Received DVDs, Question about Ross, Image of Packing Slip

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Ultimate AMSFan
Frozen Embryo

Received DVDs, Question about Ross, Image of Packing Slip

Post by Ultimate AMSFan » Nov 7th 2002, 11:16 pm

I finally got my DVDs today. I had to go pick them up because AU put a eight month old shipping address on the packing label in according to my billing address for the credit card (even though I called about 2 weeks before shipping to confirm my shipping address). Bastards!!

Now, we wait for the Bonus disk.

But now the real question is that Ross stated that because they fouled up with all this crap they would send a gift certificate and a shirt of MSCL. Where the heck is our compensation for being screwed over??
Last edited by Ultimate AMSFan on Nov 7th 2002, 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 7th 2002, 11:18 pm

Ross likes to promise things. IMHO, he seems to have a big problem keeping the promises. Talk is cheap.

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Nov 7th 2002, 11:21 pm

For those of you who are receiving your DVDs...Is AU putting any kind of explanation in the box as to where the bonus DVD and Lunchbox are or are they shipping it with no information? I wouldn't be surprised if the wankers just shipped the sets with no info.

Ultimate AMSFan
Frozen Embryo

Post by Ultimate AMSFan » Nov 7th 2002, 11:23 pm

There was nothing in the box except a packing list with no further information. It has the shipping and stuff. I will post an image of it. Give me a second...

Ultimate AMSFan
Frozen Embryo

Post by Ultimate AMSFan » Nov 7th 2002, 11:30 pm

AS YOU CAN SEE GENERIC

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 8th 2002, 4:36 am

I would like to point out a few things here:

(1) I love the personalized packing slip which is billed to "MSCL DVD set customer." Are they just being lazy or is this to prevent us from having personalized documentation if we try to present this to, say, a credit card company two months from now when we have patiently waited 30 days after returning the set to AU?

(2) "Any additional materials will be shipped separately." That's it? What about everyone who does not read this forum? I know that AU sent out an email to everyone that included some mention of the bonus materials being delayed, but could they BE any more nebulous?

(3) "Shipping charges - If any - Not included." Why bother to state this when AU has already said that they are doing free shipping for everyone?!

I know, I know - I'm looking that gift horse right in the mouth. DVDs are shipping and I still have nothing nice to say about AU. Actually, it's okay since AU isn't actually a gift horse. More like a "anally probe you" breed of alien life form than a horse.

Lietuva
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lietuva » Nov 8th 2002, 9:20 pm

these are some very good observations..i doubt i would have thought of them if i was looking at the packing slip.

these guys seem to cover all areas ...to make it difficult in us getting our money back...those frauds.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 8th 2002, 10:30 pm

candygirl wrote: (1) I love the personalized packing slip which is billed to "MSCL DVD set customer." Are they just being lazy or is this to prevent us from having personalized documentation if we try to present this to, say, a credit card company two months from now when we have patiently waited 30 days after returning the set to AU?
AU has never personalized anything they send. :roll: Way back in April I received a typed receipt via snail-mail :shock: that was also addressed "Dear MSCL Customer". And, unlike that packaging slip, my receipt is not on AU or CMI letterhead. It isn't even signed by anyone. I saved the envelope it came in just to prove I didn't type up the receipt on my computer.

Another interesting note: I just noticed that the return label on my receipt lists anotheruiverse.com, followed by nextplanetover.com Anyone ever heard of that site before?
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 9th 2002, 1:16 am

Denie wrote: Another interesting note: I just noticed that the return label on my receipt lists anotheruiverse.com, followed by nextplanetover.com Anyone ever heard of that site before?
from the net, NextPlanetOver.com appears like it used to be a yahoo store associated with RR.

http://store.yahoo.com/nextplanetover/

Follow the phone number/address trail...

NextPlanetOver.com
4135 Northgate Blvd #5
Sacramento, CA 95834
phone: (916) 567-2490
fax: (916) 567-2499

BTP Distribution
4135 Northgate Boulevard, Suite #5
Sacramento, CA 95834
Ph: 916-567-2490
Fx: 916-567-2499
Em: ross@comicshop.net

Comics & Comix
4135 Northgate Blvd., Suite 5
Sacramento, CA 95834
916-567-2490

Another Universe
customerservice@anotheruniverse.com
Phone: (916) 567-2490 Mon-Fri 9am-6pm (PST)
Fax: (916) 567-2499

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 9th 2002, 1:25 am

Denie wrote:
candygirl wrote: (1) I love the personalized packing slip which is billed to "MSCL DVD set customer." Are they just being lazy or is this to prevent us from having personalized documentation if we try to present this to, say, a credit card company two months from now when we have patiently waited 30 days after returning the set to AU?
AU has never personalized anything they send. :roll: Way back in April I received a typed receipt via snail-mail :shock: that was also addressed "Dear MSCL Customer". And, unlike that packaging slip, my receipt is not on AU or CMI letterhead. It isn't even signed by anyone. I saved the envelope it came in just to prove I didn't type up the receipt on my computer.
I didn't save the original envelope, but I do have the original generic snail-mail confirmation they sent out. I liked that the date on their "receipt" was about a month before I received it.

At least AU has been consistent about this - why is it that they are only consistent about the negative stuff?! Oh wait - because they SUCK!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 9th 2002, 4:11 am

Denie wrote:AU has never personalized anything they send. :roll: Way back in April I received a typed receipt via snail-mail :shock: that was also addressed "Dear MSCL Customer". And, unlike that packaging slip, my receipt is not on AU or CMI letterhead. It isn't even signed by anyone. I saved the envelope it came in just to prove I didn't type up the receipt on my computer.

Another interesting note: I just noticed that the return label on my receipt lists anotheruiverse.com, followed by nextplanetover.com Anyone ever heard of that site before?
Odd, I thought all the snail mail receipts were identical, but I checked and mine clearly has "CMI Holdings" at the top and bottom of the letter. It has the same address as the double business names on the return label. The letter seems to have been authored by Mike@AU, but like Denie says, there's no signature, just "Sincerely, CMI Holdings Inc."

So, don't know if that helps anybody, but there it is...
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 9th 2002, 5:14 am

I'm sorry but that "invoice" has got to be the most laughable thing ever. It just goes to show what kind of fly-by-night operation AU has become.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 9th 2002, 7:19 pm

Here is exactly how "receipt" was typed:
If anyone else has something different, let me know.

With no official company letterhead or signature, I could easily reproduce this so-called "receipt" in a matter of minutes. Heck it doesn't even tell me how much I personally paid for the DVD! What a joke AU is! I don't think they could get any more unprofessional if they tried.
Friday, April 12, 2002

CMI Holdings
7975 Ramona Ave #B
Sacramento Ca, 95826

Dear MSCL Customer,
Let me start by saying thank-you to each and every one of you for helping us make this happen. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

You are receiving this as a receipt for your purchase.

For each copy of MSCL Set1, Episodes 1-19, you were charged $20.00 for your initial pre-order and then a total of $79.98. Total cost to you was 99.98.

--OR--

For each copy of MSCL Set2, Episodes 4-19. You were charged $20.00 for your initial pre-order and then a total of $69.98. Total cost to you was 89.98.

If you ordered Multiple copies and were not billed the correct total please drop us a line at Mike@anotheruniverse.com

You may contact Mike@anotheruniverse.com with any other questions or problems.

Sincerely,
CMI Holdings Inc.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 10th 2002, 3:50 am

OK, I was using "letterhead" in a slightly different sense. My letter is, in fact, identical to Denie's. Sorry for the confusion.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain