have they shipped?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
StrawberryGirl
Three Rivers Resident

have they shipped?

Post by StrawberryGirl » Oct 28th 2002, 12:11 pm

The update in the dvd faq says that they would ship from BMG to AU either Friday or Monday- do we have any word on that? I guess most people here have cancelled their AU orders, and thus don't care too much. But for those of us who are still being suckered :roll: - any news?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: have they shipped?

Post by Jason R » Oct 28th 2002, 12:13 pm

No news. I will try to find out for you.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Oct 29th 2002, 7:58 pm

i'm too lazy to cancel strawberry girl so i'm waiting too
:D
patiently i might add too!! trying to avoid this board so i don't get sucked into the negative pit haha its working too ....for now :D

tengrand
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tengrand » Oct 29th 2002, 8:20 pm

I understand from a phone conversation with an AU representative within the past hour, that AU is still on target to meet the estimated ship date of Friday, November 1. If that is the case, we are looking to receive discs sometime next week.

*knocking on wood*

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 29th 2002, 8:36 pm

tengrand wrote:AU is still on target to meet the estimated ship date of Friday, November 1. If that is the case, we are looking to receive discs sometime next week.
Yay! I just did the calculations, and that means that those who chose to go with Amazon will be getting ours in about than two and a half weeks! Only a week and a half after AU customers are supposed to get theirs! Yay!

I can't wait to see the first post "I have my DVDS!!!" Thats going to be so cool.

ps. can you trust AU's word that they are "still on target"? I dunno. I can't.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

tengrand
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tengrand » Oct 29th 2002, 9:19 pm

andrewgd wrote:ps. can you trust AU's word that they are "still on target"? I dunno. I can't.
I'm facing a Hobbesian dilemma. I wish it were as simple as "can I trust AU's word". Whether I trust them or not is irrelevant at this point. Fact is, they have my money. I can do one of two things: I can maintain my order and hope to get the discs, and frankly this appears likely from the information before me; or I can cancel, forget about receiving dvds from AU and just hope to get a refund (Fortunately I've only been billed once). We all know AU's record regarding refunds and credit payments. Its a simple bet: which is more likely a scenario. You're basically betting that AU is going to refund your money. I assess differently and believe its a safer bet to maintain my order. Time will tell.

Having said all this ... should AU continue to fail me up to the eve of November 19, 2002, I'm jumping ship and hopping on board the Amazon train (sorry to mix metaphors). At that point, all bets are off.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 29th 2002, 9:41 pm

Here's how I see things and my situation:

1) AU has no intention of refunding my money, EVER!!!
2) I cancelled my order on Oct. 14th
3) When I hear people posting that they've received their discs from AU safe and sound, I will swallow my pride and uncancel my order. Before I do so, I will cancel my card to prevent them from charging me again.

So, for me, I'm trusting AU to stab me in the back, which at this point is a safer bet than hoping they ship ontime.

BTW, I got some news from my bank about my doublecharge. I filed my compaint on Oct 3rd. My bank contacted AU on Oct 11. AU has not responded to my bank as of yesterday. So this is why refunds are taking forever; AU is ignoring requests from financial institutions. AU is required to respond in 30 days, but it's obvious they won't.

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 29th 2002, 11:39 pm

phelix wrote:

BTW, I got some news from my bank about my doublecharge. I filed my compaint on Oct 3rd. My bank contacted AU on Oct 11. AU has not responded to my bank as of yesterday. So this is why refunds are taking forever; AU is ignoring requests from financial institutions. AU is required to respond in 30 days, but it's obvious they won't.

Since AU is "required to respond in 30 days," it seems obvious to me that
they are trying to sell as many of these sets as possible,
get as many cancelled pre-orderers to UN-cancel,
and then take what monies they might generate in the next 30 days
and do what they can to avoid fraud charges by crediting us back for
the cancelled orders and double charges. Given AU's track record,
my guess is, they will refund at the 11th hour, or give up entirely
on refunding [former] customers.

The only way I see for AU to get out of this is to file for bankruptcy
or pay us all...Though Howard's case gives me some pause, and I wish
I knew how Rojek has been able to skirt paying him...

Mark

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 30th 2002, 9:18 am

Mark, that's an easy question. They keep their accounts empty. WHen they would bounce a check to me, they would follow it up with a wire from Leslie's private account. I guess they keep money in employees' accounts. That is why the court cannot garnish their accounts. They are empty.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 30th 2002, 4:24 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Mark, that's an easy question. They keep their accounts empty. WHen they would bounce a check to me, they would follow it up with a wire from Leslie's private account. I guess they keep money in employees' accounts. That is why the court cannot garnish their accounts. They are empty.
Hmmm... I bet the IRS would be interested in that. When the money enter's a employee's account, it is either capital gains or income. I wonder if Leslie is reporting all that income on his tax returns.

Also, this could run afoul of various money laundering and RICO laws, since it can now be claimed that such actions are performed to avoid paying out a court ordered judgement. Then there's SEC regulations, since AU's parent is a publicly traded company. Hiding assets is a big no-no.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 30th 2002, 4:35 pm

Well if it is a violation of any laws, I have the bank wires from Leslie's account to enter as evidence. All they have to do is ask.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 30th 2002, 4:54 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Well if it is a violation of any laws, I have the bank wires from Leslie's account to enter as evidence. All they have to do is ask.
Who is this "they," though? :?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 30th 2002, 4:56 pm

Anyone investigating this, I guess.

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Oct 30th 2002, 6:44 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:No news. I will try to find out for you.
Jason, did you ever find out?

Thanks

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 30th 2002, 7:03 pm

No clue. Didn't hear back, but neither have reviewers who want review copies from BMG. So I have no more info than anyone else.