I spoke with Ross on the phone ! News about the DVDs !

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

I spoke with Ross on the phone ! News about the DVDs !

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 4th 2002, 4:56 pm

Here is the status, from Ross directly :

- Yesterday, the DVD were unloaded from the truck, and people started to put them in the boxes.

- Today is the first day real work actually occured.

From what I understood, here is the chain of work, each station independant of all the others ( but of course, some must be available ) :

1 - Fill boxes with the DVDs Half of the DVDs are already in boxes
2 - Label the boxes with the Addresses, making sure they are not from people in the cancellation cue. around 1000 DVD already have Labels
3 - Fill the computer with the tracking code. It is unknown how many are in this stage by Ross. He doesn't think many are there yet.
4 - Pick the completed labels and fill the truck. No DVD are in the truck yet.
5 - Drive the truck to the drop point. No DVD are there yet.
6 - Unload the truck at the drop point and give the boxes to the reception.

Everybody is concentrating for now on item 2.
A little later today, they will do a rush of item 3.

4 shouldn't take too long, but the problem is that item 5 and 6 depend on outside variables :

Traffic, speed of the drop point employees, etc...

If they ship too soon, it means less boxes out today. If they ship too late, it might mean they will miss the deadline.

( please note that I am the person who divided the steps from what I understood from Ross. Any mistakes are from my part : Ross was on his cell phone, in the warehouse and there was a lot of noise. )

I will not get more news today personally...

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 4th 2002, 4:58 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to say that at some point today everyone who was shipped should receive a e-mail with a tracking number

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Nov 4th 2002, 5:52 pm

I am confused (Oh and I am not trying to attack you Pierre) but why does Ross have the time to contact Pierre, who is just a customer, and no time at all to send out a mass email to the rest of the customers so everyone else is informed. Luckily I do not consider myself one of his customers anymore, I purchased my set at amazon, but it would be nice for everyone if Ross would post on this site again. After all I remember when he said this site would be the official outlet for information from Ross about the DVD's.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 4th 2002, 6:00 pm

I too am confused at how Ross is able to communicate with ONE customer and yet his company can't send out emails with news. The only answer I can come up with is that talking to a customer doesn't provide physical proof that he is making statements.

I'm also sure there is room for a 4a, which would be employee and DVDs abducted by aliens, them shipping empty boxes, or some other foul up on par with the rest of this debacle.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 4th 2002, 6:02 pm

Take any statements with a grain of salt.

Jason

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 4th 2002, 6:45 pm

Ross didn't call me...

I called him.

As for the grain of salt Jason, I hope you are implying to take with a grain of salt what Ross told me, and not what I am saying...

Indeed, what Ross told me must be taken with a grain of salt, as always...

But I reported what he told me, which is more then what he said on the board.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Nov 4th 2002, 7:09 pm

I'm am sure no one is doubting what you were told. We just don't believe the person who told it to you.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 4th 2002, 7:14 pm

Martin, I wasn't doubting you.

Look, when I passed along the messages from AU.com, I was essentially selling their lies for them, albeit unwittingly. I'd be very hypocritical if I held anybody else to a different standard.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Nov 4th 2002, 7:44 pm

MartinPierre wrote:Ross didn't call me...

I called him.
How did you get his direct number? I'm assuming you didn't reach him by calling AU's 888 #. Do I have any chance of talking you into posting that number here? :wink:
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 4th 2002, 8:13 pm

I will not post his Cell phone number anywhere.

I got it because a few weeks ago, when I was the only person still saying that it MIGHT be possible that AU would deliver the DVDs and I posted my 7 (?) questions to Ross, he had replied to me in private.

I then gave him my phone number at home to ask him to call me so we can have a more direct line.

He left a message to my wife, giving away his cell phone number.

We then spoke about the DVDs, and I called him again today.

That the story...

Tracy
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Tracy » Nov 4th 2002, 8:26 pm

Well has anyone received an email with tracking info yet? I am still supposed to get the DVDs from AU, and haven't heard anything from them about tracking yet. Not that I expected them to have shipped mine yet, but MartinPierre seemed to imply that some people's DVDs were going to go out today, so I was curious if anyone has heard from AU.

And what deadline were you referring to AU possibly missing, Martin?

neal
Jody Barsh

Post by neal » Nov 4th 2002, 8:52 pm

Tracy wrote:Well has anyone received an email with tracking info yet? I am still supposed to get the DVDs from AU, and haven't heard anything from them about tracking yet. Not that I expected them to have shipped mine yet, but MartinPierre seemed to imply that some people's DVDs were going to go out today, so I was curious if anyone has heard from AU.
As of 7:46pm ET I have NOT received my tracking info. Bummer.
No one should hate... who they are.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Best of Luck

Post by lance » Nov 4th 2002, 9:03 pm

MartinPierre,

I am glad that Ross has seen fit to communicate with you. I truly hope that you get everything that you ordered and were promised to recieive as compensation for all or your patience.

I wish Ross would communicate with the rest of those who still have either orders pending, refunds pending or both. I have no reason to doubt you or think badly of you. I do wonder if Ross is playing you (Cate and others) off against the rest of the more vocal, perhaps critical AU customers. What do you think?

Lance Man

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Nov 4th 2002, 9:17 pm

MartinPierre wrote:I will not post his Cell phone number anywhere.
Martin -

Good call. (applause) I also have all those numbers--home and cel and such--but posting them live does more than exceed bad taste, no matter how frustrated we are; it also would put you in a legal pickle barrel.

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 4th 2002, 10:04 pm

For the good call : thanks !

I never give any phone number. I instead ask for a call back and give that to the person ( in other word, if you want me to connect you to Ross, I can only give YOUR phone number to Ross, never his to you. It is my policy 100% of the time, not just in this case ).

For the "Ross might be playing me". I am well aware of that. But what can I do ?

We'll know soon enough if he is playing once more...

I tend to believe he is backed to a wall, so he is better to play honest, but that's not MY choice.

I report the news, I try to ask a zillion questions to him and I try to keep the communication channels opened between him and I, and between you guys and I.

I would prefer a channel between you and him, but it doesn't appear possible.

So I do what I can to help your cause ( because after all, I want my DVDs too !!! )