TO THOSE AWAITING REFUNDS: KEEP UP PRESSURE, HERE'S WHY!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

TO THOSE AWAITING REFUNDS: KEEP UP PRESSURE, HERE'S WHY!

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 6th 2002, 8:19 pm

Hey all - I know that some folks are getting excited that the dvds are FINALLY trickling in, and can't blame ya, right f*cking on. This post IS a tad (haha) long-winded, but please bear with me.

Credit Card/Debit Card Orderers: For those who've CANCELLED, and are being ignored altogether, for those who've been DOUBLE OR TRIPLE CHARGED, and have yet to see a dime, I say to you: DO NOT GET COMPLACENT, GET THE MONEY OWED TO YOU. I realize that maybe SOME of the issues I'm stating here have been posted before. This is a bit different, and here is why I think that continued pressure might just FINALLY work:

I just spent an HOUR AND A HALF,(seriously), on the phone - first with my bank, and then was given this number for Visa. 1-800-VISA-911. CALL THEM NOW. Hit option 6 when prompted.

As I've posted previously, my bank stated it couldn't help me, due to the fact that the charge was more than 60 days ago, and I used a debit card and by federal law, they are UNABLE to issue a refund. This time I also spoke with someone at that VISA number, not just my bank, and not just the Visa DEPARTMENT in my bank. I filed two different complaints with VISA: One claim, that they will send BACK to my bank and tell them to investigate further, (my reasoning being that, since I used said card as a VISA, not a debit card, and my card DOES have the Visa logo on it, shouldn't I be afforded the same protection offered to those holding a VISA card?) The Visa rep agreed, btw, and is really pushing this. The other complaint I submitted states that I believe AU to be engaging in fraudulent activity. I mean, how many people do you have to screw over to constitute fraud anyway, hu?? I have been promised a refund - IN WRITING - by TWO DIFFERNT PEOPLE, no money, no return calls, complete shut down. I included the MSCL.com website, for further corroborating evidence and testimony, AU's contact address, phone numbers and names of responsible parties, and I am FINALLY STARTING TO FEEL HOPE THAT I'LL GET MONEY BACK! (As a debit card orderer, I had completely given up.) The woman spent 60 minutes taking as much info as she could, and sounded pretty positive about the outcome. She also thanked me profusely for bringing this to their attention! The reason I am writing this lengthy (sorry!) post is this:

Do you REALLY think we'd be seeing the dvds come through now instead of being given yet ANOTHER date of, say December/January or LATER, if intense pressure had not been brought to bear by Jason, the articles that've recently been posted, AND constant customer complaints?? The only way I see of getting them to release our money is by bringing FURTHER pressure to bear, and by Actually Reporting these instances to the people who can hurt AU where it counts - VISA & MASTERCARD. The woman at Visa that I spoke with said to me "They are not representing Visa well, as a merchant, and they'll get their account seriouly looked at." Maybe more.

Again, if enough people report this, they might just get pressured into delivering. Once again.

PLEASE. DO NOT GIVE UP. After all the time I've PERSONALLY spent on this issue, well, I want what's owed to me. Period.

Thank you for your time.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 8:26 pm

Well said.

There are WAY too many people waiting for refunds for them to let this drop. Many, many people appear to have been charged over $300. It's just mind-boggling.

Lietuva
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lietuva » Nov 8th 2002, 8:33 am

I contacted my Visa Credit Card 2 weeks ago explaining the situation.They had me send in a very simple letter with dates I was promised to receive the DVD's,the charges and the dates charges were made, and what I have did to get a refund.

I checked my visa statement online this morning,and much to my surprise...I have been refunded $20 and $ 79.98.BUT I'm pretty sure it wasnt from AU because it said "balance adjustment" and if it was actually from AU my statement would list the company name. So now Visa will have to go get their money from AU.

Im going to call Visa tonight to find out details.

OK..I called visa and......

they told me that they reversed the charges from another universe's bank account.AU has 45 days to dispute the reversed charges.BUT the only dispute AU would have is that I received the dvd's( and they will need my signature upon delivery for proof)And because I havent received any dvds the case will be closed,I will have my money and AU will not!!!

The visa rep told me that if AU ends up sending me the dvds despite my cancellation I am to refuse the package and it will go back to AU.

the visa rep told me to encourage everyone to call their credit cards and report this fraud.she also told me that visa and mastercard charge a fine to sellers whenever they have to do a reverse charge, so au will have alot of extra fines if everyone gets their creditcards to reverse charges...woooooohooooooooo!!!
Last edited by Lietuva on Nov 8th 2002, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ClarenceWorley
Let's Bolt Regular

Vote One Ricky Love

Post by ClarenceWorley » Nov 8th 2002, 10:04 am

Couldn't agree more.

I finally went to my bank and disputed the charges on my Visa card. Lucky for me, it was relatively painless, except for explaining the whole story to them. Pending AU actually refunding me :lol:, I'll most likely get my money via chargeback.

So people, fight for what is rightfully yours and we can all leave this horrible mess behind us.
"I'm just an ordinary guy with nothing to lose."

Lietuva
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lietuva » Nov 8th 2002, 8:50 pm

contact your credit card company......tell them the story...i did and they reversed the charges...simple as that...its worth a shot everyone.
now the pit in my stomach is easing a bit...but im still waiting for my set from amazon (but they have my faith)

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Nov 8th 2002, 9:01 pm

I called that visa number, they were less than helpful. They told me they really couldn't do ANYTHING. It was my bank that had the governing decision.

I did contact my bank next, they told me they would probably reverse the charges, but I had to go into the bank and ask for a GOOD FAITH dispute. She said as long as I use that term, the timeframe that the charge(s) were put on wouldnt matter.

The only thing is it costs $5 per item to get the hard copy. Of course I don't keep my statements. So since there was 3 charges, I'm going to give AU 2 more weeks. (I'm so cheap.. err broke).

Anyway I hope this helps someone.

"It can't rain all the time"

Lietuva
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lietuva » Nov 8th 2002, 9:13 pm

kriddyboo........

I was wondering if your visa card was one of those bank cards that has the visa logo on it?otherwise I dont understand why the visa credit card company would say that its your banks decision.

well good luck to you.