I Recieved Written Confirmation from AU

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Eliott
Tino

I Recieved Written Confirmation from AU

Post by Eliott » Oct 25th 2002, 1:39 am

After calling my credit card company and expaning the situation, they basically said that since I cancelled my order, Mastercard won't accept disputes until the Merchant is given at most 30 days to complete the Refund.

After the 30 days you can submit proof of charge and cancelation. The thing is, I really didn't have any written proof. I called up AU, and was houding Wade. He got pretty pissed at me.

ME "Can I get written proof of my cancelation."
Wade: "Your cancelation is in the system and you will get refunded."
Me: "I just want written proof for my records."
Wade: "I'm not sure if I can do that."
Me: "I'd like to speak to your manager, or someone above you."
Wade: "Ummm... he's in a meeting right now."
Me: "What time is the meeting expected to be over, I can call back"
Wade: "uhhh, he could be in the meeting all day, so I don't know."
*cough* *bullshit*
Me: "Well, I'd like some form of written confirmation. My credit card company advised me to ask for something in case I don't get a response within 30 days."
Wade: "Do you have a fax, I don't know what can make, and I'd have to do it in between calls."

After that I gave him my fax number, and surely enough I received a fax with AU.com letterhead, and his name stating that I cancelled and should be receiving a refund.

I'm giving AU the benefit of the doubt. 30 days should be ample time to give me a refund.

So, at least they're actually handleing some special request... I was convinced he was just blowing me off.

So, I'll let everyone know how it goes.

crymsonangel
Tino

proof from drygrass

Post by crymsonangel » Oct 25th 2002, 1:54 am

Eliott wrote:After calling my credit card company and expaning the situation, they basically said that since I cancelled my order, Mastercard won't accept disputes until the Merchant is given at most 30 days to complete the Refund.

After the 30 days you can submit proof of charge and cancelation. The thing is, I really didn't have any written proof. I called up AU, and was houding Wade. He got pretty pissed at me.

Jason, can't drygrass.com's records serve as proof for this? Is there a way we can receive a written statement from drygrass?

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: proof from drygrass

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 7:50 am

I can try to create an email that you could print, but I cannot fax thousands of people, not without significant expense.