International orders shipped?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

International orders shipped?

Post by Hardware » Nov 6th 2002, 7:26 am

Anyone know what method AU are using to ship internationally? I'm in the UK, I haven't received a tracking number or anything and I'm hoping to get my set in the 4-5 days listed on the AU site.

Any non-US people out there with tracking numbers?

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 6th 2002, 3:18 pm

nope not yet grrrrrr

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 6th 2002, 3:28 pm

I haven't either...

I guess they are shipping US first and then international...

Which sucks, because I was order number 3 or 4 !!!

I should have shipped on the first day...

hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

nope none here

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Nov 6th 2002, 3:33 pm

from canada and i haven't received an email either

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 3:34 pm

"should" being the operative word. Remember who you are dealing with here.
MartinPierre wrote:I haven't either...

I guess they are shipping US first and then international...

Which sucks, because I was order number 3 or 4 !!!

I should have shipped on the first day...

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

international orders

Post by Jim » Nov 6th 2002, 4:01 pm

I believe that when brainysmurf posted pictures from his trip to AU's warehouse, he mentioned that regular mail would be used for orders that couldn't be shipped via UPS (i.e. addresses which were PO boxes) and also for international orders. So I wouldn't be surprised if these go out after all the UPS shipments.

Who knows if we'll even get tracking numbers...but hopefully they'll still send confirmation e-mails.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 6th 2002, 4:27 pm

Hey, UPS ships to Canada...

And for not much more than USPS !!!

But anyway, I just hope most of the transit is done in Canada, and not in the US, because Canadian mail is WAY faster than USPS !!!

A letter from one end to the other of Canada usually doesn't take more than 3 or 4 days.

and once the border is crossed, I usually get my packages the very next day !

Try that in the US...

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Nov 6th 2002, 4:31 pm

Great - I just called them..

I got the usual message saying that they're all out packing stuff and to please leave a message. Their damn mailbox is full so I can't!

I am getting really pissed off now - all the US customers are getting confirmation and the international customers are getting ignored. I still want a refund of my overcharge too!

Anyone got any ideas at all about how we can actually get some information out of this pisspot company???

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 4:33 pm

http://www.ftc.gov

Hardware wrote:Great - I just called them..

I got the usual message saying that they're all out packing stuff and to please leave a message. Their damn mailbox is full so I can't!

I am getting really pissed off now - all the US customers are getting confirmation and the international customers are getting ignored. I still want a refund of my overcharge too!

Anyone got any ideas at all about how we can actually get some information out of this pisspot company???

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Jim » Nov 6th 2002, 4:36 pm

I'll be glad if they don't use UPS for shipments to Canada. Everytime I get something from the US sent via UPS, I end up paying an outrageous 'brokerage' fee.

I'm sometimes surprised at how fast Canada Post can be. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered some items from Amazon.ca on a Wednesday evening. The package was delivered by Canada Post on Friday - 2 days later, and shipping was free because the order was for more than $75.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Nov 6th 2002, 4:37 pm

FTC Website wrote:While the FTC does not resolve individual consumer problems...
I don't want a law enforcement agency who will ignore me for months 'cos I'm not a US citizen; Martin, you said a few days ago that you could get people through to Ross on his mobile - is that offer still open?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 6:18 pm

they won't resolve it, but you can threaten to submit your complaint there. it certainly seems that enough customers have been doing the same. seems easier to fix your problem then for AU to deal with these agencies. If they were smart, that is.
Hardware wrote:
FTC Website wrote:While the FTC does not resolve individual consumer problems...
I don't want a law enforcement agency who will ignore me for months 'cos I'm not a US citizen; Martin, you said a few days ago that you could get people through to Ross on his mobile - is that offer still open?

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Nov 6th 2002, 6:45 pm

Hi all,

I e-mailed a whole load of addresses at anotheruniverse.com and just got the following in response:
Ross Rojek wrote:We will be shipping all the international orders next. We will be shipping them with tracking numbers. As for your specific order I'll have someone check on it.
Probably via camel so I won't be holding my breath! :roll:

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Nov 6th 2002, 6:58 pm

At least they are responding, I can't get anyone to respond to any of the emails I sent.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Nov 6th 2002, 9:22 pm

Ross Rojek wrote:We will be shipping all the international orders next. We will be shipping them with tracking numbers. As for your specific order I'll have someone check on it.
God knows what does that "next" mean? Next month? Next year?
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!