Post here if you want to vent about NOT receiving the DVDs.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
ZabbieGurl
Tino

Still no DVDs.

Post by ZabbieGurl » Dec 5th 2002, 11:21 pm

:cry: Still no sign of my DVD set. I keep seeing more posts from people who have just recently received theirs, and I keep wondering if AU forgot to ship me one. I keep thinking to myself, "Ok...it's not here today...but maybe tomorrow!!! Yeah, tomorrow it should be here." But as the week is coming to an end, my optimism has gone down. Anyone else out there w/o their dvds, or am I the only one left?
This whole day has been... one long thing that makes no sense.

and7
Frozen Embryo

Overseas rant

Post by and7 » Jan 7th 2003, 4:48 pm

Jason, firstly thanks to you and the team that enabled me to watch all 19 episodes of the MSCL series over the last few weeks. The best christmas present I've had.
I appologise for repeating previously mentioned thoughts but I felt I had to speak after reading some of the posts.
I cannot believe the size of the hole that AU are still digging for themselves. It would be nice to imagine that their inability to respond to all the queries was because they were busying themselves refunding CC's and packing bonus items up for dispatch. Sadly I think that is not the case.
I feel sorry and angry for the many people who were charged many times and still await refunds and for the people who still haven't received the DVD set (if any remain). I can't help feeling sorry for all the other innocently involved parties around especially suppliers to AU and some people at AU who probably didn't have the ability to smooth out the problems as the mounted up. I worked before at a company that suffered a cash flow nightmare and struggled to keep its head above water. 2 of its suppliers went out of business because of the debts outstanding to them and yet that company is still going today. Doesn't life suck sometimes.

I suppose looking back it's ironic that that some of the other retail names were reluctant to take part in the MSCL project from the start. Still I got my AU set (minus bonus items) and the extra set I order from Amazon (which actually arrived 1 week earlier) so I offer a sort of thanks to AU for trying at least.
AU (from another planet anyway)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Overseas rant

Post by Jason R » Jan 7th 2003, 5:06 pm

I don't.
and7 wrote: Still I got my AU set (minus bonus items) and the extra set I order from Amazon (which actually arrived 1 week earlier) so I offer a sort of thanks to AU for trying at least.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Overseas rant

Post by fnordboy » Jan 7th 2003, 5:56 pm

and7 wrote:so I offer a sort of thanks to AU for trying at least.
Trying and probably succeeding in pulling off a great scam. Er..yeah...thanks for stealing my money twice.

How can anyone think that all this mess came from AU just not being able to handle everything?

and7
Frozen Embryo

an explanation

Post by and7 » Jan 7th 2003, 6:41 pm

I don't want to seem as if I think what AU did was at all handled well and I don't know the workings of the what happened well enough to be able to decide if AU had planned to rip off everyone in a malicious scam.
I fully agree with all the requests for people to report all those responsible to the authorities who can investigate and prosecute as required. Or at least as far as they are able to by law (I don't think the death penalty will be available for the judge on this one). CC fraud is a serious crime only a fool would allow this to go without penalty, not me, I regularly use my CC for internet transactions and would not have been able to get hold of the DVD's at all without this facility.
I think banks fall short of their obligations with regard to CC crime and I think they should be much more pro-active in chasing down false transactions and blocking crediting facilities to known criminals. AU's ability to process CC trade should be suspended if they are found to be at fault with the transactions and that applies to those persons at AU too.
Unfortunately we live in a society where trust is continually abused and if banks were to offer no quarrel refunds that system would also be abused in turn. Once again, life sucks.
My only point was if AU did take the project on in good faith they saved the MSCL DVD material from gathering dust in a BMG store room which would have been a great injustice if not a great crime. In my humble opinion having read the poor support from BMG all along with what was obviously a much demanded set (I was one of the many thousand people who pre-ordered in the first weeks) they are nearly alongside AU in the running for the most incompetent.
AU (from another planet anyway)