Shipping E-mail

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
starseuss
Frozen Embryo

Shipping E-mail

Post by starseuss » Nov 5th 2002, 1:56 pm

I'm just intensely curious on this one and want to know if ANYONE received an e-mail stating that their discs are shipping.

Megs
Lifehead

Re: Shipping E-mail

Post by Megs » Nov 5th 2002, 3:00 pm

starseuss wrote:I'm just intensely curious on this one and want to know if ANYONE received an e-mail stating that their discs are shipping.
Not yet. But I am waiting. Patiently. :roll:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 5th 2002, 4:57 pm

Not here, either.

I'm not familiar with tracking numbers; if I get one in the e-mail, how do I use it?
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Nov 5th 2002, 5:18 pm

Nostradamus wrote:Not here, either.

I'm not familiar with tracking numbers; if I get one in the e-mail, how do I use it?
I believe the last statement here is that Ross is shipping UPS. So, you just enter the tracking number here:

http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

and it will spit out the tracking history of that package.

It's a similar procedure for other carriers.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Nov 5th 2002, 8:11 pm

phelix wrote:
Nostradamus wrote:Not here, either.

I believe the last statement here is that Ross is shipping UPS. So, you just enter the tracking number here:

http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

and it will spit out the tracking history of that package.

It's a similar procedure for other carriers.
Ah, thanks, that's easier than I thought.
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Shlugen
Tino

Post by Shlugen » Nov 6th 2002, 1:19 am

Just when I had lost all hope, I checked my email this evening and *DING* there it was. "Another Universe has begun shipping the My So-Called Life Boxed Sets. The lunchbox, bonus disk and any other merchandise being sent to you will ship separately. Thank you for your order and patience and we hope you enjoy the series." I'm not sure I believe the bit about receiving the other items later on. And I'm also not going to be lulled into a false sense of hope just because there was a tracking number included in the email. I won't be completely satisfied until I'm planted on my couch, remote in hand, watching all 19 episodes of this show. But...here's hoping! :D :D :D
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?

neal
Jody Barsh

email from AU.com...

Post by neal » Nov 6th 2002, 1:33 am

A bunch of people have reported getting an email with a tracking number from AU.com including me in this thread...

http://www.mscl.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1546
No one should hate... who they are.

just-likeKrakow
Overlooked Sibling

tracking number received!

Post by just-likeKrakow » Nov 6th 2002, 9:06 am

yes! i can't believe it...but i got an email with a tracking number. I won't truely believe until the DVD's are in my grubby little hands though.

i pretty muched kissed my money goodbye..but maybe i will receive what i ordered....we'll see.
\"She asked me if I could come over tonight and explain congruent triangles to her.\"

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: tracking number received!

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 9:20 am

Once you have a tracking number you should be in very good shape. That means that your DVDs are no longer in AUs hands.

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Nov 6th 2002, 11:22 am

so...what exactly does it mean if I didn't get an email? Is there even any way to tell? BLAH. :x

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 11:27 am

It should mean that your order was not processed. I guess. No clue really.
StrawberryGirl wrote:so...what exactly does it mean if I didn't get an email? Is there even any way to tell? BLAH. :x

StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

Post by StrawberryGirl » Nov 6th 2002, 11:34 am

Not processed as in- EVER? Or just not processed for shipping in this round? I know that no one really knows- but good hell- I'm so close! grrrrrr.

Who else here HASN'T gotten the shipping email? And if not, have you been getting the other AU emails? I've gotten all the others, just not this one.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 6th 2002, 11:36 am

You should get it. I don't know why you didn't. I know it will take them most of this week to get them all sent out. I don't exactly call them for updates.
StrawberryGirl wrote:Not processed as in- EVER? Or just not processed for shipping in this round? I know that no one really knows- but good hell- I'm so close! grrrrrr.

Who else here HASN'T gotten the shipping email? And if not, have you been getting the other AU emails? I've gotten all the others, just not this one.

psinormal
Frozen Embryo

Post by psinormal » Nov 6th 2002, 1:05 pm

I didn't get the update email from last week, but as of about 10 minutes ago I just got the shipping email. Whether this is related or not, I did email Ross last night (at the email addy given in one of the other threads) giving him my order number and other information asking why I hadn't heard anything. Jason is the only one I've ever had any kind of contact with on any of this.

Also, whether it matters or not, I was a paypal payer (on 2/18 even), so maybe they are going in batches of how you paid?
StrawberryGirl wrote:Who else here HASN'T gotten the shipping email? And if not, have you been getting the other AU emails? I've gotten all the others, just not this one.

starseuss
Frozen Embryo

Post by starseuss » Nov 6th 2002, 1:08 pm

did any of you who received a shipping e-mail have to un-cancel your order? I did and I was wondering if that's what was taking so long.