I found out what Another Universe's Next Project Is?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Sammi
Substitute Teacher

I found out what Another Universe's Next Project Is?

Post by Sammi » Oct 23rd 2002, 4:52 pm

http://www.ourdramaqueen.com/ag/dvdpeti ... ition4.htm

Go to that web page, maybe this is what they have been spending our money on!

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:05 pm

Erm... Actually, that's a DVD I'd like to own. :) But having learned a lesson from watching here, I'll wait until any "exclusives" show up at Amazon. ;)

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:05 pm

I just realized I put a question mark at the end of my topic instead of an exclamation point. Oh well I am a pharmacy student not an english major.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 23rd 2002, 6:23 pm

Nah, I had contacted those fans back before AU mucked this project up. I will make sure that, if AU approaches them, they run in the other direction.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 24th 2002, 12:42 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Nah, I had contacted those fans back before AU mucked this project up. I will make sure that, if AU approaches them, they run in the other direction.
Ah. I didn't see this post in time. As soon as i saw Another Universe on their web page i emailed off a nice little heads-up.
8)
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 24th 2002, 12:46 am

I'm sure they've gotten TONS of emails, cause I sent one off too. Its too bad, I liked American Gothic...
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 24th 2002, 12:51 am

Don't feel bad about AG. It will be released and AU will have nothing to do with it.

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 24th 2002, 2:02 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:Don't feel bad about AG. It will be released and AU will have nothing to do with it.
I'm really glad to hear that because an American Gothic DVD set is definitely something I would purchase. :D
You sound very confident that it in fact will be released. Any idea when?
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

chrisberni
Frozen Embryo

Thanks everyone for the heads up!

Post by chrisberni » Oct 24th 2002, 4:27 am

For a very short introduction - I'm the one who started the American Gothic DVD Petition and who's been in contact with Ross at AU. I appreciate your warnings very much, thanks to everyone who sent me an e-mail! The last I heard from AU was in early September, when Ross told me he'd submit a request for DVD rights to AG, among other AG and non AG related things, to Universal. I guess now I know why he's been silent since then... I'll be away the next three weeks, so I'm in "wait and see" mode for the time being.

Jason, I hope you're right about AG being released on DVD anyway! It's a drag that we'll basically have to start from zero again, but at least no one put any money in yet.

I wish you all the best luck to get your DVDs and/or your money back!!!!

Chris

PS: I'd appreciate it very much if those among you who also like AG would sign the AG DVD Petition at http://www.ourdramaqueen.com/ag/dvdpeti ... tition.htm. Thanks! :D

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Thanks everyone for the heads up!

Post by Jason R » Oct 24th 2002, 7:50 am

Chris, email me at jasonr@mscl.com.

I will help to bring the petition to the attention of people that can matter for you guys. I might be able to call some attention to it in some press and consulting that I am doing now.

As you can tell, I severed my ties with the company that was doing this project. Now I finally have the time to work on other shows.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 24th 2002, 11:25 am

I so want that set!

Thank god AU is not involved :D

GregPurvis
Frozen Embryo

Me too !!

Post by GregPurvis » Oct 24th 2002, 1:09 pm

Let me also throw in a quick "Me Too" here. I'd buy an "American Gothic" season dvd set in a heartbeat !!

Greg

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Oct 24th 2002, 1:44 pm

OK so maybe I live in a cave...

but what is American Gothic (I love anything with the word Gothic in it). I'm sure it was a show that ran sometime, but what was it about??

"It can't rain all the time"

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 24th 2002, 1:45 pm

kriddyboo wrote:OK so maybe I live in a cave...

but what is American Gothic (I love anything with the word Gothic in it). I'm sure it was a show that ran sometime, but what was it about??

Sheriff Lucas Buck (played by Gary Cole) might just be Satan, presiding over a small town where mysterious things happen to good people.

"Someone's at the door..." :twisted:

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Oct 24th 2002, 1:54 pm

Oh... sweet!

I will have to check it out!