OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE OCTOBER 21ST!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
neal
Jody Barsh

Post by neal » Oct 21st 2002, 8:12 pm

Megs wrote:
KrokRos wrote:Yeah, I'm starting to wonder. Maybe I'm the only one still with an order at AU :P
Nope. I still have an order with them and I got the e-mail. :)
I still have my order in also and I got the email today. But I haven't had a double charge credited back.

It sounds like we will get our DVDs a few days ahead of amazon.com orders and others if everything goes according to plan. But what are the chances? I keep imagining getting my DVDs in the mail and then finding out that I have 3 discs of the "So-Called Angels" episode, 2 Buffalo Tom's "big red letter day" CDs, and one Thundercats Special Edition DVD. :) But lets hope I am wrong.

By the way here is the list of other emails I received from AU...

June 10, 2002 - MSCL- DVD Production Update (An update from Jason technically not AU).
Sept 6, 2002 - MSCL DVD UPDATE.
Oct 21, 2002 - At Long Last, My So-Called LIfe Will be Shipping.
No one should hate... who they are.

heater_05
Three Rivers Resident

Post by heater_05 » Oct 21st 2002, 8:44 pm

Well for some reason I got it twice. I was charged twice, but I was credited.

Very strange. :?
"It just goes to show you, if it's not one thing it's another, but it's always something!"

Roseanne Roseannadanna

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Oct 21st 2002, 8:53 pm

neal wrote: I keep imagining getting my DVDs in the mail and then finding out that I have 3 discs of the "So-Called Angels" episode, 2 Buffalo Tom's "big red letter day" CDs, and one Thundercats Special Edition DVD. :) But lets hope I am wrong.
:shock: There was a Thundercats Special Edition DVD?!

I was about to post that I had not received the email, then decided to sign back in and check again, just to be sure, and holy crud, there it was! I'm still almost positive I should cancel though. :?

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Post by moviezzz » Oct 21st 2002, 9:34 pm

hollis27 wrote:moviezzz -
Did you just order the set and happen upon this board yesterday or what? I think I speak for everyone here when I say that until we are watching the DVDs and have our money back, it's far from bloody over.

Secondly, Jason's right. There is no news there.
Jason was the person who told us earlier that the DVDs would be shipping from BMG on Friday or Monday, and to allow a few days for them to get to AU. Hence, we (the people who trust Jason, and are going by experience in that department) already knew that.
Hi Hollis,

I didn't mean to say the mess was over. Just that the constant attacks on AU, sniping at every bit of good news out there (like the lunchbox being paid for), isn't going to help matters.

We all know how screwed up AU has been, but for those of us who haven't cancelled the orders, we shouldn't have this rare good news spoiled.

I ordered the discs at the very beginning, was charged a month later and stayed with them through all the delays. I've since paid off that card and don't even remember what card I used so cancelling isn't an option for me. I'm going to wait it out. I'm not happy, but mocking every bit of good news isn't going to make the discs get here faster.

As for the news, this was the first most have heard ANYTHING from AU in months. The majority of people who ordered it do not visit this site. This is the first they are hearing of it. That is news in my book. The fact that AU is willing to put into words and send out an email to everyone who ordered, rather than just posting it here, is a major development.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 21st 2002, 9:39 pm

andrewgd wrote:Did ANYONE else get this email?
I got the email. But when I check with the time when the email arrived my email box, it showed a time several hours later than the time of KrokRos' first post in this thread. I'm not sure it's the time for email routing or AU sent email in different period, but I think those fans who haven't receive te email yet may receive the email by now or several hours later.

Anyway, after no official contact with customer, AU finally update us by email.
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

Jim
Overlooked Sibling

e-mail from Another Universe

Post by Jim » Oct 21st 2002, 9:50 pm

I got two copies of the e-mail, four hours apart. Which is weird, because I was not double-charged.

Jim
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

moviezzz
Overlooked Sibling

Re: e-mail from Another Universe

Post by moviezzz » Oct 21st 2002, 10:01 pm

Jim wrote:I got two copies of the e-mail, four hours apart. Which is weird, because I was not double-charged.

Jim
Maybe THAT is what they are doing. Sending each of us two sets. One for us, one to Ebay.

That would even things up. :D

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Post by MadMichael » Oct 21st 2002, 10:10 pm

Jim wrote:I got two copies of the e-mail, four hours apart. Which is weird, because I was not double-charged.

Jim
Same here, I received two copies of the e-mail, and have had no problems with overcharges to my credit card.

Now I'm wondering if I'll get only episodes 4-19, which was what I ordered and was charged for, or if I'll get a full set...I have not seen any mention of the abbreviated set recently...
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

MadMichael
Overlooked Sibling

Post by MadMichael » Oct 21st 2002, 10:11 pm

Jim
Same here, I received two copies of the e-mail, and have had no problems with overcharges to my credit card.

Now I'm wondering if I'll get only episodes 4-19, which was what I ordered and was charged for, or if I'll get a full set...I have not seen any mention of the abbreviated set recently...

Sorry about the double post, my browser did it, I swear!! :roll:
Last edited by MadMichael on Oct 21st 2002, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MadMichael -- '02 FXDXT
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I
am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2002, 10:18 pm

MadMichael wrote:Same here, I received two copies of the e-mail, and have had no problems with overcharges to my credit card.
and two copies of the post :wink:

neal
Jody Barsh

Post by neal » Oct 21st 2002, 11:45 pm

MadMichael wrote:Same here, I received two copies of the e-mail, and have had no problems with overcharges to my credit card.
I received 2 copies of the email and I WAS double-charged and have yet to receive a credit.
No one should hate... who they are.

DoubleBilled
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DoubleBilled » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:27 am

I appreciate and respect Jason and his commitment to this project from the onset......BUT...as of a few weeks ago he has made me uncomfortable and made me wonder if his 'continued negative involvement' may have hindered some part of this cluster F.

Saying he's "officially breaking ties" with AU when he has admitted he has no contract. There were no ties to break. Saying he's going to "pay the fans" this $25,000 he is still owed. Dude, keep it, its your money. What could you do for all of us, buy us a pack of Zingers? (raspberry with the coconut on top)

Part of me feels that if Jason had just kept with the part of "Captain Information" instead of this new "Captain Propaganda", we might have had a faster, better resolution to this.

DB

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 12:32 am

Propaganda? :) You do realize that many customers have still not received refunds and that numerous vendors still have not been paid, right?

Actually, let me rephrase that. What isn't propaganda? Is marketing propaganda? If it is, then why was propaganda ok when I was in marketer mode whereas it is not now? :P

Is your name doublebilled for a reason, or not? As of 10/19 you were still double billed. How did pressuring payment to BMG disincentivise payment? That was a serious deadline. If the money was not paid things would have been much worse than just a few people criticizing me online. By paying BMG, AU averted a major catastrophe, and I am grateful for that (I just wish it could have happened much earlier). Maybe some pressure will get your double bill corrected.

BTW, a contract does not have to be written. I have enough promises of payment via email to be admitted as proof. The $25,000 is not propaganda. It should be returned to customers. It is a lot of money. I am not the one to refund it because it is not in my possession.

I don't want to collect it from AU because I cannot waste my time trying to collect from them. There are many other vendors and freelancers who never saw a dime despite winning judgements against AU in court. However, I don't want AU.com to keep the $ either.

The fairest resolution is to refund it to customers or to put it into a trust to fund a convention. That's not propaganda. That's me not wanting to deal with them any longer.

And people not cancelling because they are afraid they won't see the money? WHAT is up with that? Do you think that you would accept that with any other retailer? :roll:

I am sorry, a lunchbox is cool and all, but not worth getting held over a barrel. Neither is $25,000. We all make our own decisions for our own reasons. I chose time with my wife over $25,000. It was a good trade.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Post by mephisto » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:02 am

Anakin wrote:I got the email. But when I check with the time when the email arrived my email box, it showed a time several hours later than the time of KrokRos' first post in this thread.
I didn't get it yet - and it's almost 10 hours since the this thread was opened

oh well, I guess I have to call AU again today
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 22nd 2002, 3:27 am

I also got 2 copies of the e-mail.