I think we're going to see a surge in posters.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

I think we're going to see a surge in posters.

Post by andrewgd » Nov 7th 2002, 2:59 pm

I bet in the next few weeks we're going to see a surge in the number of new people posting here. I think its already begun. How many people do you think ordered the set through seeing the ads, and thought it was only available through AU. And AU still doesn't state that the lunchbox and extra disk are shipping separately until they've already shipped the dvds.

In fact, this is what they say:
This package will include a limited edition My So-Called Life Lunchbox, a bonus DVD with over 2 hours of interviews with cast and crew and early shipping on the My So-Called Life DVD set.
The package will include. Of course, they follow it up with early shipping on the set. Which I guess could mean it ships earlier than other retailers, or the extra items.

I just feel really bad for everyone new who has been brought in by AU's lies. And I think we're going to see quite a surge of newly pissed off people on this board. So lets make them feel welcome. :D
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Howard
Yearbook Team

Re: I think we're going to see a surge in posters.

Post by Howard » Nov 7th 2002, 3:52 pm

This package will include a limited edition My So-Called Life Lunchbox, a bonus DVD with over 2 hours of interviews with cast and crew and <u>early shipping on the My So-Called Life DVD set</u>.
Of the entire package, the set of DVDs will ship earlier than the other items. Obfuscation at its best, but it's in there.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 7th 2002, 5:00 pm

What about all the old-timers here who ordered early on and have since stopped posting? Given the unreliability of AU's e-mail updates, one wonders if they have any idea of what's going on.

More recently, I see there hasn't been a post from Socalledfan in two weeks! Perhaps this is the same phenomenon that made all the MSCL fans "disappear" during the ratings sweeps of '94/'95... :?

Yeah, I know there's no rule about keeping up your posting, but it seems like a bad time to be out of the loop.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 7th 2002, 5:46 pm

Im sure there are a good number of people who just dont want to post and get involved in all this. I think after everything dies down a bit and the first shipment of our goods, the DVDs, come in then there will be more life from some of the MIAs.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 7th 2002, 5:47 pm

Yeah, SCFan, Joanna, Colene, Somamoons, Nightjessie, Where the heck are all of you???????? And DreamTheater too????? I feel like I'm posting with total strangers lately?????? Talk to me / us! -please
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 7th 2002, 6:04 pm

K-man wrote:Yeah, SCFan, Joanna, Colene, Somamoons, Nightjessie, Where the heck are all of you???????? And DreamTheater too????? I feel like I'm posting with total strangers lately?????? Talk to me / us! -please
I hope all the old-timers return soon... now that the dvd's are starting to trickle out, it be nice to have everyone back!

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 7th 2002, 6:21 pm

Yeah pghkenny, i agree with you. I only wonder if the real-oldtimers will make an apprearance.?. i.e. Oldguy, Jack, Worldsapart, Mia, Soma, etc. etc. Sad to say they have been scarce lately.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 7th 2002, 7:32 pm

K-man wrote:Yeah pghkenny, i agree with you. I only wonder if the real-oldtimers will make an apprearance.?. i.e. Oldguy, Jack, Worldsapart, Mia, Soma, etc. etc. Sad to say they have been scarce lately.
Exactly. Even Candygirl, our second most prolific poster, seems to have been absent the past few days. I don't mean to discourage the new forum members, I'm sure many of them will have interesting things to say, but, well, Sometimes you want to go... (cue music)

Where every-body knows your na-aaame!

:wink:
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 7th 2002, 8:10 pm

even though i didn't start posting until sept. i sure did keep track of what others have been posting since I pre-ordered... I remember thinking in July... oh I feel really bad for those people that got double charged... but I'm one of the lucky ones..." Of course au.com shared the double charge love with me in the august wave.

DiForYou
Frozen Embryo

your old friends

Post by DiForYou » Nov 7th 2002, 9:23 pm

I was looking around the site the other day and recognized a lot of the names in the other forums - maybe your friends just left the DVD area to talk about other things. I think you'll find them there! :arrow:

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Nov 8th 2002, 5:03 am

Nostradamus wrote:
K-man wrote:Yeah pghkenny, i agree with you. I only wonder if the real-oldtimers will make an apprearance.?. i.e. Oldguy, Jack, Worldsapart, Mia, Soma, etc. etc. Sad to say they have been scarce lately.
Exactly. Even Candygirl, our second most prolific poster, seems to have been absent the past few days. I don't mean to discourage the new forum members, I'm sure many of them will have interesting things to say, but, well, Sometimes you want to go... (cue music)

Where every-body knows your na-aaame!

:wink:
Sorry to have abandoned ship at a nail-biting juncture of our adventure together, but I was at a conference in Florida with scant internet access available. I was busy at the pool working on my tan, errrrrr, soaking in all the information available at the conference.

I did give in and stand in line for 25 minutes at Kinko's while I was in Florida so I could clear out the 2000000 emails sitting in my junk box screaming for my attention (among them "I need penis" but sadly no new AU messages) but I knew I didn't have time to log in here and give it my full attention.

But I'm back now, and I would like to say...

NORM!

Seriously, I know what you mean. I haven't seen hide nor hair from OldGuy in months. You can't imagine my surprise at coming back from Florida to see NightJessie's return! Although I was much more of a lurker than a poster last year, I really miss a lot of those people's thoughts. I'm glad that SCF pops in every once in a while.

Lassie, come home!!

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Welcome Back, Candy

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 8th 2002, 5:52 am

Whew! For a while there I thought I was going to have to write witty replies to my own posts! :D

Back on topic: Gotta give the "Old Timers" credit; in the past hours I've seen several of them floating around the forum, a few of them even posting. I do feel a bit odd even mentioning them, as I've only been posting here less than a year...

... So while I'm thinking of it, thanks to everyone who signed the petition back in the day. 8)

Sincerely, Nostradamus

(who has already forgotten if he signed too)
-- Clarence Darrow

-- Mark Twain

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 8th 2002, 12:04 pm

candygirl wrote:I did give in and stand in line for 25 minutes at Kinko's while I was in Florida so I could clear out the 2000000 emails sitting in my junk box screaming for my attention (among them "I need penis" but sadly no new AU messages)
You sure that wasnt from AU? New marketing tactic. Didnt you hear, they have an exclusive on penis now. :D

kez
Nicky Driscoll

Re: Welcome Back, Candy

Post by kez » Nov 8th 2002, 3:02 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Whew! For a while there I thought I was going to have to write witty replies to my own posts! :D

Back on topic: Gotta give the "Old Timers" credit; in the past hours I've seen several of them floating around the forum, a few of them even posting. I do feel a bit odd even mentioning them, as I've only been posting here less than a year...

... So while I'm thinking of it, thanks to everyone who signed the petition back in the day. 8)

Sincerely, Nostradamus

(who has already forgotten if he signed too)
i signed the petition at the beginning of the year, but only registered on here today :)

i also paid the deposit, and accepted the charge when asked.

wonder when i'll get my lunchbox set :roll:

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Nov 8th 2002, 5:08 pm

Heeeeeey Yooooouuu Guuuuuuuuuys!!! :D :D :D

SO sorry I've been absent, work has been INSANE for the past two weeks. I just popped in here for a sec but I'm off again. I'll try to pop in next week for a few posts.

Just wanted to let you know:

1. I haven't died

2. I miss you all

and

3. I still have not received my refund from AU...I despise them with a passion!!!!

Luv you all and talk to ya soon!!!
SCF 8)
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."