OFFICIAL E-MAIL FROM ANOTHER UNIVERSE OCTOBER 21ST!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 22nd 2002, 3:34 am

Me 2

:wink:

william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Post by william bloke » Oct 22nd 2002, 4:30 am

Simply....amazing.
I'm having a difficult time trying to understand how some of you are still defending the actions(or shall we say "non-actions") of AU thus far and their business practices.
I've canelled my order with AU, not just because of their failed promise of delivery, but it was the right thing to do. I've concluded that it is ethically WRONG to continue business with this company and I will NOT support these kinds of deceptive ploys.
Perhaps some of you have not cancelled orders with AU in hopes of reaping the "spoils of war" in the form of "material gratuities".
Hey, I don't know about you but, even if AU sends me the set for free(along with a hundred lunch boxes), I would never accept such a cheap proposition by this disgusting business entity.
And if I ever do, I'd be ashamed to call myself an American.
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 22nd 2002, 5:21 am

William - Have you recieved a refund to the cancellation?

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2002, 5:45 am

What's up with this?

I didn't get that email. I've cancelled my order, so I guess that's quite reassuring but there is still no credit to refund me.

I've had every mass mail from them... I'm concerned now that they will state that I've cancelled, and not refund me my money.

Time for another call to Wade...

:cry:

---------------------------------------------
http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 22nd 2002, 5:55 am

I suppose those who have cancelled their order wont get the e-mail. That's not so weird.

william bloke
Nicky Driscoll

Post by william bloke » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:16 am

I have not received my refund yet and something tells me that I will not for a while.
At this point, I don't care if I receive a refund from them. If my money isn't refunded and this results in a catastrophic failure for Mr. Rojek and AU, I don't want my money back.
Even if, somehow, AU regains their exclusive status for the DVD set, I still wouldn't buy from them. I'd rather dwell in my memories of the show and never own this DVD set, than to fork-over my money to this jerk!
This is NOT how we do business in America!
"Really? Do you think she did? Really? You think she siliconed her lips? Really?"

starbug
Lifehead

Post by starbug » Oct 22nd 2002, 6:23 am

Well, no, in normal circumstances it wouldn't be weird at all, KokRos but this is AU we're talking about. :D

The mythical 'accounting department' have obviously not got round to crediting me yet... I'm a little worried I'll just get 'lost' in the mass of refunds they owe people.

It's not how anybody should be doing business, especially in the US where the reputation for customer service is second to none. :)

http://www.urban-hills.blogspot.com

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 8:29 am

I'm sorry if people think that my posts have become negative or inappropriate or whatever. I just think that in order to get this retailer to do what they are supposed to do, they have to be pressured to do it.

Double charging people and not giving people a refund is also negative and inappropriate.

I am sure that some people think that by my moves to force them to refund double charges and cancellations that I am somehow making things more complicated, but just remember who we are dealing with here. In so many cases, people were double billed back in June or July. It is not like they were so efficient before, and now we are making things more difficult for them.

I'd rather have people with refunds accusing me of being a total jackass than people who have been double billed.

mwb
Tino

Post by mwb » Oct 22nd 2002, 9:07 am

I canceled my order yesterday morning.

I was not overcharged.

I received two of the same emails from AU, 4 hours apart (at 20:32 and 00:32)

Not sure what it all means...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 22nd 2002, 9:09 am

They probably sent it twice. Either that, or they had a lot of duplicates on their email list.

neal
Jody Barsh

Post by neal » Oct 22nd 2002, 9:54 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: And people not cancelling because they are afraid they won't see the money? WHAT is up with that? Do you think that you would accept that with any other retailer? :roll:
Jason,

I agree with you that it is ridiculous for us to consider not cancelling because we don't feel we would get our money back. I also agree that we should not accept that with ANY retailer.

Personally I just want to minimize my losses and wait to see what happens. If I get the DVDs from AU on or about the same time as other retailers (amazon, etc.) then I will be happy whether or not I get any other stuff like the lunchbox. At this point I don't want to worry about the other $30 some odd dollars I would have saved if I ordered elsewhere. I am even tempted to ask that they send me 2 sets of discs to account for my double charge but I am worried that I will end up getting Quadruple charged!

I have been reading this forum because I am involved in the matter and its a bit entertaining, but I am not reading it because I am really worried about the money. I am sure most feel the same way and really just want AU to do the job they were paid for. That is only my opinion.

Jason, I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to answer and monitor this forum. I've noticed that you have been diligent in responding to questions and concerns.

Lastly, I wanted to say that I think some of the projects I have worked on would look like a train wreck if my clients got to peak into everyday details. In any project there are things that pop up that you can't account for. Jason, I am sure you know this and I just want to say that I feel for you dawg. There is only so much you can know about a vendor before you strike a deal.

One last dig on AU before I leave, does anyone out there think that AU will be able to ship the discs to us without totally messing everything up? Does anyone really think they will get the addresses or names right? :)
No one should hate... who they are.

foolishoptimist
Three Rivers Resident

Only Another Universe.

Post by foolishoptimist » Oct 22nd 2002, 10:32 am

What the hell is wrong with this company? It's just like the charging thing all over again.
There are people for whom everything has gone properly(kinda) they've been charged once the proper amount, just as there are people who've recieved the email, once.
There are people who paid the deposit but who were not charged the remainder along with everybody else, just as there are people who've not received the email at all.
Then there are people who've been double/triple charged, just as some people have been sent the email twice.

At least they're consistent.
The sun's outside the window trying to show us we're all being stupid. All you have to do is look around.

Megs
Lifehead

Post by Megs » Oct 22nd 2002, 1:06 pm

I also received the e-mail twice. I'm just sayin'. :roll:
"I have all these dreams where I know exactly what to say. And you tell me, you know, that you forgive me."

kriddyboo
Three Rivers Resident

Post by kriddyboo » Oct 22nd 2002, 2:50 pm

I paid, got double charged and still no email.

I really am starting to feel left out...

As for people keeping their order with AU for ANY reason, I ask why. I have boycotted many stores for much less. (OK people say I am WAY too sensitive). Nobody deserved to get shitty customer service. I used to work customer service (God help me) at Citibank. If we EVER had any disrespect to a customer we were termed immediately!

I ask you, why should any of us expect less for our money. We all deserve to be treated fairly. $100+ dollars is a lot of money to most people. We trusted AU. They f**ked us all. The hold up wasn't BMG or G-WHIZ. It was AU. AU who has had over a quarter of a million dollars of OUR hard earned money for 7 months.

I refuse to fund their dishonesty. I cancelled my order last night. Not for the $30 odd dollars I saved, but for the principle. I refuse to be abused as a customer!

We all deserve more.

"It can't rain all the time"

BTW Neil.. Love your quote. That line was my favorite of the show by far!

Shlugen
Tino

Post by Shlugen » Oct 22nd 2002, 3:17 pm

KrokRos wrote:I suppose those who have cancelled their order wont get the e-mail.
Except that I haven't cancelled and I never received the email. Grrr...I'll probably end up with nothing at the end of this entire fiasco. :roll:
Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someones neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what is that thing?