Shipping question...

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Shipping question...

Post by fnordboy » Nov 6th 2002, 12:57 pm

I thought that the DVDs were going to be shipped USPS priority originally? Am I correct or am i making that up?

If that is the case why go UPS Ground? Isn't that slower and roughly same cost if not more?

How long does it take for UPS Ground to come from CA to NYC area? Anyone have a fair guesstimate?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 1:05 pm

but tracking is included with UPS, so maybe it comes out marginally cheaper.

neal
Jody Barsh

Re: Shipping question...

Post by neal » Nov 6th 2002, 1:18 pm

fnordboy wrote: How long does it take for UPS Ground to come from CA to NYC area? Anyone have a fair guesstimate?
fnordboy,

Unfortunately GROUND shipping is slowly creeping along to the East Coast. There is a Transit time feature on the UPS website. They guarantee the product to be to us by Tuesday or 5 transit days. Hopefully it will get to us sooner than that.

I am in Maryland and have been checking the status on and off today. So far it went from Sacramento to RICHMOND. YES! But wait, not RICHMOND VIRGINIA as I had hoped, RICHMOND CALIFORNIA. BOO!
No one should hate... who they are.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: Shipping question...

Post by fnordboy » Nov 6th 2002, 1:20 pm

neal wrote:I am in Maryland and have been checking the status on and off today. So far it went from Sacramento to RICHMOND. YES! But wait, not RICHMOND VIRGINIA as I had hoped, RICHMOND CALIFORNIA. BOO!
Yeah that is where it is at for me too.

As far as the Transit Time part i didnt know the zip for Sacramento so i couldnt do it and i am lazy and figured someone here did it already :)

Thanks

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 6th 2002, 3:05 pm

I seem to have aproblem with my shipment. I have the tracking number but it does not give an arrival date. It actually says

*Note: UPS has received shipper's billing information electronically. Billing information received does not indicate shipment pickup or drop-off. Please contact the shipper for more details.

Of course I contacted AU, but I can not get through. What does this mean? Anybody else get this? Not only that I should get them like soon, I am in Cali.
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Nov 6th 2002, 3:11 pm

Never mind. I actually got a reply when I sent an e-mail. I can't believe I got a response. Basically it means my package has not reached the UPS hub yet.

Hopefully I will still get it this week.

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Nov 6th 2002, 9:22 pm

I can't find an ETA for my package. I did find out, though, that when you enter in your tracking number and click on "detail", it tells you it's in Richmond, CA as of Nov.5, but if you click on "Show All", it gives a more updated status. For me, the package (as well as the mysterious 2nd parcel) left Sacramento on Monday night, got to Richmond about 2 hours later, left at about 3 AM the same morning, and is now in Horsham, PA which is only a few miles away from Philadelphia. And if my past experience with UPS is any indication, it will arrive at my local UPS hub tomorrow morning, which means I should get it tomorrow, I hope, I hope, I hope. And I hope it won't require a signature, because I won't be home. Maybe I'll take the day off.
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

bluemmsrule
Tino

UPS

Post by bluemmsrule » Nov 6th 2002, 11:05 pm

Fnordboy,
AU's zip code is 95826. I am on the East coast in South Carolina and mine says its guaranteed to arrive by the end of the day Monday the 11th.
Right now it says its in Greensboro, NC. Hopefully, I'll have it by Friday. It might be a great weekend! :D

Shlugen
Tino

Post by Shlugen » Nov 7th 2002, 4:02 pm

dTheater wrote:And I hope it won't require a signature, because I won't be home. Maybe I'll take the day off.
According to UPS, the Wiz Kids at AU sent them "Signature Required." UPS attempted to deliver my set on Wednesday. No one was home except my dog and he refused to sign, so UPS still has my box. I called today and made arrangements to pick it up tonight, since 1) I don't want to wait and 2) I don't want to risk it being sent back to AU. The HORROR! :D I'd suggest taking the day off...you deserve it after all the stress you've gone through. :)
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?