INTERNET FRAUD COMPLAINT CENTER

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Dec 12th 2002, 4:58 pm

candygirl wrote:In addition to the BBB and IFCC, here are some other agencies you can contact...
thank you pet :wink:
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Todd B.
Tino

Post by Todd B. » Jun 7th 2003, 3:14 am

Well, at Jason's suggestion in his recent e-mail, I finally filed an IFCC fraud report about not receiving my lunchbox and bonus disc. During the complaint process, they ask for a history of contact regarding the transaction. I figured I would post what I wrote in there so it would maybe save some people some time. Most of the contacts I reference were mass e-mails that AU sent out to everyone who ordered.

---------------

On 2/22/02, I visited anotheruniverse.com and pre-ordered 2 copies of the MSCL DVD Limited Edition box set. This includes a DVD set, lunchbox, and bonus disc.

On 2/26/02, my credit card was charged $40.00 for a pre-order charge.

On 3/26/02, I received an e-mail saying that they needed to charge my credit card the remainder of the balance in order to complete my pre-order. They also stated that the expected shipping date was 6/18/02.

On 4/4/02, my credit card was charged the remaining balance of $149.96.

On 6/10/02, I received an e-mail saying that they could not meet the 6/18/02 ship date, but that they were close to having it all ready to ship.

On 9/6/02, I received an e-mail saying that the DVD set would be done in a week and ship immediately upon arrival in the warehouse. The Lunchbox and bonus disc were delayed and would ship in early October in the best case.

On 10/21/02, I received an e-mail saying that the DVD set would start shipping out no later than 11/4/02. They also said that they would e-mail us as soon as they have a definitive date for the lunchbox and bonus disc and that they would also be including other bonus materials as an apology for the delays.

On 10/29/02, I received an e-mail saying they were still on track to ship the DVD set that week. Also, they said they expect to ship the Lunchbox and bonus disk in early December.

On 12/15/02, I received the DVD set in the mail via USPS.

On 1/31/03, I received an e-mail indicating a change in ownership of Another Universe. They also reconfirmed their commitment to ship the lunchboxes and bonus discs "as soon as they arrive."

On 4/21/03, I sent an e-mail inquiry to Customer Service asking for information on when I could expect to receive the lunchbox and bonus disc. I received a response that they had no new updates and as soon as they had new information they would pass it along.

To date, I still have not received the lunchboxes or bonus discs.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Jun 7th 2003, 9:59 am

Todd B,

Thanks for filing an IFCC fraud report. Every little bit helps.

:D

Best,

Lance Man

emsef
Tino

Post by emsef » Jun 24th 2003, 10:16 am

I added a complaint just now, but unfortunately I had not visited this forum so didn't add the cross reference number. I have also signed the iPetition.

I detailed all the emails I had received like so:
My So Called Complaint wrote: I have emails for all these!

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 - Pre-ordered.
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 - payment confirmed.
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 - Production update, everything "fine"
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 - Shipping address change resubmitted, lost due to "computer error"
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 - Shipping address change confirmed
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 - Shipping rollout confirmed
(Fri, 25 Oct 2002 - AU.com no longer the sole distributor of the boxed set)
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 - Announcement that orders are still being processed.

Fri, 31 Jan 2003 - Notified of changes at Another Universe
"We are sorry for the delays on getting the remainder of your product to you. But they are on their way and our pririty will be to get them to you as soon as we can."

That is it. Still nothing.
I also found the Au.com contact details on a Google cache of their site:
AnotherUniverse.com wrote:Call us Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30pm PT
US & International Customers: (916) 455-5182
Fax us at (916) 451-7063

Write to us at:
AnotherUniverse.com
7975 Ramona Ave Suite B
Sacramento, California 95826
I hope this helps us all!
matt