Help! Poor student looking to save $

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
misheebel
Tino

Help! Poor student looking to save $

Post by misheebel » Oct 31st 2002, 1:03 pm

It just occured to me that I don't even know if I'm among the 'special few' who were to receive the lunch box and bonus disk. How can I find this out asap?

Aren't they shipping today? I'll definitely want to cancel my order if I'm not part of this 'exclusive' group!

Even if I wasn't originally supposed to get this bonus material, do you think I may still receive this stuff since it looks like many people have cancelled?

I e-mailed someone called Emily at AU a few weeks ago but she hasn't gotten back to me. I figure there's no point in e-mailing Ross...any advice? 4

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 31st 2002, 1:16 pm

You should really call AU. If you call them a few times, they'll eventually pick up the phone. They might have your information? It's certainly a possibility that you would get the lunchbox, since so many people have cancelled. And if not you can just cancel your order since you'll already be talking to them, which is the best way (they never answer emails).
If you're looking to save money, than order the set from Amazon. It's half the price! Otherwise, you'll be paying +$60 for a bonus disc and a lunchbox . . . so not worth it.

misheebel
Tino

Post by misheebel » Oct 31st 2002, 1:22 pm

Thanks for the tip episapia! Do you have AU's phone # by any chance?

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 31st 2002, 1:28 pm

sure . . . it's 888-5COMICS (526-6427).
I think their hours are 8-4:30. Just give them your order number and they'll help you.
~Eve

misheebel
Tino

Post by misheebel » Oct 31st 2002, 4:24 pm

Thanks so much! I'll try giving them a call, although I'm weary because now my credit card company says it's too late to reverse the charges!

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Nov 1st 2002, 1:17 pm

BEEEE Aggressive! Don't let your cc company tell you that. Explain the situation, be persistent, and make them understand that you're paying for a product you never recieved . . . Use the sept. 17th shipping method, it seems to work (We were promised a shipping date of over one month ago, and it never happened . . . false advertising, the immoral and unethical conduct of the company, etc.) Goodluck!