Don't be afraid to cancel.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Don't be afraid to cancel.

Post by smackey » Nov 5th 2002, 7:16 pm

This is for credit card orderers sticking it out with AU for fear they'll never get a refund if they cancel. Dispute the charges with your credit card company! You never got the product and, as many on this board have proven, you can get a credit back from your credit card company.

If you're staying because you want the bonus disc or you're loyal to AU, great. I'm happy for you. But it really bothers me that people are sticking with AU against their will for fear of losing the discs and their money. There is recourse through your credit card company. And don't take a "no" answer from the first customer service rep you speak with as the final word. As people have reported, if you mail a detailed packet with copies of emails, credit card statements, lists of your communications with AU, etc., they should credit your account. You never received the merchandise as promised. That's the key. My charges were in March and August, and I'm in the process of being credited by Bank of America.

The DVDs are at AU now so I'm sure most customers will just stick it out now, but for anyone on the fence, don't be afraid to pursue a cancellation/refund. It does work.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Did you use visa or debit?

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 5th 2002, 11:11 pm

Hey there Smackey - just outta curiosity, did you use an actual Visa or a debit card (check card) with the Visa logo on it? 'Cause I bank with BofA too, and I really really tried to get reimbursed, but since I used a debit card, they said I only had 90 days to file complaint and I'm sol.:shock: I may try agian, so I'd love to hear more details, if you're actually getting $$ back. I paid in Feb. and April.

Please god, please god please god :cry: :x :shock:

Thanks.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 5th 2002, 11:45 pm

Mine was a debit card with a visa logo. The woman on the phone said it wasn't likely that I'd get my money back, but she would enter the claim. All I had to do was write out my version of the events, send that, along with all correspondence with AU to them, and within 2 weeks, I had my money back.

As long as it has the VISA logo, they can dispute it.

What the 90 days is: VISA legally has to dispute the claim if you file it. I'm assuming that after 90 days, they can dispute it if they wish, but they aren't legally required to do so.

Make sure that you STRESS that the item was supposed to ship Sept 17, so its still within 90 days.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Did you use visa or debit?

Post by smackey » Nov 6th 2002, 12:06 am

Ricky Love wrote:Hey there Smackey - just outta curiosity, did you use an actual Visa or a debit card (check card) with the Visa logo on it?
Actually I used a Bank of America Mastercard (a credit card... not a debit card). But judging from Andrewgd's post above, the same should hold true for either credit or debit. So yeah, I'd definitely press the issue with them. Fax them the email stating the Sept. 17 delivery date. I had also cancelled with AU, and included in my documentation the copy of an email from Ross acknowledging my cancellation. I also sent a cancellation letter via USPS as a certified letter, and included in my paperwork a copy of the signed return receipt card (signed by Thomas) indicating they had received my cancellation and had failed to refund my money. So you can really combat the charges two ways (1. they didn't send you the product; 2. they won't give you a refund). I'm not sure which argument worked for the bank.

Good luck!

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Yo andrewgd! Do you have...

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 6th 2002, 5:29 pm

...a copy of the email stating that delivery date is 9/17?? I can't find mine. Please forward, if you have it, to kingcosta@earthlink.net.

Thanks very much! :)
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Denie
Between Names

Re: Yo andrewgd! Do you have...

Post by Denie » Nov 6th 2002, 6:21 pm

Ricky Love wrote:...a copy of the email stating that delivery date is 9/17?? I can't find mine. Please forward, if you have it, to kingcosta@earthlink.net.

Thanks very much! :)
I have that e-mail. Do you still need it?
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

9/17 email

Post by smackey » Nov 6th 2002, 6:24 pm

Someone posted its contents (email headers included) in this post in an earlier thread. Hope that helps.

Denie
Between Names

Re: 9/17 email

Post by Denie » Nov 6th 2002, 6:32 pm

smackey wrote:Someone posted its contents (email headers included) in this post in an earlier thread. Hope that helps.
That someone would be me. But if you need/want the html version, I'd be happy to forward it.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Denie, YES PLEASE...

Post by Rickie Love » Nov 6th 2002, 8:26 pm

do forward that to me if you would - every little bit helps - and thank you very much! :)