ross's number

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Yikes!

Post by Jason R » Nov 5th 2002, 9:50 pm

I didn't comment on how it affects orders, and rather than trying to explain the situation I just posted the email I received.
misheebel wrote:The impending news in this saga concerns me as one of the people who hasn't cancelled their order. By the time I found out about all of the problems and false promises, I didn't bother cancelling because I figured it was too late and I would have been out of not only my money, but the discs as well. Jason, I know you can't really disclose much as you've explained earlier but can you tell us if those of us who haven't cancelled their order will be negatively affected by this?

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Nov 5th 2002, 10:07 pm

fnordboy wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:If 1000 sets have already shipped, where are the e-mail confirmations? Or does UPS send those?

Suggestion for whistle blower(s): Document EVERYTHING. A few anonymous e-mails and posts probably won't cut it.
Nos, that would be AU's responsibility (do those two words even go together? :lol: )
Um, yes and no. I believe that UPS has a means to send out the tracking emails automatically, but AU has to enter in our email address when making out the ups shipping labels. If AU had done this (ass they promised they would), then at least some of you would have received the emails by now.

I currently debating whether I should post a primer on how to send email and post to this forum anonymously (for clyde). I'm not entirely convinced yet that "clyde" is a real whistleblower and thus worth the effort.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 5th 2002, 10:50 pm

I still have hope that everyone will at least get the money back that was
stolen, and anyone who ordered a DVD will receive it.
I can't help but keep read that sentence again and again. [shakes head. big sigh] I have had my suspicions for a while, yet my brain still doesn't want to accept what I'm reading. :shock: I don't know what to think anymore. :?

On the plus side (I'm a "the glass is half full" kinda gal), who needs soap operas or evening dramas now? Just come here, sit back, and watch! Drama...comedy...conspiracy theories...all in one! Anyone got some popcorn?
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 12:09 am

The positive thing about the email is that it indicates that the DVDs are on their way. The rest of the email isn't as promising.
Denie wrote:
I still have hope that everyone will at least get the money back that was
stolen, and anyone who ordered a DVD will receive it.
I can't help but keep read that sentence again and again. [shakes head. big sigh] I have had my suspicions for a while, yet my brain still doesn't want to accept what I'm reading. :shock: I don't know what to think anymore. :?

On the plus side (I'm a "the glass is half full" kinda gal), who needs soap operas or evening dramas now? Just come here, sit back, and watch! Drama...comedy...conspiracy theories...all in one! Anyone got some popcorn?

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 6th 2002, 2:31 am

Denie wrote:On the plus side (I'm a "the glass is half full" kinda gal), who needs soap operas or evening dramas now? Just come here, sit back, and watch! Drama...comedy...conspiracy theories...all in one! Anyone got some popcorn?
Rayanne wrote:Are you kidding?...

...This is fun! Everyone running around all upset and rumors flying. Can't you feel it in your fingers and your toes? It's like being alive. It is such a rush!
Rayanne always knows what to say! :P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

justjill
Tino

Post by justjill » Nov 6th 2002, 2:53 am

Jason,

I'm a little confused (nothing new in this whole fiasco!) Before you posted the e-mail from Clyde I thought you alluded to the fact that Thomas & Wade's sudden disappearance from AU could somehow be good news for customers still awaiting refunds.

After reading his letter to you though, I didn't really get any positive sense that money was going to be refunded in the near future, nor did I see how Thomas & Wade's absence could be viewed as good news to customers.

Although I haven't posted very often, I've read this site daily over the past several months, but I feel like I'm missing something here...

kappster
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kappster » Nov 6th 2002, 4:05 am

justjill wrote: Although I haven't posted very often, I've read this site daily over the past several months, but I feel like I'm missing something here...
Yes, I would have to agree...I am not so sure that I had that Eureka! moment when I read that email. What was the good news again? Evidently I am still a bit dense despite higher education. Could someone please point out to us slower folks what was so telling in that email and how it is going to benefit me? Please, no more cryptic messages. My brain does not process them well.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 8:02 am

The good news is that the dvds are shipping.

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Nov 6th 2002, 9:42 am

When can you tell us what's going on?

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:The good news is that the dvds are shipping.
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 10:05 am

I got an email, purportedly from an AU employee. (the IP checked out). I decided to post it here. Not sure what it means, but I recommend reading it.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 6th 2002, 10:09 am

obviously not (yet) to international customers

and Jason, I wouldn't mind if AU/RR go down soon. But right now would be the wrong moment IMHO. I want the DVDs and I also want the extras. I mean I paid almost 100$, some paid 115$, and other retailers sell it for less than 50$.

I don't say that the end justifies the means. Absolutely not. Only that retaliation could take place a few weeks later. Nobody here would mind to see Ross going to jail :evil:
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 10:21 am

I agree that a few weeks would be advantageous to those waiting for their DVDs.
mephisto wrote:
obviously not (yet) to international customers

and Jason, I wouldn't mind if AU/RR go down soon. But right now would be the wrong moment IMHO. I want the DVDs and I also want the extras. I mean I paid almost 100$, some paid 115$, and other retailers sell it for less than 50$.

I don't say that the end justifies the means. Absolutely not. Only that retaliation could take place a few weeks later. Nobody here would mind to see Ross going to jail :evil:

justjill
Tino

Post by justjill » Nov 6th 2002, 1:19 pm

Sorry, but I'm still not seeing the supposed good news in Clyde's post. Yesterday you said:

[quote="Jason Rosenfeld"]It has nothing to do with shipping. I am hopeful that you will get your DVDs. I just may have some very good developments on the double bill issues. Don't want to post as teaser, but don't want to leave you in the dark either. You will have to trust me on this one.

But today you say that "the good news is that the DVD's are shipping." I got my hopes up slightly yesterday that as one of the double-charged masses that I may finally be seeing the light of day on my refunds because of some confidential information you had received from Clyde. But after reading Clyde's letter to you, I don't feel much better. He says he hopes the customers who have had their money STOLEN get it back, but then he says that he's not sure about his position as a possible "whistle-blower" because it could cause complications for him.

Not trying to be contrary, but is the "good news" the fact that the DVD's are shipping (which we already know from several fans posting their photos & tracking #'s here) or do you know something more concrete about the double-billing situation other than an employee hinting to you in an e-mail. To me, that's not exactly promising after all these months. I filled out a dispute form with my bank 2 weeks ago and they still in the middle of their investigation, but I sometimes wonder if I am ever going to see that money back again...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 1:26 pm

Read his email to me. Sorry I cannot be more specific. However, I am not keeping anything from you. To make sure nobody told me I was stringing them along, I simply posted the entire email.

Read his email to me, and see why this might be beneficial to those who were doublebilled.

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leslie » Nov 6th 2002, 1:38 pm

I could be way off base, but I think what Jason is trying to imply here is that double billed customers may be able to use this e-mail as part of their dispute package.....that this e-mail coming from an employee of AU shows that AU is definitely aware of the double bill problem and it hints at the fact that the double bills might have been intentional.