INTERNET FRAUD COMPLAINT CENTER

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

INTERNET FRAUD COMPLAINT CENTER

Post by Jason R » Nov 3rd 2002, 10:34 pm

If you submitted a double bill correction request or a cancellation request more than 2 weeks ago, and you have not yet received a refund, please take a few moments to report an official complaint with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center.

In the body of your complaint, please include a cross-reference to this complaint number:

I02101510303033

The IFCCFBI is a joint partnership of the FBI and the National
White Collar Crime Center, and the FBI recommended that I forward customers to them so that they can forward our complaints to the appropriate investigative agencies for action.

Jason Rosenfeld

mkourdi
Tino

Post by mkourdi » Nov 4th 2002, 2:08 pm

is it just for American customers or can overseas customers can file the complaint?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 4th 2002, 2:10 pm

Not sure how that would work, although if someone is alleging fraud, it would have occured on US soil. Kind of like if a person from abroad is mugged in the US. US officials would still be involved.

Disclaimer: I am not alleging fraud. That is for a trier of fact to decide. I am, however, alleging suspiciously horrendous customer service.
mkourdi wrote:is it just for American customers or can overseas customers can fill the complaint?

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 4th 2002, 2:16 pm

mkourdi wrote:is it just for American customers or can overseas customers can file the complaint?
I'm from Europe and filed a complaint too - in the form there is a field to indicate your country, so I guess they also look into complaints by non-US citizens
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Richie
Tino

Post by Richie » Nov 5th 2002, 4:58 pm

Jason
I've now filed a complaint and refered to your complaint.
I'd urge everyone else to do the same as well.
(I'm in the UK so we'll see how far reaching the IFCC can go!)

henrik
Nicky Driscoll

Post by henrik » Nov 5th 2002, 8:51 pm

I've also filed a complaint.
Would there be a point in listing our complaint numbers here, and add all of them to our complaints? I only referenced to Jason's number, but it's possible to update the complaints and add more references.

I'm in Sweden, BTW, and this is my first post - although I've been lurking here since day one :-)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 5th 2002, 8:54 pm

the reason i provided mine is that it might act as a search phrase and allow them to link complaints.

Foggy
Tino

Post by Foggy » Nov 7th 2002, 2:33 pm

This may be interest to those who have been billed twice like me. I live in the UK, and l paid with my visa card, I wrote to my bank and told them of an "Unauthorised" debit from my card, and they are now contacting the bank in the US who deducted the 2nd amount, so this may be one way of getting your money back. Incidently, I have sent numerous e-mails, and FAX'd Another Universe about the double billing, and to date no one has had the common decency to respond. Whatever happened to their so called "We will respond within 48 hours policy",

Just hope I get the money back?. Good luck to the rest of you

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Jason::

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 7th 2002, 10:18 pm

Though i got my disks, should i still hit AU
through the IFCC because they owe me for
a $115 overcharge from July?
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Jason::

Post by Jason R » Nov 7th 2002, 10:22 pm

Yes.
So-Called Loon wrote:Though i got my disks, should i still hit AU
through the IFCC because they owe me for
a $115 overcharge from July?

flwrchild2
Tino

Post by flwrchild2 » Nov 12th 2002, 10:03 pm

I paid my $115 and still haven't received my disk. I have tried contacting AnotherUniverse.com, but no one has gotten back to me. What do I do??

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Nov 13th 2002, 4:24 am

flwrchild2 wrote:I paid my $115 and still haven't received my disk. I have tried contacting AnotherUniverse.com, but no one has gotten back to me. What do I do??
Email them and call them until you get a response. If you're one of the lucky ones that haven't been double charged you could see if you could just get your money back and order from DDD for $45 instead.

RyeBlume
Three Rivers Resident

Post by RyeBlume » Nov 13th 2002, 6:13 pm

Can Jason or someone else please list a comprehensive list of online sites where we can file complaints? I want to file as many as possible.

kats876
Frozen Embryo

Post by kats876 » Dec 6th 2002, 7:28 pm

For anyone who was double charged, don't wait for AU to issue a credit because it won't happen. Dispute it with your credit company ASAP. I did and I had the double charge taken off right away. I've also filed official complaints with the BBB and the IFCC because AU still hasn't credited me $90 for my cancelled order. My advice is to file complaints at:
http://www1.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp and http://www.bbb.org/
I'll let you guys know if anything happens with my complaints. :x

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Dec 7th 2002, 11:01 pm

RyeBlume wrote:Can Jason or someone else please list a comprehensive list of online sites where we can file complaints? I want to file as many as possible.
In addition to the BBB and IFCC, here are some other agencies you can contact...

*please note two things: (1) the reason that I listed some California agencies is because AU is located there so to report a crime that occurred in California, you must call the local authorities such as the Sacramento Police Department, NOT the police in your city and (2) these agencies will not directly get your money back to you but it is important for the reports to be filed so that the agencies can begin investigating what the hell AU has been doing to its customers

Sacramento Police Dept - Financial Crimes (916) 433-0650

California Department of Consumer Affairs - Our Consumer Relations Unit (CRU) receives and reviews consumer complaints regarding a wide variety of issues that are either unregulated in California or regulated by other state or federal agencies. The CRU will assist the consumer to resolve their complaint through mediation efforts, if possible, provide helpful information to make informed decisions in the marketplace, and refer complaints to the appropriate state or federal agency, when applicable.

California Attorney General - The Attorney General works to protect consumers through the Consumer Law Section of the California Department of Justice and responds to consumer complaints through the Public Inquiry Unit.

The Consumer Law Section prosecutes scam artists and fights deceptive trade practices that range from the use of misleading national sweepstakes mailers to undelivered vacation promises by sellers of travel.

The Public Inquiry Unit responds to consumer inquiries and serves as a central clearinghouse for consumer complaints sent to the California Department of Justice.

While the Attorney General does not handle individual consumer disputes, your consumer complaints may become the basis of state enforcement action brought by the Consumer Law Section. Additionally, the California Department of Justice does try to help bring consumer complaints to the attention of the companies involved so that the problem might be resolved satisfactorily.

National Fraud Information Center - Your report will be transmitted to the National Fraud Database, maintained by the Federal Trade Commission and the National Association of Attorneys General. This information is available 24 hours a day to law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and Canada.

Information you provide informs federal and state regulators of possible illegal telemarketing or Internet activities. While there is no guarantee that you will recover money lost to fraud, you can at least help stop fraud and punish wrong-doers.

KCRA (Sacramento news station)
Natasha aka candygirl :: MSCL.com

Look, if this is weird for you, being tutored? I don't mind helping you a little longer.
You could have sex with me if you really want to help...I guess that's a "no"?