ross's number

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
lloyddoblerfan
Frozen Embryo

ross's number

Post by lloyddoblerfan » Nov 5th 2002, 5:05 pm

anyone have ross's direct number? i tried to cancel my order...have not got my damn credit yet and have no dvd...i would like to speak to someone on the phone...888 5comics just rings and rings...someone please help...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: ross's number

Post by Jason R » Nov 5th 2002, 5:23 pm

write to him directly at ross@comicshop.net

threaten to report to attorney general, ifcc, and if no response, follow through on your threat.
lloyddoblerfan wrote:anyone have ross's direct number? i tried to cancel my order...have not got my damn credit yet and have no dvd...i would like to speak to someone on the phone...888 5comics just rings and rings...someone please help...

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Nov 5th 2002, 5:26 pm

lloyddoblerfan wrote:anyone have ross's direct number? i tried to cancel my order...have not got my damn credit yet and have no dvd...i would like to speak to someone on the phone...888 5comics just rings and rings...someone please help...
THis reminds me of the following:
Brainysmurf wrote on Nov 4th wrote: I really wanted to meet Wade or Thomas, but Ross has given them some time off...
Nobody in their right mind gives employees time off when you're shipping out alot of product. This is the type of menial labor employees were bred for :)

Since nobody is answering the phone today, one must wonder if they've been fired (or maybe their paychecks bounced).

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 5th 2002, 5:39 pm

There is a lot more here going on than meets the eye. I am not at liberty to speak about it right now.

The customer service reps are not helping to ship product and they are not at work. I know what happened, but I promised I would be quiet.

In any case, this might turn out to be a great day for the screwed customers, and a very bad day for AU.com.

Sammy Jankis
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Sammy Jankis » Nov 5th 2002, 5:44 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:There is a lot more here going on than meets the eye. I am not at liberty to speak about it right now.

The customer service reps are not helping to ship product and they are not at work. I know what happened, but I promised I would be quiet.

In any case, this might turn out to be a great day for the screwed customers, and a very bad day for AU.com.
Are the serfs storming the castle gates?

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Nov 5th 2002, 5:47 pm

Ooh ooh ooh! When do we get to know what happened??? Who is holding down the fort if nobody is there? How are they shipping the items...geeze, so many questions, so little patience on my part. No matter. I guess this sounds good, so I can wait a little while for good news.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 5th 2002, 6:05 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:There is a lot more here going on than meets the eye. I am not at liberty to speak about it right now.

actually I don't know if that is good or bad. If AU goes down now, our money is away and will never get the DVDs or the extras. On the other hand you say it might be good for customers....

I guess we just have to wait and see
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 5th 2002, 6:18 pm

I disagree, mephisto. the end does not justify the means. and I would have to ask my self at what cost are we getting the extra items?

i will post more about this when I can.
mephisto wrote:

actually I don't know if that is good or bad. If AU goes down now, our money is away and will never get the DVDs or the extras. On the other hand you say it might be good for customers....

I guess we just have to wait and see

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 5th 2002, 6:37 pm

i hope you are able to tell us what is going on sometime soon, jason

for the rest of us, i have three guesses just for fun.

1) cust service reps were subpoenaed to testify in front of a grand jury investigating au.com (i wish!)

2) cust service reps have grown sick of being told to do evil things and have gone to the feds on their own (again, i wish!)

3) cust service reps last paycheck bounced and they're outta there (seems possible given past history)

i don't honestly think any of these are true, but what a story 1) or 2) would make! and besides, what federal agency could resist investigating au.com after seeing mephisto's artwork?

tridentdps
Tino

Hint

Post by tridentdps » Nov 5th 2002, 6:40 pm

Jason -

Cal you at least let us know if today's turn of events will result in probable delayed shipping? Or at least, can you provide a "FURY" factor (say 1 - 10 with 1 being a mild annoyance and 10 being revved up to 10,000 RPM) for those of us still expecting the shipments that are now in the warehouse? Thanks!

AJ

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 5th 2002, 6:40 pm

You know, Jason, it really blows when you post something like that. "I have a really good secret that affects you, but I can't tell you yet". I appreciate the fact that you want to inform us about what is going on, but if you can't say what it is yet, I'd rather you just keep quiet until you can. :(
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 5th 2002, 6:48 pm

It has nothing to do with shipping. I am hopeful that you will get your DVDs. I just may have some very good developments on the double bill issues. Don't want to post as teaser, but don't want to leave you in the dark either. You will have to trust me on this one.
Megs wrote:You know, Jason, it really blows when you post something like that. "I have a really good secret that affects you, but I can't tell you yet". I appreciate the fact that you want to inform us about what is going on, but if you can't say what it is yet, I'd rather you just keep quiet until you can. :(

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 5th 2002, 6:49 pm

before Jason said anything, i thought it was weird that cust service reps weren't working during shipment... au.com was supposed to be pulling people out of the woodwork to get this thing shipped. he just confirmed that yes, it is weird and for a reason that will become apparent

tengrand
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tengrand » Nov 5th 2002, 6:51 pm

But I see you made no promises about inneundo...

Thanks for sharing this with us Jason. This non-information ("There is a lot more here going on") is extremely useful.

Believe me, I know why you are bent. It sounds like you got royally screwed by AU. We all have to some degree. But I am not about to cancel with AU and pray that I get a refund - I simply don't think it will happen. AU has my money, and now they have my discs. At this point, I would simply like to receive the product I paid for. I am not interested in making a moral stand, chaining myself to the front entry of AU, contacting the AG or whatever otehr recourse you have advocated. I just want my disks. The ends don't justify the means you say?? Jason, the means are irrelevant to me. I JUST WANT MY DISKS.

Do you remember I IM'd you once asking the status of the DVDs?

Your resposne was that you are essentially out of the loop, and you can't speak to the matter. Thats fine. We AU customers have enough to stress about.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 5th 2002, 7:03 pm

I did not mean to share non-information. I was addressing the fact that the customer service reps are not on vacation and they are not at work and I also have been informed that there are only about 3 people working in the warehouse despite earlier mentions that all employees and their families would be utilized.

I have also been informed that roughly 1,000 dvd sets were mailed yesterday.

I have a lot of information filtering in. When I confirm it, I will post it. But the fact that I have been receiving the information is, in itself, newsworthy. Especially since nobody seems to be able to get any reliable information.

So no apologies for posting what I have confirmed and holding on to what I have not.