AU DVD Arrived! Here's a picture.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GreatAlfredini
Frozen Embryo

AU DVD Arrived! Here's a picture.

Post by GreatAlfredini » Nov 6th 2002, 12:27 am

Yes I need to check my bank statements and ideally the extra DVD and the lunchbox will arrive.

In the meantime, I'm sharing a picture with everyone of what it all looks like!

bluemmsrule
Tino

WOW

Post by bluemmsrule » Nov 6th 2002, 12:33 am

wow

You are unbelievably lucky. How did you get it so quickly?
I haven't even got my tracking number yet. I hope they ship in order of how we ordered because I ordered the first day in Feb. I am so excited! :D

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

did you get an email?

Post by kappster » Nov 6th 2002, 12:38 am

Yeah man...did you get a shipping email first or did your set just show up? You did order through AU, right?

GreatAlfredini
Frozen Embryo

Re: did you get an email?

Post by GreatAlfredini » Nov 6th 2002, 12:49 am

kappster wrote:Yeah man...did you get a shipping email first or did your set just show up? You did order through AU, right?
bluemmsrule, I *feel* lucky. Who would have imagined, back in the olde days from 94, that this would happen?

Kappster, the last three emails went like this:

10/21 - At Long Last, My So-Called LIfe Will be Shipping

10/28 - They say, "Shipping this week, lunchbox in December"

11/05 - Tracking # email and actual DVDs arrive same day

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 6th 2002, 12:51 am

You live in Cali, right? You may be right around the corner from their delivery site.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

ultimatefan
Frozen Embryo

Post by ultimatefan » Nov 6th 2002, 1:50 am

CONGRATULATIONS! I have been watching this forum for months and I have been waiting for someone to post this exact topic! The set looks awesome. I'm glad I didn't cancel. :shock:
"If we all did what was in our hearts, the world would grind to a halt."

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Krakolano » Nov 6th 2002, 4:03 am

IT EXISTS!!!

HALLELUIAH!!!

and it ARRIVED somewhere too...

oh this is just too much....thank God...thank God...
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Krakolano » Nov 6th 2002, 4:05 am

i am considering adopting that photo as my new desktop image...i'm so happy...
"i don't believe in making plans...whatever happens... happens."

-- Krak

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Nov 6th 2002, 6:54 am

how funny is it that I live in NY (the place where ross picked the dvd's up) and now I have to wait a week for those damned things to come BACK across the country to get to me! I think my discs are logging some serious mileage.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 6th 2002, 8:17 am

Great Alfredini,

I am extremely pleased that you received your set. I am extremely envious of you. Perhaps, this nightmare is slowly coming to end?

Lance Man

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 6th 2002, 5:34 pm

Very cool indeed!!!!!
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Nov 7th 2002, 4:40 am

um, yeah, so i canceled and i got an email with my tracking number. i really do NOT want to have to deal with trying to send these suckers back. i will just lose the money on shipping i would've saved buying elsewhere... well, not all of it, but i still don't want to have to do this. it better not come. they're acting like i still have an order with them. i do not appreciate this at all. what the hell do i do??

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

mog
Liberty High Student

Post by mog » Nov 7th 2002, 3:38 pm

i know this is petty, and i have no room to complain because who really cares - we're getting the show on DVD

but....

does anyone else hate the packaging? i mean..... i wish it would have been in a book-like package, where you just flip it open (aka. Buffy)

ok, i'm done with my idiotic ill-conceived rant ;)

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 7th 2002, 4:03 pm

I like the packaging. (Even thought I haven't gotten the shipment yet ). It looks cool to me anyway. But ......to each his own and with respect to your comments I haven't seen the Buffy set. Maybe that would change my mind.
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 7th 2002, 4:04 pm

shadowkewl wrote:does anyone else hate the packaging? i mean..... i wish it would have been in a book-like package, where you just flip it open (aka. Buffy)
Wow, i thought i was the only one here that didnt like what ive seen so far. Now i do not have the discs yet, but judging by the pics so far of the set i am not that impressed with the overall look and feel of it.

I am a box slore, i love boxsets so i dont care about it being in a box, i like that better than a gatefold just because gatefolds get ruined easier. For instance the 24 set is a gatefold but it is pretty cheaply made. I dont htink it will last long through multiple openings and closings of the set.

What i dont like about the MSCL set is the overall design of the box, it could have been made a lot more interesting than it did (especially for the money being paid for this) And that one pic of the menu (i think in another thread) leaves a lot to be desired. The colors used seem weird and the font usage is bleh.

When it comes down to it though it is all about the content. And believe that is the most important aspect of any DVD, but far too often people forget about packaging when putting together a DVD. And this is a collectible set so this should have had even more care put to it.

Of course that is all IMHO. And maybe after i see the set in my own hands i might flip my stance on this issue.