Another Universe and Ridiculous Responses

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
theCurteye
Frozen Embryo

Another Universe and Ridiculous Responses

Post by theCurteye » Oct 21st 2002, 1:55 pm

I called and canceled the other day, and Wade was fantastically nice. He obliterated any worries I had about my refund and I hung up satisfied. However, when I called back to confirm a few days later, he told me that the refunds would take at least several weeks to be processed. I then asked him for a confirmation email.

He asked me if I had a fax. I told him that I didn't, and he sounded surprised and said "Well, we've generated a fax for that purpose."

"Well, I don't have a fax"

"Well, I'm not sure if we can do anything for you then" !!!!

"You can type out 'we are confirming your order' and send it to me"

"The reason we are faxing is our email system is backed up with five hundred emails for people canceling, ordering, and tryign to uncancel their cancels, and it's really hard on us when everyone is backing out of their deal." At this point I wanted to scream.

I finally said "Listen, an email is fairly standard. Don't check incoming mail and the backup won't matter, and just send me a confirmation."
Wade's response "Well, I'm going to pass it along and see if anyone can find time to do it for you. I have five other calls waiting. Goodbye"
Hurry up and release our f***ing money, you morons!

phelix
Yearbook Team

Re: Another Universe and Ridiculous Responses

Post by phelix » Oct 21st 2002, 2:11 pm

theCurteye wrote:However, when I called back to confirm a few days later, he told me that the refunds would take at least several weeks to be processed. I then asked him for a confirmation email.
More evidence for the criminal investigation. I've gotten refunds within 24 hours from other companies.
"The reason we are faxing is our email system is backed up with five hundred emails for people canceling, ordering, and tryign to uncancel their cancels, and it's really hard on us when everyone is backing out of their deal." At this point I wanted to scream.
It is impossible for incoming email to interfere with outgoing email. They are completely seperate services. 500 emails should take no longer than an hour to download, even over a super crappy analog modem.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 21st 2002, 2:11 pm

To whomever was writing the AU fanfic: You're stuff is really good, but, as my high-school trig teacher used to say, "There's no replacement for creative humor like raw stupidity."

Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction is required to make sense. :lol:

hollis27
Liberty High Student

Post by hollis27 » Oct 21st 2002, 2:11 pm

Bunch of first class idiots down there.

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 21st 2002, 2:17 pm

"The reason we are faxing is our email system is backed up with five hundred emails for people canceling, ordering, and tryign to uncancel their cancels, and it's really hard on us when everyone is backing out of their deal."
Oh, that's right, I *forgot* that AU is the victim here, not the customers. Silly me.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2002, 2:18 pm

Howard wrote:To whomever was writing the AU fanfic: You're stuff is really good, but, as my high-school trig teacher used to say, "There's no replacement for creative humor like raw stupidity."

Truth is stranger than fiction, because fiction is required to make sense. :lol:
Yup - cause those writing teachers are all "hey that is totally illogical" and "where did that loophole come from?" whereas in real life, just when we thought it couldn't get any worse, we shake our heads (and fists) at AU as their story only gets worse and worse.

Sammi
Substitute Teacher

Post by Sammi » Oct 21st 2002, 2:18 pm

Oh and by the way Ross's email is still kicking back all messages sent to him with an automatic response of I'm on the road till Oct. 21. Well isn't today Oct. 21. I guess none of us will be ever hearing from Ross Rojek ever again!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 21st 2002, 2:19 pm

Fedup wrote:
"The reason we are faxing is our email system is backed up with five hundred emails for people canceling, ordering, and tryign to uncancel their cancels, and it's really hard on us when everyone is backing out of their deal."
Oh, that's right, I *forgot* that AU is the victim here, not the customers. Silly me.
Do you hear the collective B-O-O H-O-O?

(think Breakfast Club)

CheapWallpaper
Nicky Driscoll

Post by CheapWallpaper » Oct 21st 2002, 2:39 pm

Actually I have to say one of the responses I got over my t-shirt issues was hilarious (they've charged me $61 when it should have been $20.) When I e-mailed him the order confirmations etc, he emailed me back explaining how I was 'mistaken' about what they said. I can READ Ross!

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2002, 2:39 pm

theCurteye wrote:He asked me if I had a fax. I told him that I didn't, and he sounded surprised and said "Well, we've generated a fax for that purpose."

"Well, I don't have a fax"

"Well, I'm not sure if we can do anything for you then" !!!!
AnotherUniverse.com, the home of cutting edge technology.

I guess that explains why none of our refunds are coming through, they are still using an abacus. Someone send them a calculator please!

Fncking morons over there.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 21st 2002, 2:47 pm

That they can't send an email isn't surprising after having to call them 6 times to get them to email me a receipt of my preorder which wasn't generated when I placed it. Every time I called I was promised that it was no problem, but they still never sent me an email receipt. I finally got them to fax me a receipt but even that took 3 calls.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2002, 2:54 pm

You can have one of mine, they sent me 5 or 6 reciepts in 2 days.... should have known then to cancel....

Zach
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Zach » Oct 21st 2002, 3:52 pm

I called AU today to check on my credit back and I spoke with Ross himself!! I could not belive he actually ansewred the phone. I asked when my money would be credited back to my account...and he was VERY rude with me. He said he wasnt' sure and an email would go out stating a timeframe. I told him I didn't want a timeframe...I wanted the credit done...NOW. He just kept repeating himself...he probably would say anything to get me off the phone. If I had any respect for AU left...that just crushed it.

HeatherK
Nicky Driscoll

Re:

Post by HeatherK » Oct 21st 2002, 5:37 pm

You can sign up for a free trial at efax.com which accepts faxes and sends it to your regualr email if this helps you stick it to these rat bastards.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Re:

Post by fnordboy » Oct 21st 2002, 5:40 pm

HeatherK wrote:You can sign up for a free trial at efax.com which accepts faxes and sends it to your regualr email if this helps you stick it to these rat bastards.
We shouldnt have to bend over backwards to accomodate these people. It is getting ridiculous.

If i knew back when i ordered what i know now i would have paid them in ass pennies.

(first UCB reference on the boards w00t)