OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE OCTOBER 21ST!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
neal
Jody Barsh

Post by neal » Oct 22nd 2002, 3:39 pm

kriddyboo wrote: I refuse to fund their dishonesty. I cancelled my order last night. Not for the $30 odd dollars I saved, but for the principle. I refuse to be abused as a customer!

We all deserve more.
I agree with all of your observations and logic. I also think that since we have so many people united in our ill treatment by AU (with Jason leading the charge) that we may actually get somewhere.

Personally I am pretty spineless. I have tried to go up against Sprint PCS reps and shady Auto Mechanics, but in the end I get frustrated and don't want to waste anymore brain power or energy on the issue. I normally end up eating the loss. But that also doesn't mean that I haven't had positive customer service with other companies.

Anyway, I plan on spreading the word to my pals not to use AU and I plan to recount the incident to whomever will listen. Maybe alone it wouldn't do any good, but together we can make a difference. (Wow, that was inspirational. Kinda like a Public Service Announcement) :)

Kriddyboo thanks for the compliment about my quote below. It was one of my favorites as well. Me and my sis say it all the time. WE ARE DYING TO WATCH THE DVDs! THE BLUE AND RED VHS sets have been calling my name, but I am staying strong. I will not watch unless its in disc format. :) Its good to know in the end most all of us have a positive common interest: we wanna watch MSCL!
No one should hate... who they are.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 22nd 2002, 4:13 pm

Shlugen wrote:Except that I haven't cancelled and I never received the email. Grrr...I'll probably end up with nothing at the end of this entire fiasco. :roll:
I didn't get the mail either, so I called. And Wade told me that my order is ok.
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

tengrand
Nicky Driscoll

Post by tengrand » Oct 22nd 2002, 4:19 pm

mephisto wrote: I didn't get the mail either, so I called. And Wade told me that my order is ok.
Same. I'm actually kinda stoked. Granted I only paid once.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Absolutely amazing...

Post by lance » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:12 pm

I just finished reading this thread and all I have so say is absolutely amazing. First let me say that I have already cancelled my order, not received a refund, re-ordered through Amazon and have not received an E-mail from AU. Now that is out of the way...

KrokRos, your belief in AUs promise to ship on time rivals Don Quixote's. I wish you well and sincerely hope that AU does FINALLY, ship all of what has been promised to you and the many others who have not cancelled their orders yet :D I also hope that all refunds (including mine) do finally get sent. A naive hope perhaps, but hope none the less.

As for moviezzz and doublebilled...

(Quote from page 1:)

I realize you are trying to distance yourself from them, but all this hostility isn't helping anyone. The wait is finally over, we know we can get it cheaper elsewhere but some are sticking with the original order.
Your combined assault on Jason is absolutely amazing. My jaw dropped on that one. Eveyone's got a right to their opinion, but perhaps you go too far. As I have said in previous posts I have not had in person or phone contact with the "personalities" involved: Jason, Ross, Gord, et al.
However, I have received regular contact and updates from Jason. This has not been the case with AU or Ross. Countless times others in this forum have pointed out that one should not expect this kind of treatment from any other reputable retailer. The current situation is just sad, somewhat entertaining, but sad.

Speaking of going too far...
If you and other Jason detractors believe that just because AU finally sent out an e-mail (again) that people will finally get the long awaited DVDs, lunchbox and bonus disc, have I got a deal for you!

"Right for a limited time only I will sell you any of the five beautiful (slightly used) bridges leading into Cincinnati, Ohio! (Ohhhh) That's right just send me five easy payments of $115.00 and you will receive one of these fine bridges at some non disclosed time in the distant future (Ahhhh).

That's right, but wait there is more. Call within the next ten minutes and you will receive this set of ginsu knives!"

:roll:

Lance Man

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:38 pm

Hope springs eternal - and in this case, it is manifested in dollar bills that line AU's pockets.

:evil:

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Re: Absolutely amazing...

Post by moviezzz » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:55 pm

lance wrote:

I realize you are trying to distance yourself from them, but all this hostility isn't helping anyone. The wait is finally over, we know we can get it cheaper elsewhere but some are sticking with the original order.
Your combined assault on Jason is absolutely amazing. My jaw dropped on that one. Eveyone's got a right to their opinion, but perhaps you go too far. As I have said in previous posts I have not had in person or phone contact with the "personalities" involved: Jason, Ross, Gord, et al.
However, I have received regular contact and updates from Jason. This has not been the case with AU or Ross. Countless times others in this forum have pointed out that one should not expect this kind of treatment from any other reputable retailer. The current situation is just sad, somewhat entertaining, but sad.

If you and other Jason detractors believe that just because AU finally sent out an e-mail (again) that people will finally get the long awaited DVDs, lunchbox and bonus disc, have I got a deal for you!
Hi Lance,

I'm sorry if that seemed to be an "assault" on Jason. I didn't mean it that way. Jason has been great through the whole thing.

I was just upset with the tone of a couple of Jason's posts, being overly antagonistic and seemingly trying to incite hostility. He later apologized for this.

The Email was news that the discs should be shipping soon and, for those of us stuck with AU for the remainder of the long ride, it was *a good thing*.

I'm not defending AU or attacking Jason. I just don't want to see things getting any worse. Yes, we know they are a bad company and I'm sure none of us will ever order from them again, but we didn't need the founder of the project to continue to pour gasoline on the fire as it was starting to go out.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Absolutely amazing...

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 7:00 pm

I don't know if it was throwing gasoline fire or not. However, before the ultimatum BMG and GWhiz were not paid. Now they are. I think that everybody had a right to be angry that the delay in payment was holding things up.

I think that the Monday October, 28 ultimatum can be equally fruitful for the many hundreds of people waiting for credit card corrections or refunds.
moviezzz wrote:
lance wrote:

Hi Lance,

I'm sorry if that seemed to be an "assault" on Jason. I didn't mean it that way. Jason has been great through the whole thing.

I was just upset with the tone of a couple of Jason's posts, being overly antagonistic and seemingly trying to incite hostility. He later apologized for this.

The Email was news that the discs should be shipping soon and, for those of us stuck with AU for the remainder of the long ride, it was *a good thing*.

I'm not defending AU or attacking Jason. I just don't want to see things getting any worse. Yes, we know they are a bad company and I'm sure none of us will ever order from them again, but we didn't need the founder of the project to continue to pour gasoline on the fire as it was starting to go out.

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Oct 22nd 2002, 8:41 pm

Well, I am double billed. And still have not recvd the refund. I have called Au 3 times now, always to be told "you are flagged for credit when they run that process".

I have not cancelled. I want to, but I can't. I want the Lunch Box and the Bonus disc. It's the only reason I ordered this set. I have them all on tape. But the SET man, the SET! Thats where it's at! :)

So now, I sit and wait see what happens. The email they sent out yesterday says they will ship the the Lunch box and bonus disc. I will see. If they don't, then the notices on lawyer letterhead start going out and uncle Visa gets into it.

Technically, the only thing AU is guilty of is shipping late. Everything else is inside info that might happen everywhere, we just never hear about it. Hey, I'm an optimistic guy.

Thats my state of the union.

DB

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 8:45 pm

I hope that you don't work somewhere where this kind of "inside info" is the norm. :shock:

But, I'll hand it to you, you are a heck of a lot more patient than I am. I do hope that you have, at least, submitted your double bill to the drygrass.com site. At least then you will know if anybody is looking at it.
DoubleBilled wrote:
Technically, the only thing AU is guilty of is shipping late. Everything else is inside info that might happen everywhere, we just never hear about it. Hey, I'm an optimistic guy.

DB

special_k
Yearbook Team
Location: Closer to here than there, in the land between dreaming and waking...

Post by special_k » Oct 23rd 2002, 1:11 am

optimistic or on crack? seriously, what the bloody hell is it with those who are so quick to turn a blind eye to the wrong rojek & co have done? in doing so, you have told them that possible criminal activity is more than fine as long as a bone or two are tossed out to the victims. that's just wrong. do what you want, but pull your heads out of the sand.

-kassandra
DoubleBilled wrote: Technically, the only thing AU is guilty of is shipping late. Everything else is inside info that might happen everywhere, we just never hear about it. Hey, I'm an optimistic guy.

Thats my state of the union.

DB
"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong, and those are the ones that change your life."

Jessie, "Once and Again"

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 23rd 2002, 2:27 am

special_k wrote:optimistic or on crack?
Or an agent of AU trying to do damage control? I haven't seen "Cate" around here lately, and we've seen this type of "I'm one of you, but AU isn't all that bad, maybe it's [insert involved party as long as it isn't AU here]'s fault. Give AU a break."

If you had money stolen from you, and not returned, I don't care if you have 50 "daughters" waiting to see the set. You would want your money back. And who has it? Not Jason, not authorize.net, not BMG, not OLS, not G-Whiz, not Bedford Falls, not MSCL.com, not MTV, not the Museum of TV and Radio. And if it wasn't for Jason's contant pressuring of AU to pay for the discs and pay for the lunchboxes all of AU's remaning customers might be waiting *a lot* longer for your goods. Remember, time = money and the longer that AU holds on to your money (obtained legally or illegally) it's earning interest for them somewhere.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 23rd 2002, 4:04 am

andrewgd wrote:Did ANYONE else get this email?
Sure did. 2 copies! And i wasn't impressed.

I want my bloody money!
Last edited by So-Called Loon on Oct 23rd 2002, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nester
Tino

Post by nester » Oct 23rd 2002, 12:54 pm

john wrote:I never got an email either. If I don't get one by tonight, I'm calling tomorrow.
i haven't recieved the last few emails.. but I figured with all the confusion and stuff going on that it wasn't worth complaining about now. i just check the mscl.com/dvd.php and au/mscldvd pages like every freakin' day. :roll:

*yawn*

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Oct 23rd 2002, 8:38 pm

Well, I can assure you Im not on crack.

And I can also assure you I'm not an 'agent', for Gods sakes, you paranoid J.O.

Just because I feel different about this than you doesn't mean I work for the enemy,. I have filled out every Dry Grasss AU FBI FCC BBB form I can find. I just want

1 My refund for my double charge
2 Bonus Disc
3. Lunch Box
4 DVD set.

And I don't want to have to cut off heads and lead people to the cooler to get them. So I relax. I suggest some of you do the same. If I am wronged, when this is over, then I will pick up my sword and stab the first M'er F'er I see.

But until that day......chill friends. Chill!

DB

Lietuva
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Lietuva » Oct 24th 2002, 12:18 pm

I would like to know howcome these jerks at another universe NEVER send me any of these updates in email?????

I just pray that I get my refund back.