CONFUSION: What are most people doing?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
adam
Three Rivers Resident

???

Post by adam » Oct 25th 2002, 6:36 pm

i never tried to cancel my order because i just want the dvd's(havent seen the last 7 eps in like almost 5 years) and i got that email as well along with the one from jason. i wish i read the jason one first and didnt reply to the AU one. oh well as long as i get it.

Brainiac
Nicky Driscoll
Location: Oxford, England (for now at least) Otherwise, Virginia, USA

is it too late?

Post by Brainiac » Oct 25th 2002, 8:50 pm

I too am wrestling with the question to cancel or not to cancel. If I cancel my AU order I'm not likely to go ahead and get another set just because I don't feel like dealing with this anymore. Yet part of me is really dying for the bonus disk (whatever is on it) with a tiny hope for the lunchbox, though I agree that paying an extra $30-40 for these 'freebies' is ridiculous.

But my question is: is it too late to cancel the AU order? They are (supposed to be at least) shipping the sets relatively soon -- hypothetically speaking, if I cancelled tomorrow would that still be processed in time? If anybody has details on this I'd really appreciate it -- thanks!
'There's something about my life. It's just automatically true that nothing actually happens.'

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: is it too late?

Post by phelix » Oct 25th 2002, 9:22 pm

Brainiac wrote: But my question is: is it too late to cancel the AU order? They are (supposed to be at least) shipping the sets relatively soon -- hypothetically speaking, if I cancelled tomorrow would that still be processed in time? If anybody has details on this I'd really appreciate it -- thanks!
AU will NOT refund your money under any circumstances, period. The only way you'll get your money back is to contest the charge with your creditcard company. If you are unable to contest the charges, then is there really any point in cancelling?

If you wish to cancel, you must do so by phone. All other means of communication are ignored by AU.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Decision, decisions

Post by lance » Oct 25th 2002, 9:35 pm

To those of you still wrestiling with your decision to cancel or not to cancel.

I sympathize with your plight and wish you the best. I hope no matter what decision you make you will eventuallly get the MSCL DVDs that you want. As for myself I have already cancelled and gone with Amazon. I would like a bonus disc and a lunchbox, I really would. I just don't trust AU anymore to deliver on what they promised.

Lance Man

Rhibar
Tino

Post by Rhibar » Oct 26th 2002, 4:36 pm

so it would seem that trying to cancel is just as much a problem as getting a refund or the bloody disks.
so i think i will wait to see what materialises.....
bring it on AU..... :shock:

rhi

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Re: is it too late?

Post by smackey » Oct 26th 2002, 4:50 pm

phelix wrote:If you wish to cancel, you must do so by phone. All other means of communication are ignored by AU.
Not entirely true... I sent an email to Ross and a certified, return-receipt-requested letter to their office. No phone call. And I got the cancellation mass email, so I'm on the "cancelled" list. Still waiting on my refund though (and disputing the charges with my CC co.). :evil: