November.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

November.

Post by lance » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:24 pm

Hello all,

Amid all the bitter acrimony and strife tossed around on this forum of late I thought maybe it would be nice to remember and reflect what got us all into this mess in the first place:

My So Called Life, the complete series on DVD

Doesn't just make you feel better thinking about having those, to keep?
Try it again with me

My So Called Life the complete series on DVD

Feel better? I do :D As people here receive their DVD sets from Amazon, Best Buy, (AU-?), etc. maybe it would be nice to post here the infinite fun you have watching the episodes and sharing that joy with your fellow MSCL fan.

I realize that November 19th feels like an enternity away. I have finals next week and that feels like an enternity away. Yet, November 19th will be here before you know it. So all of you "happy people", especially those who want something more positive on this forum, here is your big chance 8) .

Let me know what you think.

Lance Man

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:33 pm

:lol: yey!! :lol:
Mom. Streamers?

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 22nd 2002, 7:29 pm

Great post Lance! :D

Cap'n Fool
Nicky Driscoll

Re: November.

Post by Cap'n Fool » Oct 22nd 2002, 8:33 pm

lance wrote:Hello all,

<snip>

As people here receive their DVD sets from Amazon, Best Buy, (AU-?), etc. maybe it would be nice to post here the infinite fun you have watching the episodes and sharing that joy with your fellow MSCL fan.
Great post, Lance. I was thinking about this a few days ago too, how nice it will be to eventually get back to talking about the show, and not all this other stuff. What I'd really hoped for was to watch the DVDs this "season," in their proper time frame (we'd be coming up on the Haloween ep, for example) - hell, I was even gonna watch them on Thursday nights for the full effect!

Yikes! Nasty spider-thing on Buffy just now. Anyway....

Obviously Plan A above isn't gonna happen, but it'll still be great to see (and talk about) MSCL again.

Cap'n Fool

andrewgd
Liberty High Graduate

Post by andrewgd » Oct 22nd 2002, 8:35 pm

Yeah, imagine when we see the first Topic Titled "I GOT MY DVDS!!!!!"

Thats going to be a very happy day.
"Your imagination, like a child, will explode with unrestrained possibilities for adventure."

Denie
Between Names

Post by Denie » Oct 22nd 2002, 8:39 pm

lance wrote: Amid all the bitter acrimony and strife tossed around on this forum of late I thought maybe it would be nice to remember and reflect what got us all into this mess in the first place:

Doesn't just make you feel better thinking about having those, to keep?
Try it again with me

You are so right!
I said those words and couldn't help but smile. :D
Soon those little discs will be in our hands and happy days will descend upon us once more!
Oh what the heck - let's say it again! My So-Called Life, the Complete Series on DVD! :D :D
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

mrkeemo
Frozen Embryo

Post by mrkeemo » Oct 22nd 2002, 8:56 pm

Awesome post!!! I'm glad to see other fans keeping their minds on the positive. It's almost here!
In a few more weeks we will be able to put an "I have" before that phrase. EXCITING! :lol:

SanDeE*
So-Called Addict

Post by SanDeE* » Oct 22nd 2002, 11:04 pm

(sung to the tune "What a difference a day makes")

"What a difference a month makes!
Thirty-one little days..."

Oh MAN I can't wait! November 22nd will be the greatest day EVER!

"Today is the greatest, today is the greatest DAYeeAYeeAY!" (Smashing Pumkins song) :D Okay, I'm perhaps a little too excited. I think I drove my boyfriend crazy because of all this. :wink:

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Oct 22nd 2002, 11:21 pm

Being at the other end of international shipping I will have to wait a few weeks longer I think. T'wil be a nice Christmas indeed.

I might just put it straight under the christmas tree, pretend Santa gave it to me so I can forget AU ever existed.
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 23rd 2002, 4:56 am

lance wrote:Doesn't just make you feel better thinking about having those, to keep?

Try it again with me

Feel better? I do :D As people here receive their DVD sets from Amazon, Best Buy, (AU-?), etc. maybe it would be nice to post here the infinite fun you have watching the episodes and sharing that joy with your fellow MSCL fan.
It will definitely be truly great to get the DVD set! :D

Only thing is, my machine is broken. I need that $115 AU stole from me to help buy a new DVD player! :?
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:25 am

Yeah, I've really been focussing on that - I've seen all the episodes once, but then my own personal MSCL Tragedy struck. Yes, I left my tape of episodes 13-19 lying around in the living room (clearly marked, mind) and MY OWN FATHER taped over it (some science fiction film). :evil: :evil: The worst thing? I got the blame. Yes, me. Apparently, I'm not permitted to leave my possessions in the living room.

So, I cannot wait to see those episodes again. I've been living off 1-12 for years...

And the best thing? My birthday's in late November. With a little luck and some speedy international shipping, I'll have them by then!

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

arnesbarnes
Tino

Post by arnesbarnes » Oct 23rd 2002, 6:38 am

Hey! My birthday is late November too - the 25th to be precise, and I'm really hoping they turn up as a birthday present. Albeit a very expensive birthday present to myself.

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:22 am

Mine's the 23rd!

Here's hoping....

:D

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:38 am

I will be like a four year old on Christmas morning when those DVDs arrive at my doorstep, all wide-eyed and ecstatic!!!

I can't wait!!!!!! :D :D :D

Crystal-clear DVDs, surround sound on my living room speakers. Ahhhhhhh......Jordan Catalano and Angela Chase on my television, in my world.

8)
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

zedhead
Nicky Driscoll

Post by zedhead » Oct 23rd 2002, 10:52 am

starbug wrote:Yeah, I've really been focussing on that - I've seen all the episodes once, but then my own personal MSCL Tragedy struck. Yes, I left my tape of episodes 13-19 lying around in the living room (clearly marked, mind) and MY OWN FATHER taped over it
:cry:
Two words for everyone with MSCL videos at home...TAB OUT :!:

I was so paranoid about a similar situation arising in my casa I pulled the tabs out of the tapes as soon as they filled up. Trust me, it lowers stress and anxiety levels way way way down.

The other day I watched the last three eps...how could the networks have left us hanging there... :twisted: evil!

How much money would I have to give to Winnie to write a 10 years on script :?: :idea: :!:
Why are you like this? Like what? Like how you are. How am I? How am I!?