Movie Poop Shoot. 1st Installment of MSCL DVD article.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Post by foolishoptimist » Oct 22nd 2002, 11:47 pm

"We wanted to put bonus commentary tracks on the discs," Rosenfeld remembers. "To do that probably would have delayed us another half a year in clearances."

That's how long they've bloodywell taken!!!
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 23rd 2002, 4:33 am

kriddyboo wrote:I think if more people had been aware back when it aired it would have never been cancelled.
I've always considered cancelling the show when it hadn't been given much of a chance, the biggest programming screwup i've seen by the network.

Given a proper airing it would have been a hit.

:x
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 23rd 2002, 4:47 am

Crap! :shock:

The Poop Shoot article brings back memories from the start of this project and how great it should have been.
:(
Been a member since sometime BR (before Ross)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 23rd 2002, 7:58 am

So-Called Loon wrote:Crap! :shock:

The Poop Shoot article brings back memories from the start of this project and how great it should have been.
:(
That is exactly how I felt when I read it. There weird thing is this: the final installment is due on Monday, Oct 28. It's not like this will resolved on that date. They might need a follow-up one day.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:35 pm

In the article it t'was wrote:“One of my employees, who is heavily into DVD has got the software to do it, and the first thing he wanted to do was, ‘Hey, can we do some original material for this and make our own DVD for it?’” Rojek says.
Um...was this supposed to describe Justin?

And, is this how it actually was back then, or when Ross gave this account was he rewriting history to make it fit what ended up happening?
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:37 pm

hmmm movie poop shoot.com wasn't that the site in "Jay and silent bob strike back"?????

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:54 pm

yup.

wend74
Overlooked Sibling

Post by wend74 » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:57 pm

ha didn't realise it was a real site...cool cheers will check it out :)

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 23rd 2002, 6:29 pm

I think it became a real website after the movie, not sure though.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 23rd 2002, 6:33 pm

They told me it was originally made for the movie, kind of like a marketing vehicle. Then the goal was to turn it into a real entertainment news site. I think the article is great.

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 23rd 2002, 8:57 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:They told me it was originally made for the movie, kind of like a marketing vehicle. Then the goal was to turn it into a real entertainment news site.
Jason, that's my understanding as well.
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 23rd 2002, 10:40 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:They told me it was originally made for the movie, kind of like a marketing vehicle. Then the goal was to turn it into a real entertainment news site. I think the article is great.
That is what happened. They set it up as sort of a joke before the movie came out, posted all sorts of anti-Kevin Smith items on it and then had the trailer for JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK on it to prove it was a joke.

After the film came out, they decided to turn it into a sort of AINT IT COOL NEWS type site.

ChrisRyall
Tino

Wee-e-elll...you're mostly right...kinda...

Post by ChrisRyall » Oct 26th 2002, 1:20 pm

moviezzz wrote:That is what happened. They set it up as sort of a joke before the movie came out, posted all sorts of anti-Kevin Smith items on it and then had the trailer for JAY AND SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK on it to prove it was a joke.

After the film came out, they decided to turn it into a sort of AINT IT COOL NEWS type site.
The site name WAS originally set up as a joke in the movie, yes. But it was only in June of this year when Kevin asked me to run it as a REAL entertainment news site -- you're right so far. I just wanted to say that we try hard NOT to be like AICN -- there's already too much competitiveness and 'Net fighting out there, and I like Harry and Moriarty. So we've tried hard to stay away from unsolicited movie reviews and spoilers and all their stock-in-trade. Instead, we try to offer the most inside "poop" on movies, comics, music, all of that, as well as daily news and columns.

Splitting hairs, I guess, I just wanted to be clear that we're not trying to go after AICN. Plus, all of our stuff is edited and proofread! :)

Glad you're all enjoying what Derek's done with the MSCL article so far--I also think it's a great behind-the-scenes look at this whole project. You never really think about what goes into getting these DVDs put together.

If I can also throw in a shameless plug for what else Derek does on the site, check out the left-hand column image of a movie poster. He does this thing called CRITICAL MESS where he compiles real review quotes, the bad (and funny) ones, about movies, and makes a "real" movie poster out of them. It's pretty damn funny.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Part 3 of MSC DVD on Monday, with new input from Ross.
Chris
Editor-in-Chief
http://www.MoviePoopShoot.com

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: Wee-e-elll...you're mostly right...kinda...

Post by mephisto » Oct 26th 2002, 2:36 pm

ChrisRyall wrote:Part 3 of MSC DVD on Monday, with new input from Ross.
new contest: give us some fake RR quotes (as real as possible) and win a great AU gift certificate!

RR: "I'm a golden God"
RR: "I'm very sorry for using your money for my villa on the Caymans"

oh well, I didn't even try very hard. But I'm sure YOU will have some almost real quotes!
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***