Cacellation refunds given the LOWEST priority??

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Rickie Love
Yearbook Team

Cacellation refunds given the LOWEST priority??

Post by Rickie Love » Oct 24th 2002, 9:41 pm

:evil: Ok, made my weekly AU call today, and is it me or are cancellation refunds all of a sudden last on the to do list?? It seems that since "so many people are NOW reinstating their orders, the acctg. dept. wants to be sure that all the invoices are correct, bla bla bla" And, since the "people who CANCELLED aren't getting a product", he (you know who) said "others (customers) feel that those who actually have a product coming should be given priority". It sure looks to me like the acctg. dept. is handeling the orders and RE-ORDERS first. Even though some of us who cancelled paid way the hell back in February! And CANCELLED before anyone re-ordered. Shouldn't it be first come first serve?? What the hell kind of ligic IS this?? :x :shock: I did mention this, and got the party line, etc.

Oh my f*cking GOD!! This is some tweaked AU logic, I guess. I asked if I was really going to get a refund and I got a yea, but it's a "time issue". No s**t. As in I've waited and it is ABOUT TIME that I got my $100.00 back! :x :twisted: :evil: :x

If anyone has a different take or an explanation or a way that'll make me feel less sick, I'm all ears.

I am SO not backing off of this.
"Oh, just say the word and she's a footnote in history. I'll make it look like a painful accident..."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Cacellation refunds given the LOWEST priority??

Post by Jason R » Oct 24th 2002, 10:43 pm

This is a new low. I had a sneaky suspicion that they would pull something like this. Unfortunately, I am not surprised.

Write to ross@comicshop.net

Tell him that if you do not receive a refund IMMEDIATELY, you are reporting to http://www.ifccfbi.gov.

And if you don't receive verfication of the refund within 24 hours, follow through on your threat, and refer to my complaint number in the body of your complaint.

My complaint is: I02101510303033

Jason Rosenfeld

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 25th 2002, 2:12 am

Comments like this make me think we should be recording all of our conversations with Wade/whoever else is there. Incidentally Wade sounded really tired when I called yesterday to confirm that my money was still in the "accounting department" and would be "processed" in the order received.

MarkSWalker
Three Rivers Resident

Post by MarkSWalker » Oct 25th 2002, 5:45 am

Well-

I just faxed in one of my credit card company's dispute forms,
along with a three page letter detailing this fiasco,
all the correspondence to/from AU, the hard copy of
my receipt, this website's url, contact information at
Authorize.net and Jason's e-mail address.

The other credit card company (because I ordered two of these sets
with separate order numbers and credit cards),
is getting the same information faxed to them tomorrow.

Depending on how well they perform in the next several days,
I will either file with the IFCC or not.

Here's hoping Ross finds a way to credit those of us who have been
strung along forever, been lied to, fed empty promises,
and want our money back in a timely manner.

We may be his and AU's low priority,
but getting my money back is my high priority.

Mark

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

The mysterious Accounting Department

Post by neppie » Oct 25th 2002, 6:37 am

I wonder if there really is an accounting department. If so, and it still takes them months to process overcharges, it is woefully inadequate. At most retail outlets a lowly cashier can refund your money on the spot, it doesn't require a f***'n accountant. Face it, AU blatantly stole from us. If I wasn't so damned desperate to get the discs I'd be raising all levels of Cain.
Lurker1999 wrote:Incidentally Wade sounded really tired when I called yesterday to confirm that my money was still in the "accounting department" and would be "processed" in the order received.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 25th 2002, 7:00 am

I posted this on another thread, too, but I'm still curious.

How many people actually work at AU?

I've counted a
Ross
Wade
Justin
Thomas
Buddy.

That's 5, and none of them seem to work in 'accounting'.

Anyone ever spoken to anyone else?

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com
---------------------------------------------

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 7:48 am

Their accounting department is apparently a woman named Leslie Baiko.

How do I know this? Because when they bounced checks to me, and I threatened them (this was before I quit), they would send me wires from her personal bank account. Additionally, Ross had mentioned the name Leslie before.

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 25th 2002, 7:49 am

There's also a Mike, but he answers e-mails rather than phones. Or at least he writes a few basic form letters that are automatically sent out. :roll:

(Not to be confused with Mike Glenn, your friendly MSCL.com site admin. :) )
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 8:01 am

Mike doesn't send those. My site does. SInce AU never responds to anyone, we forced them to.

1) When they read problems
2) When they clear them from the queue.

Read the email. It is an automated form from drygrass.com and it basically says that we have no control over whether AU actually does anything.

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

That's it... the final straw.

Post by kenickie » Oct 25th 2002, 11:44 am

I have HAD ENOUGH. I cancelled my set direct directly with Ross about three weeks ago. Stil no refund. So they intend to hold our money for a bit longer eh?? Talk about adding insult to injury. I also now have a totally irrational hate building up for people who are sticking with AU and taking their orders elsewhere, it's like, "Anyone ever hear of sticking together?". Not rational I know. But I really will not stop until AU gets their asses well and truly kicked for this monumental f**k up.

I have : Written to a leading UK DVD magazine about the fiasco...
I Continue : To tell anyone who listens how bad AU are.
I vow : Not to stop until they are overthrown.

These people cannot get away with behaving like this.

FILE YOUR COMPLAINTS NOW.
Let's make the memories that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: That's it... the final straw.

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 11:59 am

I go into some detail on AU.com's horrendous customer service in an interview that is due to appear at http://www.thedigitalbits.com today.

The site is read by many in the DVD industry. I am hoping that it will help to prevent other companies from working with AU on projects -- at least until all customer complaints are resolved.

kenickie
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kenickie » Oct 25th 2002, 12:04 pm

You know I mean no harm to you, right Jason?

You ARE the good guy.
Let's make the memories that dreamers only claim,
But it's hard, when the world knows your name.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: .......

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 12:09 pm

Contact everyone you can think of.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 25th 2002, 2:45 pm

I just spoke with Wade.
I did not offer my name or order #, so he did not know that my call was regarding the MSCL DVD.
I simply said that I had cancelled my order on Monday and wanted to know why my credit card had not been refunded.
He gave me the same speech he's probably given everyone else. The accounting dept. is "backlogged" with all the people canceling and un-canceling their orders for the MSCL DVD, blah blah blah...I asked if I would have my refund within 3 weeks. He couldn't tell me.

Based on my conversation, I am fairly confident that AU is in fact putting cancelled orders/refunds last on their list of priorities. They are taking care of new orders and those who have not cancelled first, so they can ship them the discs as soon as possible.

Up until this point, I have been very patient with AU. But I am beyond pissed off now. Ross/AU has decided to make my life a nightmare. I think it's time I return the favor.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 25th 2002, 2:46 pm

If anyone can tape their conversations and email them to me, I will be most interested in hearing how they are handling calls.