Yes even more news. Did I mention I am not surprised?

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Yes even more news. Did I mention I am not surprised?

Post by Jason R » Oct 19th 2002, 9:42 am

I'll turn this into a quiz.

1) Guess which company has never signed a release for the bonus material on the DVD?

Bedford Falls (5 pts)

(I wish I could type upside down, at the bottom of this post. I also wish that I could type "a dollar sign with wings on it" (to quote an AU investor) to save me a lot of typing).

2) Guess which company has not permitted AU to create different tiers of lunchboxes (i.e. certifying authenticity, etc.)? Let alone "sorry-we-suck-so-bad" MSCL T-Shirts.

Walt Disney Company (10 pts)

And don't forget that Grafik, the company that filmed the bonus material at Bedford Falls, was never paid.

What score did you get?

This is what your score means:
0-4 You are a paid shill of AU
5-10 Congrats! You have been royally screwed
10-15 Points: You exist solely to give your money to Another Universe.

leerosevere
Overlooked Sibling

Post by leerosevere » Oct 19th 2002, 9:50 am

Thank you for making it easier for those of us who might have been torn over cancelling, because we wanted the extra goodies Ross promised us.

I've been disgusted with AU for awhile now, and basically resigned to giving up the bonus disc, etc. But it's good to have this confirmation that I'm not really missing out on anything anyway.

Khisanth
Tino

Post by Khisanth » Oct 19th 2002, 9:52 am

So...what is your recommendation Jason? I've still got my order in with AnotherUniverse since the News that BMG had been paid. I also have my preorder with Amazon.com.

But so far I can see...only the basic boxed set is what we'll be receiving from either vendor. What shenanigans they've played.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 19th 2002, 9:57 am

<<SAD KENNY>>

Are there any methods to further F up this collection that the CEO of AU hasn't found and used? I wouldn't be surprised if there was a Part 2 to the above quiz. He seems to have come up with a fairly comprehensive list of ways to screw the fans and every vendor involved in the project.

Voluntary Disclosure: My position in AU is only $20 at this time after $79.98 refund from cc + $79.98 refund from AU.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 19th 2002, 10:04 am

My recommendation? Don't reward people who screw you.

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 19th 2002, 10:17 am

But how do I know I will get my money back if cancelling? And does the above quiz tell us the bonus disc will never appear either? In that case and if I am positive to get my money back I might as well cancel from AU and order somewhere else.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 19th 2002, 10:33 am

If you don't get your money back, you can file a claim with HTTP://WWW.IFCCFBI.GOV. Nobody messes with these people.

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 19th 2002, 10:50 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:If you don't get your money back, you can file a claim with HTTP://WWW.IFCCFBI.GOV. Nobody messes with these people.
Would I be eligible to file a claim there if I'm not living in US?
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

sid_barrett
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by sid_barrett » Oct 19th 2002, 11:12 am

hope this hasnt been asked before but...say i stick with AU for the bonus disc and box, but they never get made, would AU refund the extra cost?
"...and I said ' oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, what a feeling'"

Anakin
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Anakin » Oct 19th 2002, 11:33 am

sid_barrett wrote:hope this hasnt been asked before but...say i stick with AU for the bonus disc and box, but they never get made, would AU refund the extra cost?
Even not likely to get refund if cancel order, how can we expect AU refund extra cost if the bonus disk and the lunchbox never get made?
If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny!

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: Yes even more news. Did I mention I am not surprised?

Post by mephisto » Oct 19th 2002, 11:46 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:I'll turn this into a quiz.
ok, more questions

3) Did AU clear the rights for the Museum of Radio and Television Documentary?

4) Did AU pay for the Museum of Radio and Television Documentary?

5) Did AU really try to get MTV footage for the Bonus DVD? If yes (haha): were the successful?

6) Will the Bonus DVD ever be produced?
10-15 Points: You exist solely to give your money to Another Universe.
so that's the meaning of life? sniff.
The Unofficial AnotherUniverse.com/My So-Called Life DVD-Booklet - Finally available for download!

*** The AU/RR appreciation Site ***

KrokRos
Angela's best friend

Post by KrokRos » Oct 19th 2002, 11:53 am

I'm still waiting for the answer to anakin's question; Is it as easy to claim our money back when we are not americans?

David Lambert
TVShowsOnDVD.com

Post by David Lambert » Oct 19th 2002, 1:45 pm

It just feels appropriate to repost this here:
DAVE LAMBERT
Memphis, TN

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 19th 2002, 7:30 pm

KrokRos wrote:But how do I know I will get my money back if cancelling?
Look at it this way - how do you know that you will end up getting ANYTHING from AU besides the actual 19 episodes?

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 19th 2002, 7:34 pm

sid_barrett wrote:hope this hasnt been asked before but...say i stick with AU for the bonus disc and box, but they never get made, would AU refund the extra cost?
Yes this question has already been posed, but since AU isn't about to answer us, your guess is as good as anyone else's.

Using AU's past actions, I would guess that they are not about to refund us any money, which is why I asked in another thread: what happens if 30 days after they ship the sets there is still no bonus material? (AU's return policy is supposed to be 30 days) Can customers still return the sets after 30 days due to the fact that AU did not deliver the entire collector's set as promised? More importantly, will a credit be processed?

Aw heck, who are we kidding? AU refuses to process credits for people who were double charged MONTHS ago (sorry, I meant to say that their accounting department is "backed up") so there's about a snowball's chance in hell of a return being credited.