Another Universe and Ridiculous Responses

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
HeatherK
Nicky Driscoll

Re:

Post by HeatherK » Oct 21st 2002, 6:01 pm

I just figured that they probably don't expect most people to have fax machines. I mean, really, who sends out order confirmation via fax in this day and age unless you run a business? I just enjoy the evil idea of responding with, "Why yes, here's my fax number!" and confounding these jerks some more.

What's next?

"Sorry we are only able to send out receipts via smoke signals and pony express at this time."

Denie
Between Names

Re:

Post by Denie » Oct 21st 2002, 6:54 pm

HeatherK wrote: What's next?

"Sorry we are only able to send out receipts via smoke signals and pony express at this time."
lol :D
Or maybe they'll try carrier pigeons! Although the smoke signals might be more cost effective!
If only there were a button somewhere that I could push. To force me to stop talking.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 21st 2002, 7:47 pm

There ought to be plenty of smoke considering all the people who were burned on this deal...

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 23rd 2002, 9:53 am

The assertion that they can't reply to emails is horsesh*t and I refuse to accept it. I have emailed Ross four times in the past week and I'm not letting up on him until I get a response. Huh...like when hell turns into a skating rink. :roll: :roll:

Here is the text of the last email I sent, which was the fourth request for a confirmation.

"Still waiting for confirmation of cancellation and refund to be credited. All I want is for someone over there to confirm my cancellation in writing and tell me when I am getting my money back. Please respond."

In response to that I received his "on the road" reply. So then I sent him this:

"According to your auto-reply you are now back in the office, as of Oct. 21. Please respond to my email"

:evil: :lol: :evil:

I am not usually harassive like this!!! Really, I'm a very mild mannered person by nature!!! But this is what this company has pushed me to. Ross got himself into this mess with hundreds upon hundreds of customers. Now it's his turn to grab a shovel and start digging himself out! :?
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Fedup
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Fedup » Oct 23rd 2002, 10:05 am

socalledfan wrote:The assertion that they can't reply to emails is horsesh*t and I refuse to accept it. I have emailed Ross four times in the past week and I'm not letting up on him until I get a response. Huh...like when hell turns into a skating rink. :roll: :roll:

Here is the text of the last email I sent, which was the fourth request for a confirmation.

"Still waiting for confirmation of cancellation and refund to be credited. All I want is for someone over there to confirm my cancellation in writing and tell me when I am getting my money back. Please respond."

In response to that I received his "on the road" reply. So then I sent him this:

"According to your auto-reply you are now back in the office, as of Oct. 21. Please respond to my email"

I am not usually harassive like this!!! Really, I'm a very mild mannered person by nature!!! But this is what this company has pushed me to. Ross got himself into this mess with hundreds upon hundreds of customers. Now it's his turn to grab a shovel and start digging himself out! :?

Dunno if someone else said this, but my guess is that they're dragging their heels on people's cancellations, hoping that people won't dispute with their cc company and will probably send people the discs anyways in the hope that they won't bother to return it and just keep what they "paid" for. And if people bother to return it, good luck getting AU to foot the postage on the return.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 23rd 2002, 10:10 am

Fedup wrote:
socalledfan wrote:The assertion that they can't reply to emails is horsesh*t and I refuse to accept it. I have emailed Ross four times in the past week and I'm not letting up on him until I get a response. Huh...like when hell turns into a skating rink. :roll: :roll:

Dunno if someone else said this, but my guess is that they're dragging their heels on people's cancellations, hoping that people won't dispute with their cc company and will probably send people the discs anyways in the hope that they won't bother to return it and just keep what they "paid" for. And if people bother to return it, good luck getting AU to foot the postage on the return.
Don't have to get them to foot the return postage if you refuse acceptance of the shipment. :idea:

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 23rd 2002, 10:53 am

All the more reason to back up an emailed or phoned-in cancellation request on the http://www.drygrass.com/mscl site. This will prevent a request from "getting lost." You will also know if they are even looking at your request via automated email alerts.

socalledfan
Angela's best friend

Post by socalledfan » Oct 23rd 2002, 10:59 am

Thanks Jason. I did that last week.

Hope you are doing well! Thanks for staying on top of all this.

8)
SCF
"You're sooo beautiful, it HURTS to look at you."

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 23rd 2002, 7:45 pm

Hi SCF -

I'm the UK equivalent of you: I've been emailing Ross AT LEAST twice a day while also sending the same number to Mike in the vain hope that one of them will grant me a reply. I've been doing this for about a week and a half now, and guess what? Not a sausage.

Sorry. A brit saying for nada.

How ignorant can a company be?

PS: I'm revolted now as I'm vegetarian x
Mom. Streamers?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 23rd 2002, 8:36 pm

Do you REALLY want an answer to that question Debs?

:wink:

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Got email & talked to AU...

Post by leerosevere » Oct 24th 2002, 3:17 pm

Well.

Got an email from mike @ AU that says:

"Mike McCullough has taken your problem out of the queue. This is
usually a sign that it has been processed, however, Dry Grass Partners, LLC cannot control how the site is used. If this email is in response to a
billing error, we recommend allowing 1-3 business days for the change to
post. If it does not show up in this time, call 888-5-COMICS or call
your credit card company."

Um, ok. What exactly does that mean? I noticed it doesn't actually say the order has been cancelled per se. Just addresses the "problem". Vague enough for ya? I assume this is the mass email that Mike did in one day that Jason mentioned.

So I called AU, don't know who I talked to, and inquired about this email. This guy said the above is "proof of cancellation" and that I should just hold on to it for my records.

I mentioned that I was to understand AU was faxing cancellations to people, and he said "No, we're sending emails". WTF?

Of course, I asked the obvious "so when can I expect my refund?", only to be cut off with the generic "Well, you have to understand the pressure the accounting department is under." Yeah, kiss my fanny already.

So I guess I'm wondering, is this really sufficient evidence of my cancelled order? I feel like I need something more concrete.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Re: Got email & talked to AU...

Post by Jason R » Oct 24th 2002, 3:28 pm

i would print that and fax it to my credit card company and keep it. I would wait 3 days. If no refund, report to http://www.ifccfbi.gov.

There is no excuse for not granting a refund.