Did you drink the Kool Aid?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
GaryEA
So-Called Addict

Post by GaryEA » Oct 30th 2002, 6:58 pm

Hooooooly smokes, that forum is ridiculous!

Those people are supposed to be investors or stock holders? How are you supposed to find actual information amidst the endless yammering of the lower-case addicted and underscore afflicted?

Just another reason I hope AU goes under.

-g

EDIT: Jason, how does it feel to be "infamous" now? :wink:

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 31st 2002, 12:12 am

Many of the apparent posters on that forum are actually a single person. "sherrif_of_cybertown", "jason_roenfraud", "cynthia19600", "bodacious_tatas_gawd", "rosenfelds_mommy", "the_search_for_spock", formerly "socrates85", and probably others, all seem to be the same person. In fact, I believe he's the same one who posted here with names like "james_bond_007" or whatever, and is the one who created and moderates the mscl_dvd_forum on Yahoo Groups, and has been the only one to post to that group, again using various aliases.

The distinctive lack of capitalization, correct spelling or grammar, and the extreme overuse of "lol" make his posts easy to identify. He's made it fairly clear on the stock forum that he accepts that Another Universe is crooked, but that neither he nor the other shareholders can do anything about it, and that he doesn't personally care, since for him the stock is just an investment. At least, that's what I've been able to extrapolate from posts like:
rosenfelds_mommy wrote:29 Oct 2002, 12:48 PM EST Msg. 24531 of 24662

JASON!! you have been a bad boy telling those lies, no come on home for your spanking! and apolgize to these poor people for your childish behavior!!!! bad bad boy!!!

wait till your father hears about this !!!!
:)
Aaron T.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 31st 2002, 1:06 am

Honestly this socrates person is crazy, this semester I am studying neuropharmacology and socrates sounds like he fits the description of many of the disorders we discussed. I really think he needs some help.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Re: Did you drink the Kool Aid?

Post by So-Called Loon » Nov 1st 2002, 2:19 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Apparently, some AU investors are calling me a "modern day Jim Jones."

I didn't realize that the members of his cult all killed themselves because they were double billed by AnotherUniverse.com. :P

http://ragingbull.lycos.com/mboard/boar ... read=24578
They (or he?) sound like ranting conspiracy theorists over there.
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Lietuva
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lietuva » Nov 9th 2002, 10:39 am

these statements really pissed me off.i cant even believe that they have the nerve to say this crap about jason.why doesnt he poll everyone that has ordered the "so called"dvd set himself and find out the results for himself!!!!!!!

WE GOT LIED TO, ROBBED & SCREWED .....and still are...no exageration here.

not being able to send us our refunds because they are using all available resources to send out the dvds to ppl that kept their order .FRAUD!

and he is accusing the ppl here of slander?Its not slander is it ...if its true????

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Nov 9th 2002, 11:32 am

I just visiting raging bull again... thinking about what has happened. It almost makes the american legal/business system seem like a joke. If you smoke a joint at Penn State University, you get thrown in jail. You are a movie star and you stole less than $6,000 of clothing from a fancy clothing store, well you get humiliated with a public trial and a broken arm to boot.

Steal $100,000 from your customers, withhold contractual payments to freelance writers... NOTHING HAPPENS TO YOU. Even at a basic level, you would think visa or mastercard would put them on probabation. I'm sure they are seeing a trend. Has anyone had any luck with reports to fbi?

p.s. Lietuva, nice choice of avatar.

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Nov 9th 2002, 12:40 pm

pgh_kenny wrote:You are a movie star and you stole less than $6,000 of clothing from a fancy clothing store, well you get humiliated with a public trial and a broken arm to boot.
aww, poor Noni. :cry:

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Nov 9th 2002, 2:00 pm

The investor board at Raginbull is actually very interesting in that many of them think I am making up the double bills.