Bonus disc update?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Bonus disc update?

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 23rd 2002, 11:49 am

Im just wondering if we have any new news on how the bonus dvd is coming along? How long till they are finished and when did they expect those [and the lunchboxes] to be shipped after the box set is shipped.
am i still razy for sticking with AU?
i thought these were FREE yet we're still paying 50$ how insane.

vapspwi
Let's Bolt Regular

Re: Bonus disc update?

Post by vapspwi » Oct 23rd 2002, 1:02 pm

LetsBolt wrote:am i still razy for sticking with AU?
There are plenty of reasons to be pissed off at Another Universe, but I don't think this is really one of them. Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but I don't think so. The price was announced as $100/$115, for the DVDs plus some other stuff, and we all said "OK, I'll buy that."

Just because other retailers have come along selling the DVDs at a big discount is really irrelevant. As long as AU comes through with the promised materials at the price we agreed to pay back in February or whatever, then they haven't done anything WRONG other than making more profit than Amazon or whoever.

Better to focus anger on the stuff that they have done wrong than the stuff that they haven't, I think.

JRjr

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 23rd 2002, 1:22 pm

Although when we ordered from AU, it was supposed to be exclusive to them, not sold everywhere. Who would have bought a DVD full price from a comic company when there are places like DeepDiscountDVD and countless other really cheap online DVD places?
vapspwi wrote:
There are plenty of reasons to be pissed off at Another Universe, but I don't think this is really one of them. Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, but I don't think so. The price was announced as $100/$115, for the DVDs plus some other stuff, and we all said "OK, I'll buy that."

Just because other retailers have come along selling the DVDs at a big discount is really irrelevant. As long as AU comes through with the promised materials at the price we agreed to pay back in February or whatever, then they haven't done anything WRONG other than making more profit than Amazon or whoever.

Better to focus anger on the stuff that they have done wrong than the stuff that they haven't, I think.

JRjr

neal
Jody Barsh

Post by neal » Oct 23rd 2002, 1:26 pm

vapspwi wrote:

JRjr
I would agree with you except for one thing: AU sold themselves as the exclusive vendor of the MSCL complete season DVD collection. If they didn't do that I might have held out a little while to see who else would sell it. I'm sure the first place I would have checked would have been Amazon.

In any case, I see your point. In the end we agreed to pay $100/$115 for the DVDs, bonus disc, and lunchbox.
No one should hate... who they are.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 23rd 2002, 3:19 pm

I never would have placed a paid preorder at some no name comic store if there had been ANY indication that this set would be available anywhere else at any time. The lunchbox and bonus disc were inducements to buy early.

Not only has AU lost its exclusivity, but the lunchbox will now be sold to anyone ordering from AU. WTF did I order early for?

north_Star98
Yearbook Team

Post by north_Star98 » Oct 23rd 2002, 4:09 pm

i'm not exactly sure when the bonus disc will be shipped but i think jason posted something about how bedford falls hasn't been paid either...>< so that might prolong it

in response to the other post...if i had known that amazon was going to be selling it for 50 dollasr cheaper...i would have never gotten the set from AU...who cares about the lunchbox and bonus disc...

arteitle
Liberty High Student

Post by arteitle » Oct 23rd 2002, 6:56 pm

north_Star98 wrote:i'm not exactly sure when the bonus disc will be shipped but i think jason posted something about how bedford falls hasn't been paid either...>< so that might prolong it
What he posted was that the film crew that shot footage at Bedford Falls hadn't been paid, and that the folks of Bedford Falls hadn't signed a release to let their footage be used in the bonus disc.

Aaron Teitlebaum

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 23rd 2002, 7:24 pm

It is my understanding that if you pay a company to film a work for hire, you don't own that work until you pay for it.

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:45 pm

Its not that im really pissed off at them for this reason- no i take it back i am. We were all under the indication that this was exclusively only at Another universe, so yes- i am pissed off for paying 50 bucks more for things that are "free". rigggghhhhttt. Anyhow as for the other things - Dont get me wrong im royally pissed they have dicked many of us around. however i was not double charged so i dont have much to complain about. yet.