The MSCL story on Digital Bits now

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: APATHY FOTO NOVEL

Post by Jason R » Oct 31st 2002, 12:01 pm

Please, no variations of "My Heart Will Go On."
pgh_kenny wrote:
Any word on when the soundtrack will be available?

nester
Tino

Post by nester » Oct 31st 2002, 12:14 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:
Any word on when the soundtrack will be available?
Well, they were mastering the CD, but the retailer hasn't paid the production company yet..... :roll: :wink:

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 31st 2002, 12:52 pm

nester wrote:Well, they were mastering the CD, but the retailer hasn't paid the production company yet..... :roll: :wink:
actually Ross offended Celine and she decided not to sing. We're still looking for another singer.

Kenny, do you plan a duet with Lori?
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Oct 31st 2002, 2:13 pm

I just finished reading the full article--thanks, Jason, for putting it out there like that.

But, ummm...what's an "Easter egg?" Other than the obvious, of course.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 31st 2002, 2:19 pm

an easter egg is hidden bonus material. i bet that you have DVDs that have hidden stuff that you didn't know about!

check out this site: http://www.dvdeastereggs.com/main.php

Jennifer wrote:I just finished reading the full article--thanks, Jason, for putting it out there like that.

But, ummm...what's an "Easter egg?" Other than the obvious, of course.

Jennifer
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Jennifer » Oct 31st 2002, 2:23 pm

Thanks Jason.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 31st 2002, 5:05 pm

Incidentally, there are no easter eggs for the MSCL disc. (Not that I know of anyway).
Jennifer wrote:Thanks Jason.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by lance » Oct 31st 2002, 8:05 pm

Jason,

An excellent interview thank you for doing this. You know until I read this interview I was under the impression of living in a surreal hazy or living thorugh Groundhog Day with regards to the getting MSCL on DVD. Your interview made feel like all this AU madness was actual real after all and that AU was being held accountable. I hope that this is not the last venue for AU's bad business practices to be on full display.

Jason, question: Since the intial AU release date of 6/18/02 I have never seen a release date for MSCL posted on http://www.thedigitalbits.com . What is up with that?

Thanks,

Lance Man

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 31st 2002, 9:47 pm

Lance Man,

I have no idea why it hasn't been posted. Probably because it hasn't been known, and still isn't really known.

Also, from the emails that I received in response to that interview, a great number of them coming from other reporters, many seem to oppose the very idea of exclusives. They feel that an exclusive is like a license to provide bad service. They have been proven right about that and I have been proven wrong.

Jason

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 1st 2002, 1:37 pm

somehow Jason reminds me of Leo...

The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 1st 2002, 2:18 pm

:shock: I hope that isn't the ship with the lunchboxes.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Nov 1st 2002, 4:00 pm

my goodness you people have way too much time on your hands!!
:)
but you do make me laugh!

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 1st 2002, 4:20 pm

wend74 wrote:my goodness you people have way too much time on your hands!!
:)
but you do make me laugh!
You're witnessing the fallout that occurs when the paths of 'fans obsessed with an amazing TV show' and 'company with the worst customer service record in the history of retail' cross paths.

I'm guilty of spending a lot of time here, but then again I don't waste time watching the crap that is on TV anymore either. Watching TV is so passive and boring and making fun of AU, is so.... FUN!

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Nov 1st 2002, 5:23 pm

wend74 wrote:my goodness you people have way too much time on your hands!!
well, you know, it's a good break from learning for my master exams (I can't see that stuff anymore). And it's much more fun too

Minerwerks
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Minerwerks » Nov 2nd 2002, 1:02 am

Also, from the emails that I received in response to that interview, a great number of them coming from other reporters, many seem to oppose the very idea of exclusives. They feel that an exclusive is like a license to provide bad service. They have been proven right about that and I have been proven wrong.
I wouldn't say you were proven wrong, I would say that AU has just created a bad association with the idea. If Another Universe had delivered on the hype, the concept of exclusives would be quite marketable. The fact that cancellations from this forum haven't been 100% attests that the idea isn't completely off-base.

It's still viable in some ways, as retailers such as Best Buy and Circuit City often "brand" their own version of a product with a bonus or giveaway. I've made purchases with Best Buy on many occasions for just this reason.
= Derek =