Shipping E-mail

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
RichD
Tino

Post by RichD » Nov 6th 2002, 1:16 pm

FWIW - I got the shipping e-mail and UPS tracking number. I'm on the east coast, so I'm sure it'll take UPS the better part of four years to get it to me. :lol:

But a tracking number is something at least.

I was among those who did not cancel their AU order on account of how much a PITA it would have been to chase down a refund. I'm sick of trying to contact those people from all the earlier problems I had with them on this DVD set (overbilling, two deposit charges, etc.).

Here's to hoping that when all's said and done, we'll get the DVDs, the lunchbox AND the freebies that Ross mentioned.

~ Rich

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Nov 6th 2002, 1:27 pm

SWEET! I just got the e-mail with my tracking number. Could this be real? Can I finally let myself be excited?? I can NOT wait to get that package. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

neal
Jody Barsh

Post by neal » Nov 6th 2002, 1:28 pm

Rich,

I agree, its great news about the tracking number even though it is gonna take some time to get to the East Coast. Who uses GROUND shipping anyway? Apparently AU.com.

When i checked my status on the UPS website I found it funny that it said "BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED". If they only knew.
No one should hate... who they are.

RichD
Tino

Post by RichD » Nov 6th 2002, 1:34 pm

neal wrote:Rich,

I agree, its great news about the tracking number even though it is gonna take some time to get to the East Coast. Who uses GROUND shipping anyway? Apparently AU.com
Neal - no kidding! When I order things online from other e-tailers, I make darned sure NOT to get ground shipping on most things (unless I know the place is in PA or NJ), as not only does it take a ridiculously long time, but oftentimes the speedier alternatives are not that much more money.

~ Rich

neal
Jody Barsh

GROUND UPS...

Post by neal » Nov 6th 2002, 1:55 pm

Rich,

Yeah, its just another way that AU.com has messed with us. They gave us FREE shipping, but its basically the worst and slowest type that you can get from UPS. AMAZON has a free shipping thing also that works the same way, but nobody ever uses it because they can pay like $5 - $10 more to get it in 2 days.

Those jerks.

PS - its fun to complain now knowing that I can't do a thing about it, but at least I'm getting the stuff.
No one should hate... who they are.

K-man
Liberty High Graduate

Post by K-man » Nov 6th 2002, 2:12 pm

WELL COLOR ME SURPRISED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading the posts here and I decided to check my e-mail and sure enough....there was the message. UPS tracking# and all :) . Can this be real???? Who else is excited???
Daddy sold the farm and they've killed my trees. K-man

just-likeKrakow
Overlooked Sibling

Post by just-likeKrakow » Nov 6th 2002, 2:24 pm

K-man wrote:WELL COLOR ME SURPRISED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was reading the posts here and I decided to check my e-mail and sure enough....there was the message. UPS tracking# and all :) . Can this be real???? Who else is excited???
i am this excited... :shock:
when i actually get the DVD's my head will probably explode, i've been waiting so long.
\"She asked me if I could come over tonight and explain congruent triangles to her.\"

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

USPS Orders?

Post by Benebula98 » Nov 6th 2002, 3:15 pm

Hey!
I still haven't received my email, but my order is being sent to my PO box so it is going to be shipped via USPS and not UPS. Wonder if that makes any difference....
*BEN*

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re: USPS Orders?

Post by fnordboy » Nov 6th 2002, 3:21 pm

Benebula98 wrote:Hey!
I still haven't received my email, but my order is being sent to my PO box so it is going to be shipped via USPS and not UPS. Wonder if that makes any difference....
*BEN*
Hopefully they didnt skimp and go for media mail. That could take up to 2 weeks to get to you.

Media mail is so sketchy. Ive had stuff sent to me media that has gotten to me in 2 or 3 days and other times about a 2 week wait. But since AU is shipping "free" then i am sure they went Media mail if they are forced to USPS, which they are if its a PO Box.

Benebula98
Liberty High Student

Post by Benebula98 » Nov 6th 2002, 4:07 pm

Hey,
There has been so much....."stuff" to weed through that I couldn't possibly find the scrap I am looking for, but I thought at some point I read airmail? Also I know USPS is not like UPS, but there are abilities to track packages via tracking number. I guess I will just wait and see.....
*BEN*

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Nov 6th 2002, 4:18 pm

Benebula98 wrote:Also I know USPS is not like UPS, but there are abilities to track packages via tracking number. I guess I will just wait and see.....
*BEN*
Yeah but they have to pay extra for that. Which knowing AU chances are they wont. If they are smart they would though.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Nov 6th 2002, 5:28 pm

Just-like Krakow wrote:
i am this excited... icon_eek.gif
when i actually get the DVD's my head will probably explode, i've been waiting so long.
LOL I hope you get your DVDs really soon :D

Lance Man

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Nov 6th 2002, 7:03 pm

No email yet. Grr. Arrgh. And to make it worse, a friend who ordered his OVER A MONTH after me, and who lives right around the corner from me, got his email today.

Now, when I spoke to Wade a week ago, he confirmed my order, changed my email address, blah blah blah, so I find it even more annoying that I've gotten nothing so far... :evil:

Khatt
Jody Barsh

Post by Khatt » Nov 7th 2002, 7:44 pm

no email here either...
"If dreams are like movies, then memories are films about ghosts."