't successful, try calling and leaving a voicemail. I think Howard was in the same position I was, and he talked (maybe more like threatened!) to Mike and apparently fixed the problem (I don't know if Howard has yet to receive the set yet though).

It doesn't hurt to try calling. Wade was very helpful and called me back within an hour, called me back again the same night, and called me again today with my new tracking number.

Good luck.