Has anyone recieved a refund?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Eliott
Tino

Has anyone recieved a refund?

Post by Eliott » Oct 25th 2002, 10:53 am

After reading some posts, I'm under the impression that within the last few weeks they have received close to 300 cancellations. Now my question is, has anyone actually been refunded.

A couple of weeks ago, I think I remember reading that one person had be refunded. Regardless of backlogged accounting, they must have refunded at least a few people.

So if you have recently placed a cancellation request, I'd like to know if you have acutally received a refund.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 25th 2002, 12:07 pm

I got a refund. I had to "work" for it, and noone should have to. Also, I'm definately in the vast minority.

Jason has ackowledged in various threads that there ARE people getting refunds, so don't think that they aren't happening. It's just slow and too few. 100% is the only correct ratio.
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 12:11 pm

Dave, I think that the refunds they have been processing are either:

1) smoke
2) people really calling and emailing and making AU miserable.

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 25th 2002, 12:30 pm

i was wondering how i should go about trying to get my 20 dollar refund...i paid by check...all the way back in march. what do i need to do about that? i would like that back...and ross said that he'd give the deposit back. could he just credit my credit card for the 20 dollars? and how do i even go about doing that?

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 25th 2002, 12:47 pm

This was a while ago, but I canceled on 10/8 and was replied to (and apologised to) three minutes later (yes three minutes later) and had my refund in a couple days (which is how long it takes for my CC statement to show something like that). They didn't refund my overcharges from July, though, and I had complained about that for long quite a while before the cancelation, and I finally sent this e-mail:
Hi. I'm Kris Lehman-Brown (order #W3208328, though I canceled).
I first reported my overcharges 9/9/02. That's 37 days ago, and they haven't been refunded. That's 37 days you've had to punch in some numbers. I've sent numerous e-mails, all with replies saying that I'll be refunded "soon". I got one from Ross explicitly stating that he would make sure it would be taken care of on 10/7/02. It wasn't. He simply lied to me. And don't tell me that it takes a few days for a refund to show up on my report, because I've canceled since then and received my refund for *that* immediately.
I've been *extremely* understanding, patient, and courteous for these 37 days (as you'll see if you look at my previous e-mails), but your excuses are getting ridiculous and I know for a fact that I've been lied to.
I have papers filled out and ready to send to the California Attorney General, the Consumer Protection Agency, FraudBureau.com, the IFCC, and the BBB. Refund my charges very soon, or they'll be sent. I feel bad about threatening you, but your behavior is absurd. You have *stolen* from me. I shouldn't have to do this, but I'm not being listened to.

Hugs and kisses,
Me.
and nothing happened. Yesterday my CC company credited my account for the now disputed charges. I sure hope they can get the money out of AU.

This is quite a long post.
so says Sparx.

HeatherK
Nicky Driscoll

Re: refunds

Post by HeatherK » Oct 26th 2002, 1:03 am

I got my cancellation refund today. :D I will never speak ill of my evil credit card company again.

My loophole was that AU had a delayed delivery date. Since they had Sept. 17th/Oct. 7th listed, you *can* use that date to fill a dispute claim with your company even though the original charge was months and months ago.

Good luck to the rest of you, my AU nightmare is OVER! I wish you speedy refunds and Catalano dreams.