What is likelihood extras will be shipped as promised?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
tarfan
Frozen Embryo

What is likelihood extras will be shipped as promised?

Post by tarfan » Nov 6th 2002, 4:21 pm

UPS actually delivered the dvds today. I received 2 emails with different tracking numbers, but I got one package today. I checked and realized my cc was charged back in August, except, I disputed the charge as it was from a Comix store and I did not connect the two.

Now, I am wondering: Should I keep the discs, let the cc charge stand, and wait indefinitely for the promised extras that cost $40+ (is that lunchbox gold-plated?)? Or should I return the discs, cancel my order, and buy the set elsewhere? Right now, the extras are not that important to me. Any thoughts, suggestions, etc.?

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 6th 2002, 4:38 pm

When did you order the DVDs? Was the charge to your credit card in August the balance ($80) or a double-charge ($115)? Check your past statements. Most people paid a deposit in Feb and then the balance in March. Unless you ordered late, a charge in August is probably a double-charge. If that is true, keep the set you just received and continue disputing the amount AU took in August.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

tarfan
Frozen Embryo

Post by tarfan » Nov 6th 2002, 5:27 pm

I was one of those who pre-ordered the dvds after they were announced. Originally, I ordered the eps 2-19 set, then, I changed it to the complete set.

As far as I can figure, AU did not charge my cc until Aug. Part of the problem is, I can't remember which cc I used, but I have looked at all my cc statements since Feb. and have not found any charges by them. The charge on August 2, shows up as "Comics - Comix #3 Sacramento, CA" and there are two separate charges, one for $20, and the other for $79.98. The total is the amount indicated on my packing slip, i.e. $99.98. So maybe, because I changed my order, it was a late order?? I am very confused.

If I was only charged once then, I'd still like to know people's opinions on whether I should keep the discs and hope for the extras to arrive. Thanks.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 6th 2002, 6:18 pm

Sounds like you were only charged once for the set. Thats definitely a good thing!

As far as keeping the discs and hoping for the extras is concerned, it's totally up to you. Since you already have the DVDs in your hands (lucky you :D ), and considering how much trouble people are having getting a refund from AU, you may want to keep your order. However, if you don't care about the extra items, would rather pay less for the DVDs, and have some time to spend disputing the charges with your credit card company, then by all means cancel.

I don't think anyone really knows when or if the bonus disc and lunchbox will ship. AU says December. They also said the DVDs would ship Sept. 17th!

Personally, I cancelled with AU and am now anxiously awaiting the arrival from Amazon. As much as I wanted the bonus disc and lunchbox, I couldn't tolerate AU getting my hard earned money which they obviously don't deserve.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Nov 6th 2002, 10:56 pm

Don't want to stir up false hopes, but keep this in mind.

It has been confirmed that AU has paid for the lunchboxes, and they are currently being pressed.

Also, recently via press releases and advertising, AU has been very LOUD in stating the Lunchbox AND bonus disk make up the "Collector's set". In many of these it also mentions specifically the interviews done with the creators.

Now admittedly, they don't confirm a whole lot, I would like a confirmation about the Radio and Television institute thingy interviews. But anyway, I figure with all this publicity, they HAVE TO at least ship that!

Because if they don't, there's plenty of evidence that these items were part of the deal, giving pretty solid ground for legal actions.
If they don't it might also(I think) be technical grounds for getting a full refund, even if we have the disks. Since technically we didn't recieve what we paid for.

Either way, I plan to hold out for the Collector's stuff, because I'm a sucker for anything like that. I'll wait and see if I get it. If I don't, then I'll kick up a storm. Not sure what I can do from Australia though, being pretty far away, but I'm chancing it.
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

tarfan
Frozen Embryo

Post by tarfan » Nov 6th 2002, 11:41 pm

The promised extras would be nice, but I guess I am just very wary after all the screwups. I mean, originally, the set was going to be all exclusive, only available through AU, and now, other places are selling it for a lot less. Not to mention, the shipping delays and complete lack of response to emails by AU. I'm just not that convinced the bonus dvd and one tin lunch box is worth $40. As someone who never pays retail for dvds and likes a good deal, it really pains me to think I am paying the full retail price for this.

However, since it looks like trying to return the dvds will be a pain as well, I will hang on to them and hope for the best. My only concern is, if I keep them, and let the charge stand, what if the extras don't come? Could I re-dispute the charge? Or I suppose, I'd have legal recourse. But then, I'd have to waste more time doing that. Sigh. Also, could someone please confirm that the $99.98 AU charged me for one set of dvds is the correct amount? Thanks again.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 7th 2002, 2:40 am

tarfan wrote:Also, could someone please confirm that the $99.98 AU charged me for one set of dvds is the correct amount? Thanks again.
Yes, that is the correct amount if you were purchasing the entire set.
$20.00 - deposit
$79.98 - balance

If you were only buying episodes 4 - 19 the cost was supposed to be $89.98. Those who did not pre-order had to pay full price which is $115.00

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Nov 7th 2002, 11:01 am

Denie wrote:Those who did not pre-order had to pay full price which is $115.00
Which I always thought was dumb because if you order something before it is released, let alone EXISTS, aren't you pre-ordering? Whatever.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 7th 2002, 12:21 pm

Here's a question for the group......Anyone wanna bet on how long before the "exclusive-pre-order-sets" (lunchbox,interviews and all) show up on Amazon.com for $59.99 ??????? I wouldn't be surprised.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 7th 2002, 1:03 pm

K-man wrote:Here's a question for the group......Anyone wanna bet on how long before the "exclusive-pre-order-sets" (lunchbox,interviews and all) show up on Amazon.com for $59.99 ??????? I wouldn't be surprised.
Well it is a definite that they will show up on amazon, but they wont be sold really through amazon. They will be up there through the marketplace. Amazon doesnt seem to care what you put up there for sale, i've seen many hong kong bootleg dvds listed along with the real R1 release of movies.

So it will be there, and probably fairly quick after they ship them out.