The End Game - DVDs are on way

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Ross Across America

Post by smackey » Oct 31st 2002, 7:11 pm

Not that I care (since I've cancelled and will never again deal with AU), but why didn't Ross and his convoy buddies turn this into some kind of kick-ass "MSCL Tour Across America" (preferably with a tour bus--not a U-Haul) where he stops in major cities along the way back to California and lets buyers come and pick up their box set. I'm sure customers would come from an hour or so away--maybe more. He could be showing the DVDs on the bus, etc. I'm sure he'd make an extra T-shirt sale or two in the process (nevermind, i don't think he has the rights to sell those, does he?). Once back at the home office, he could mail the remaining sets to those who couldn't pick them up. Better yet, he could be spending his free time in the bus between stops addressing packages and then mailing a bunch at each stop. :roll:

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 31st 2002, 7:56 pm

Hello all,

Everytime I come back to this forum I think, 'What wild AU madness awaits me now'. Ross driving a U-Haul truck across the continetal US was not one that I was expecting. I am currently checking to see if Rod Serling is going to step out of nowhere and explain that we are all trapped in the twilight zone.

Still, for those of you still hanging with AU and Ross man, hopefully this is good news and that this long, long, did I mention long, nightmare will be over.

All the best,

Lance Man

AngelaBee
Tino

Post by AngelaBee » Oct 31st 2002, 11:05 pm

Hi, I've been watching MSCL for years and the news of the mscl dvd caught my attention. i've been keeping up on this forum for the past several months about the dvd. although i understand everyone's concerns with ross rojek, i just wanted to say that as far as his going to pick up the dvd's personally, i think that people should appreciate that. yes, he was terrible about customer service in the past, but you need to appreciate what he's doing for the project right now. he's not driving a truck all the way to bmg for his health, but he's doing it for the fans, because he knows how much the dvd's mean to everyone and he wants everyone to have the dvd's! if you want to attack ross, then attack him on a different account, but don't make him a villain while he's picking up the dvd's. (i'm sure that everyone will attack me for what i've just said, but i feel that it really needs to be said after reading this thread).

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 31st 2002, 11:10 pm

Not going to attack you. Not at all.

It was a well written, thoughtful, view point and I hope it is true. And I am not being sarcastic. I think we all want this to be over and to for this forum to be about the actual DVDs. That's why we all came here in the first place. And that is what will appease people.

Best
Jason
AngelaBee wrote:Hi, I've been watching MSCL for years and the news of the mscl dvd caught my attention. i've been keeping up on this forum for the past several months about the dvd. although i understand everyone's concerns with ross rojek, i just wanted to say that as far as his going to pick up the dvd's personally, i think that people should appreciate that. yes, he was terrible about customer service in the past, but you need to appreciate what he's doing for the project right now. he's not driving a truck all the way to bmg for his health, but he's doing it for the fans, because he knows how much the dvd's mean to everyone and he wants everyone to have the dvd's! if you want to attack ross, then attack him on a different account, but don't make him a villain while he's picking up the dvd's. (i'm sure that everyone will attack me for what i've just said, but i feel that it really needs to be said after reading this thread).

Krakolano
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Krakolano » Nov 1st 2002, 2:18 am

ten bucks says within a month of receipt of the DVDs, the posting in this forum will drop 75%...

we all just love to bitch i think.

i think its hilarious that Ross is experiencing roadside difficulties. what could go wrong next? if there is something that could go wrong, i think it will. watch them shut down the US Postal service the day they send these things out.

as for me, i've stuck with AU the whole time -- i refuse to let the bastards grind me down, and i am hell bent on receiving those DVDs from the company i ordered them from -- after all they've put me through its the least they can do.

i'm going to recieve the HELL out of those DVDs...

love
your buddy

Krak

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 1st 2002, 3:46 am

thanks, guys! Reading this thread made me just laugh out loud. For real. "I promise" (TM Ross Rojek)

it's kinda bizarre that the CEO is driving a truck. While I see that he might do it for the fans, I'm too hardened in the meantime. I just can't stop to be sarcastic about this whole mess.

does the truck have GPS? So we could locate Ross all the time. Like "electronic monitoring" of prisoners.

no "ross/truck/country" songs yet? anybody?
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Hardware
Three Rivers Resident

Post by Hardware » Nov 1st 2002, 4:08 am

AngelaBee wrote:...you need to appreciate what he's doing for the project right now. he's not driving a truck all the way to bmg for his health, but he's doing it for the fans, because he knows how much the dvd's mean to everyone and he wants everyone to have the dvd's!...
Or possibly the fact that hiring a truck is cheaper than paying a courier to deliver them? Am I the only person here who suspects Ross's motives?

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Nov 1st 2002, 9:27 am

Actually, Ross told me on the phone a few weeks ago that it would save them at least 2 days of delivery, since Ross can drive more hours per day.

A professional truck driver can drive only a few hours per day ( 8 hours I think ) while he doesn't have that limit personally

and no, the DVD cannot be shipped via air, since they are too big and too heavy.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 1st 2002, 9:34 am

Cheaper. (Arguably) faster. Shipping by air doesn't save enough time to warrant expense.

However, lunchboxes could be air freighted and would save about 3 weeks. Is that worth the cost (20k-30K dollars)? I think so, especially to make up for delays.

GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Nov 1st 2002, 11:18 am

Actually, Ross told me on the phone a few weeks ago that it would save them at least 2 days of delivery, since Ross can drive more hours per day.
Ross driving the truck across the country is purely a PR move to help "make up" for all of the mistakes made.

It looks good in an email, on paper and it sounds nifty if it hits a news source ("CEO Goes Extra Mile for Customers"). It may even be a gracious move in the eyes of customers who aren't aware of how deep the hole AU is in, or those who just want their sets once and for all.

But, as far as I see it, Ross should be in the AU offices, taking care of the every one of the double or triple charged orders, not physically trying to improve the shipping date.

Ross should've kissed a baby if he wanted to look good, a la politicians groveling for a vote, and paid for professional shipping.

No offense Martin, but this cross-country drama doesn't hold water for me.

-g

AngelaBee
Tino

Post by AngelaBee » Nov 1st 2002, 2:12 pm

At this point, it doesn't really matter what ross's motives are, the point is that he's making an attempt at getting these dvd's done finally!

Hardware wrote:
AngelaBee wrote:...you need to appreciate what he's doing for the project right now. he's not driving a truck all the way to bmg for his health, but he's doing it for the fans, because he knows how much the dvd's mean to everyone and he wants everyone to have the dvd's!...
Or possibly the fact that hiring a truck is cheaper than paying a courier to deliver them? Am I the only person here who suspects Ross's motives?

pat19btvs
Tino

Post by pat19btvs » Nov 1st 2002, 3:08 pm

Hi. I've been watching this forum since I preordered in April, and haven't posted till now. I paid my $115 by Money Order. I just have to say that (and I know it's a bitch for the overcharged) that AU has always been great with responding to me. Especially now, because I had cancelled, and then when I got the mass mail on the 28th, I decided to uncancel, cause I figured, "Well, they're on their way, I might as well just go with it." (And I didn't want to wait months for a refund, also.)

Wade handled my uncancellation on Monday, and I sent an email to both Ross and Mike to confirm that there wasn't a big mix up, and they BOTH responded the next day. Very prompt and I was highly appreciative of it, because I've seen rant after rant on here, so I'm in the minority of people who just have had to wait, and not worry about money. Kinda feel bad. :(

And today, Ross emailed me again, telling me that the truck problems are basically a pain in the ass, but he's looking forward to pulling into the office with the DVDs. And I'm looking forward to that too, cause then I get them :-D Yes, I've been annoyed at the delays, I even had a few nailbiting experiences when payment to certain companies was in question, but as far as my own experience with AU, it's been positive. Just thought I'd share my story. Ross riding with the trucks is a nice gesture, though I hope you all get your issues straightened out.

I'll go back to grinning like a fool over these sets now. ;-) Ciao.

- Pat

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 1st 2002, 3:10 pm

Ross just sent me some pics via e-mail!

:wink:
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 1st 2002, 3:24 pm

Now I know why my bosses decided to buy a $15,000 color printer... it was to facilitate me printing out mephisto's artwork and hanging it on my office walls. Obviously that accident happened because Ross was trying to respond to emails while driving the truck. :shock: Damn that blackberry mobile email...

I'm sure your artwork is a big hit over at au.com... too bad we can't see the web logs :twisted:

tengrand
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tengrand » Nov 1st 2002, 3:30 pm

CLASSIC Mephisto! I guffawed :o , blew coffee all over my desk and almost died when I saw Ross's postcards. I am LMAO as I type this.