Official DVD Announcement

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Official DVD Announcement

Post by moviezzz » Oct 22nd 2002, 10:41 pm

Hi all,

I just got this weeks DVD announcement, sent out to all retailers listing the DVDs being released by all companies that week and the new titles announced. One rather interesting title on the list from BMG:

My So Called Life Box Set
ID: BMG46950DVD $99.99 Not Rated
UPC: 755174695094 1994
Preorder: NOW BMG
Street: 11/5/2002 TV Classics
Full Frame - Color - English
A.J. Langer, Claire Danes, Devon Gummersall, Jared Leto, Wilson Cruz
All 19 episodes of the critically-acclaimed television series "My
So-Called Life," starring Claire Danes, in one DVD box set! Danes'
portrayal of Angela Chase, the angst-ridden, introspective teen, earned
her a Golden Globe. Even today, after being off the air since early
1995, the show has thousands of fans all around the world.
5-Disc Box Set; Audio Commentary; Interviews with the Creators and
Stars

These are usually very accurate since stores and customers place pre-orders based on the listings. So, I was surprised to read of the audio commentary (was one even recorded?) and the interviews listed. Especially if the interviews are still AU exclusives.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Official DVD Announcement

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 11:23 pm

no audio commentary. period. put this to bed.

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Oct 23rd 2002, 3:40 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:no audio commentary. period. put this to bed.
I have a service, where I come to your house, and provide my own "commentary" while the DVDs play. I offered this awhile back for A Hard Day's Night over at a different forum when people actually refused to buy it cuz it didn't have the one that was announced early on, but there were no takers. Of course, in addition to the commentary fee, you'll have to pay for transportation, room and board, and you MUST have Nestea at my disposal at all times. Please be aware that the commentary may not be at all accurate or even the least bit informative, as I will most likely make stuff up and just annoy you with silly shadow puppets... which really don't count as commentary at all, come to think of it, but since you're paying extra for it, whether or not you like it, oh well! ENJOY MY MAGICAL NACHO GRANDE AND REJOICE!

The fee: $230. Yes, it's a bit pricey. But it's exclusive. And there is a non-refundable $20 deposit. I should also mention that when I say it's "exclusive", I really mean, it is exclusive until I have your money, but you didn't just read that. Look over there! Pretty bird! Oh, yes, and another thing. This "exclusive" appointment, well, I can't get around to it until late 2004, as I'm very backed up with slacking off and scratching my neck. I'm sorry, but you do have to pay in advance.

Fine print: This deal is not exclusive at all, and you are a sucker. The $230? That's actually going to turn out to be $460 a few months after you place your order. I have absolutely no intention of showing up at your house. And if and God forbid when I do, I will not comment at all on the series. I will just eat your food, drink your carefully provided Nestea, and wear your daughter's clothes. Er, I mean... Son's. 2004 actually translates into When Hell Freezes Over. Please leave your optimism at the door. We only accept payment in Nestea. Check out: http://www.oneisborneveryminute.com

:twisted:

K
Last edited by Cornelius1047 on Oct 23rd 2002, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 23rd 2002, 6:26 am

I was gonna run for the deal! But then I couldn't read the fine print and I've learned that most important info is in there so I'm gonna have to pass. Besides I think I have a friend with no need for transport bills to my house who is most willing to audio comment the series for me to almost no expense.

I am gonna be one of the last ones to get the DVDs, that's for sure.
Haha! I just thought of something. The extra material we are promised from AU to complement the delays etc must be AU-t-shirts and logos. What else can they find to give us? :P Yey!

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Oct 23rd 2002, 6:35 am

KrokRos wrote:I was gonna run for the deal! But then I couldn't read the fine print and I've learned that most important info is in there so I'm gonna have to pass.
I'll throw in a K Power T-Shirt(TM), a $30 gift certificate to http://www.stuffyoureallyreallywant.com and some other thing, as yet to be determined. I will keep you updated.

Fine print: The K Power T-Shirt(TM) is actually just one of my used t-shirts, written on w/ permanent ink. The $30 gift certificate can only be used on other crap you don't even realize you don't want. And there is no other thing. I will not keep you updated. This print really isn't all that fine.

K

Nostradamus
Marshall Wannabe

Post by Nostradamus » Oct 23rd 2002, 8:09 am

What a good idea about providing one's own commentary! Here's a sneak preview of mine:
  • Actress Claire Danes quit halfway through filming of the final episode; her remaining scenes were filled with a combination of computer generated imagery and animatronic puppets.

Comic Woody Allen and sex therapist "Dr. Ruth" were cast as Brian's parents but never made the final cut because, well, that would be too scary!

Jerry Bruckheimer filmed a twenty minute car chase sequence with Jordan driving "Red" after robbing a bank; the footage wasn't used due to episodic time constraints, but some of it ended up in "Gone In Sixty Seconds".

The church in "So-Called Angels" was shot on location in Slovenia.
You can't get a scoop like that from AU! :P
I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
-- Clarence Darrow

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
-- Mark Twain

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:06 am

I'm aware of that. But if BMG is listing one in this weeks release, they are going to have some angry retailers.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:09 am

That's true. Although I think the error probably occurred on the distributor side of things. BMG knows that there is no commentary. I honestly think it is due to a distributor solicitation because I know that there were some erroneous ones out there.

If I knew about commentary, I certainly would have spilled the beans by now. :D
moviezzz wrote:
I'm aware of that. But if BMG is listing one in this weeks release, they are going to have some angry retailers.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:19 am

Nostradamus wrote:What a good idea about providing one's own commentary! Here's a sneak preview of mine:
  • Actress Claire Danes quit halfway through filming of the final episode; her remaining scenes were filled with a combination of computer generated imagery and animatronic puppets.

Comic Woody Allen and sex therapist "Dr. Ruth" were cast as Brian's parents but never made the final cut because, well, that would be too scary!

Jerry Bruckheimer filmed a twenty minute car chase sequence with Jordan driving "Red" after robbing a bank; the footage wasn't used due to episodic time constraints, but some of it ended up in "Gone In Sixty Seconds".

The church in "So-Called Angels" was shot on location in Slovenia.
You can't get a scoop like that from AU! :P
Yet another classic from Nostradamus!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

8) SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2002, 1:44 pm

Cornelius & Nostradamus, you two rock!

I was laughing so hard that some co-workers asked what the hell I was doing.

:D

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Oct 23rd 2002, 1:52 pm

moviezzz wrote:
:evil: Bah! Send 'em my way! :roll:

K

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 23rd 2002, 4:36 pm

Cornelius1047 wrote:
KrokRos wrote:I was gonna run for the deal! But then I couldn't read the fine print and I've learned that most important info is in there so I'm gonna have to pass.
I'll throw in a K Power T-Shirt(TM), a $30 gift certificate to http://www.stuffyoureallyreallywant.com and some other thing, as yet to be determined. I will keep you updated.

Fine print: The K Power T-Shirt(TM) is actually just one of my used t-shirts, written on w/ permanent ink. The $30 gift certificate can only be used on other crap you don't even realize you don't want. And there is no other thing. I will not keep you updated. This print really isn't all that fine.

K

Cornelius1047 - I love you already!

Oh, yeah, and by the way.. I might just have to dye my hair crimson glow when the set arrives!

Jason - Do you know if we have to watch the intro to every episode in the set?