i just got a mass email from AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
north_Star98
Yearbook Team

i just got a mass email from AU

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 25th 2002, 2:12 pm

saying that my cancellation has been processed....did anyone else get the email?

BUT what about the 20 dollar deposit that was promised?

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 25th 2002, 2:21 pm

Read the other threads. This is a generic response that Mike has gone into the Drygrass db and indicates NOTHING.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 2:22 pm

Just got a copy via email. It doesn't mention when you will get your money back. :x

Subject: My So-Called Life DVD Cancellations

We have received your cancellation request for your order for the “MY SO CALLED LIFE DVD Collectors Set”. Your Cancellation was received via e-mail, phone, fax, or the DRYGRASS customer service page.

If your decision to cancel is indeed correct then there is nothing further you need to do. Please use this e-mail as confirmation of that cancellation.

If, however, after reading the rest of this information you feel your cancellation status is in error, you may change it by doing the following; Send an e-mail to dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com with the subject line UN-CANCEL AND SHIP! For Verification, please include your NAME, ORDER NUMBER and SHIPPING ADDRESS

****Please be aware that all orders will be checked for current payment status before reinstatement. ****

We will be shipping “MSCL DVD COLLECTORS SETS” beginning next week. We will be picking them up from the BMG warehouse and driving them across country in order to expedite their arrival. We expect to begin shipping on 11/1. WE WILL BE WORKING AROUND THE CLOCK TO GET THEM TO YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

The MSCL lunchbox will be shipping to us from G-Whiz (insert link to box) and should arrive in late November/ early December. With the arrival of the lunchbox, we will include and ship any remaining promotional/collectors items owed with said lunchboxes. We will also include any items purchased via gift certificate. We will do this free of shipping charges as well.

Along with the lunchbox, we will be shipping the MSCL bonus disk. That disk is being professionally mastered and duplicated and will include 60 minutes of an original interview with Winnie Holzman, Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick. That interview took place the day they were informed that “Once And Again” had been cancelled. It is interesting and covers a lot of ground. In addition we have an hour of “question and answer” from the Museum of TV and Radio.

Purchasers from before September 17th will also be receiving a gift certificate.

We are extremely sorry for all the problems and delays in getting the My So-Called Life project out to you, the fans. We hope that you enjoy the series when you receive it from whichever vendor you choose.

Another Universe.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 25th 2002, 2:51 pm

We will be picking them up from the BMG warehouse and driving them across country in order to expedite their arrival.
I suddenly have this image of Ross hanging out of the side of an 18-wheeler, spitting some chaw.

Oh, we got a great big convoy, ain't she a beautiful site! We got a great big convoy, truckin' through the night!...

Or how about this one, perhaps more appropriate (compass direction and other lyrics changed to be accurate):

West-bound and down, loaded up and truckin'! We're gonna do what they say can't be done. We got a looooong way to go, and a short time to get there. We're west-bound, just watch ol' Rojek run! Oh Jason's got his ears on, he's hot on your buns. He won't rest till they get their refunds. You got to dodge 'im, you got to duck 'im, just keep them CD's accruin'! Just hit that delete key on all e-mail!...
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

hurtstolookatyou
Overlooked Sibling

called AU

Post by hurtstolookatyou » Oct 25th 2002, 2:54 pm

I just called Au b/c i got one of these emails. I talked to Wade and he said that the email was being sent out to anyone who had ever cancelled an order (i had cancelled one way back in march b/c my order was duplicated and i didn't want to buy 2 dvd sets).

i guess that they're responding to the complaints that everyone had about no communication and are now sending confirmations to everyone who requested a cancellation that they're order has indeed been cancelled.

i didn't talk to him about refunds however, since my cancellation in march (or whenever it was) had never been paid for.

have to say though, that was was very nice and answered all the questions that i had.

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 25th 2002, 2:54 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:dvdsupport@anotheruniverse.com
This is probably the 10th email they've given for support on this set. I LOVE how they give us all these emails, and then COMPLAIN that they're getting emails to 10 different boxes, and they have to match them all up. Such incompetant boobs.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

angelgirl
Nicky Driscoll

Post by angelgirl » Oct 25th 2002, 3:49 pm

the thing i find kinda fishy is how they send their newest plans reguarding the dvds to the people that have canceled their orders and not to the people that have still hung on, like me. it's like they're trying to persuade you one last time. you'd think that they wanted to send it to us too so that we won't want to cancel, so that it shows there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
i don't know, this whole thing is frustrating, i just want those dvds. enough drama already! :x

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 25th 2002, 5:11 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: Subject: My So-Called Life DVD Cancellations

We have received your cancellation
We will be shipping “MSCL DVD COLLECTORS SETS” beginning next week.
Another Universe.
Yeah - Why would people who canceled (and are serious about it) care to get all this new info regarding AU's sets? There is no way I could get persuaded to "uncancel" my original order from them. No way. Not even if they changed the price to $5, and for my free of charge bonus items sent me a brand new Gibson Les Paul guitar, and a dark purple 2002 VW Jetta.

Okay maybe then! :D
But does anyone think that's really gonna happen? Too bad. I really did want a bonus disc. :cry:

So-Called Angel
Three Rivers Resident

Post by So-Called Angel » Oct 25th 2002, 5:25 pm

The only way that I would un-cancel my order was if Jared Leto :D was delivered along with the DVD's. In other words, I ain't un-cancelling!
"See, I have this philosophy......."

fedge
Frozen Embryo

Post by fedge » Oct 25th 2002, 6:23 pm

Maybe once someone receives the bonus disc they can start burning DVDR versions for fans, at a small cost (disc and mailing).

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 25th 2002, 6:36 pm

Okay, I now have the message referred to. You'll note that they are still being evasive about any extra perks they are throwing in to make up the $50 difference between their "lend us the money" deal and the set from anywhere else. If AU had sent this email 3 weeks ago with firm details about how they planned to make it up to us I may not have cancelled, but they are pulling the same old s**t again.

I just hope I don't end up taking a major hit on the exchange rate for the cancellation on top of the interest this set has cost me.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Oct 25th 2002, 8:25 pm

I just got home from work and I got this email too. I cancelled with Ross through email like 2 weeks ago and then submitted a cancellation through the DryGrass form last week because Jason asked people to fill that out if they wanted their money back.

So, I will still be checking my online statement every day for my credit, but who knows when it'll show up.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Post by phelix » Oct 25th 2002, 9:04 pm

Jessica Popsicles wrote:I just got home from work and I got this email too. I cancelled with Ross through email like 2 weeks ago and then submitted a cancellation through the DryGrass form last week because Jason asked people to fill that out if they wanted their money back.

So, I will still be checking my online statement every day for my credit, but who knows when it'll show up.
It will never show up. Since there appears to be no consequences to stealing our money, there's no reason for Ross to give out refunds. It's really that simple.

I'm in the same boat, and logically, I know I should uncancel my order, since something is better than nothing, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Jessica Popsicles
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Jessica Popsicles » Oct 26th 2002, 1:31 am

I'm not holding my breath about getting the money back, I'm just going to keep checking to see anyway.
The money is long gone so it's not too big of a deal. Of course it would be nice to get it back, and it does suck that I might not get it back.
I pre-ordered from Amazon so now it's like paying for something a second time, but I've had to do this in the past for other things. Not quite the same situation at all in the past but it all comes down to having to buy something twice. Blah blah. I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I'm tired and irritated with my life I think I will go now :)...
phelix wrote:
Jessica Popsicles wrote:I just got home from work and I got this email too. I cancelled with Ross through email like 2 weeks ago and then submitted a cancellation through the DryGrass form last week because Jason asked people to fill that out if they wanted their money back.

It will never show up. Since there appears to be no consequences to stealing our money, there's no reason for Ross to give out refunds. It's really that simple.

I'm in the same boat, and logically, I know I should uncancel my order, since something is better than nothing, but I just can't bring myself to do it.
+it can't be all that hard if you can sum it up in a postcard.

Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Hey - I didn't get the email...

Post by Rickie Love » Oct 26th 2002, 2:17 am

...And I'm DEFINITELY cancelling. A little late on the reply to this thread, sorry, just wanted to give the idiots a chance to get the email to me. No dice. I too cancelled like 3 weeks ago. And have followed up, bla bla BLA!!!
Anywho, I DO know my order has been cancelled, (had enough conversations about it with good 'ol Wade) and I guess THEY must know there's not a slushball's chance in hell I'd reorder.

What a crappy day this has been. I'm so very bummed about Richard Harris. :(

Sigh...

Have a good night everyone - 11ish here in CA.

Over and out.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."