Credit Card Refunds. Ross speaks.

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Credit Card Refunds. Ross speaks.

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 4:21 pm

There have been a large number of cancellation requests and requests for double charge refunds. Even though I have pulled my company out of this project, I am remaining very hands-on until EVERY LAST PERSON gets their double charges and cancellations credited back by AnotherUniverse.com.

I just received an email response from Ross Rojek, and since he has not posted here in quite some time, I figured I would share the email.

Ross wrote:
I just checked with Mike. He has processed everything up through Friday, but didn't make it as processed (because you kept pointing out that when he was taking the information out and using it in a spread sheet you didn't want it marked processed until it had actually been dealt with.)

He will be going through everything else today.

I responded:
I will mass mail each customer that submitted a request to be on the lookout for a refund. if they don't receive it within 7 days i am instructing them to report to IFCC.

--------------
Please note: I hope that this is true. However, I just don't believe that AU have turned over a new leaf since last week. I will be mass mailing all people who requested credits at the end of 7 days to see if this is true.

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: Credit Card Refunds. Ross speaks.

Post by phelix » Oct 21st 2002, 6:14 pm

Jason Rosenfeld wrote: Please note: I hope that this is true.
Yea, but deep down, you know it's not :(

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Credit Card Refunds. Ross speaks.

Post by Jason R » Oct 21st 2002, 6:29 pm

It had better be true. I simply set an alarm in Outlook 2002. On next Monday I mass mail all customers who submitted requests to the site. If no refunds, I will ask them to report to IFCC.

Lurker1999
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Lurker1999 » Oct 21st 2002, 6:59 pm

How's that old adage? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Double charge and original charge disputed? Done. Attorney general sent a written letter? Done. Reported to the IFCC website? Done.

Money in hand. That I'll believe, everything else is lies.

neppie
Nicky Driscoll

Really Confused Bad

Post by neppie » Oct 21st 2002, 7:14 pm

Wait. I was double charged but did not submit a request to the drygrass site. Is that the "master list" that AU is using? I'd assumed they were at least competent enough to know who they double charged and did not use the form. What about all of those over charged who don't follow the goings-on here?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Really Confused Bad

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2002, 7:18 pm

neppie wrote:What about all of those over charged who don't follow the goings-on here?
They're screwed because AU is not going to do a whole lot of extra work to give money back to people who haven't noticed it's missing (despite their claims that they are "double checking" every single order).

Denie
Between Names

Re: Really Confused Bad

Post by Denie » Oct 21st 2002, 7:25 pm

neppie wrote:Wait. I was double charged but did not submit a request to the drygrass site. Is that the "master list" that AU is using? I'd assumed they were at least competent enough to know who they double charged and did not use the form. What about all of those over charged who don't follow the goings-on here?
The words AU and competent are never used in the same sentence around here. Those who don't know about this forum are left completely in the dark about the on-going problems with this project. (Sad, isn’t it.) In another thread there is a discussion about the unfortunate fact that AU either can’t or won’t send out e-mail confirmations to those who have cancelled.
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

DrLemonBurn
Three Rivers Resident

Post by DrLemonBurn » Oct 21st 2002, 7:34 pm

They're screwed because AU is not going to do a whole lot of extra work to give money back to people who haven't noticed it's missing (despite their claims that they are "double checking" every single order).
Considering the extent to which they're "backed up" right now, I think that what's happening is that whoever's in charge of dealing with the overcharges (if such a person exists) reads an e-mail, and deals with the overcharge. Then he switches back to his e-mail program, sees the same e-mail, and, thinking that it's a new one, deals with that overcharge (which doesn't exist anymore, which makes him mad at the customer who complained). Then he switches back to his e-mail program, sees the same e-mail, and, thinking that it's a new one, deals with that overcharge (which doesn't exist anymore, which makes him mad...

So in effect, he's double-checking the same order over and over again.
so says Sparx.

So-Called Loon
Angela's best friend

Post by So-Called Loon » Oct 23rd 2002, 5:35 am

DrLemonBurn wrote:Considering the extent to which they're "backed up" right now, I think that what's happening is...
Oh, yeah! They're "backed up" alright! Clear to their eyeballs! :x

dTheater
Liberty High Graduate

Post by dTheater » Oct 23rd 2002, 11:13 pm

Since Ross has been asking for months for people to e-mail him at ross@anotheruniverse.com to cancel an order or a doube charge issue and he made a specific request for it, shouldn't he actually be reading his e-mail? Has anyone recieved a response from him since the 21st?
- Jim

Kaytee Bodle: Girl With Guitar
http://girlwithguitar.0catch.com (audio, video, tabs, lyrics, etc.)

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 23rd 2002, 11:19 pm

Oh, you thought he was going to read them? He is just trying to collect emails so he can sell them for the electrons.

pinkchimney
Overlooked Sibling

Post by pinkchimney » Oct 24th 2002, 4:16 am

If I cancelled this past Sunday, should I have expected to hear from Ross or AU yet. i want to confirm my cancellation b4 i order from amazon.

thanks

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 24th 2002, 7:51 am

Report it to your credit card. Make sure it was reported here:
http://www.drygrass.com/mscl

There are still people waiting for refunds from July. Be very aggressive in fighting these charges.