Phoning Another Universe

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
crymsonangel
Tino

Phoning Another Universe

Post by crymsonangel » Oct 18th 2002, 12:02 pm

So I cancelled my order a few days ago, and filled out the drygrass site, and e-mailed Ross (who I understand is on "vacation"), I've been trying toi call Another Universe. I wonder if they actually answer their phones? Has anyone been fortunate enough to talk to a human, or do I have to leave a message with their automated system in order to be heard?

Ross: "Our DVD's... they're 'exclusive'!

Inigo: "You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it does."

janita
Nicky Driscoll

phoning another universe

Post by janita » Oct 18th 2002, 12:10 pm

I assume you are calling the 1-888-5COMICS number. I spoke to a live person back in August when I started trying to get my overcharge corrected. He was very polite and promised to take care of the situation - but of course nothing was ever done.

justjill
Tino

Post by justjill » Oct 18th 2002, 12:11 pm

It took some diligent hitting of the Re-Dial button on my phone before I was finally able to get ahold of someone who said, "Another Universe, please hold..."

I was left on hold for so long and since there was no nice on-hold muzak playing I thought I'd been disconnected, so I made the mistake of hanging up and calling back again.

It took many more tries of hanging up as soon as I heard the voicemail kick on and then hitting re-dial over and over to finally hear for a second time "Another Universe, please hold..."

Several minutes later, Wade answered the phone. He was very polite, but explained how swamped they were with calls and mentioned that the only time he had to return voicemail messages were in between other calls. In other words, I don't believe he has any let up between regular calls, so voicemail messages aren't being returned. That's been my experience anyway.

Debs
Liberty High Student

Post by Debs » Oct 18th 2002, 12:15 pm

I called from England yesterday - about 6pm here (I think 9am there) and got through second time. Wade was very polite - even asked me why I was cancelling!!! As if he didn't know.

My order was still open though even though I'd cancelled via email several days earlier.
Mom. Streamers?

episapia
Overlooked Sibling

Post by episapia » Oct 18th 2002, 12:20 pm

I've called them . . . It took a few rings, but by the fourth call someone picked up. They were very polite, and somewhat helpful.
Last edited by episapia on Oct 18th 2002, 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric Cantona
Frozen Embryo

Post by Eric Cantona » Oct 18th 2002, 1:14 pm

I phoned AU from the UK about 5 months ago when i found i had been double charged. The guy on the phone was really helpfull and he promised that i would be refunded. About a week later i found that the money for the double charge had been refunded, however due to the exchange rate i was about £15.00 ($20.00) out of pocket. Ballbags!!

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Re: Phoning Another Universe

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 18th 2002, 2:33 pm

crymsonangel wrote:Ross: "Our DVD's... they're 'exclusive'!

Inigo: "You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it does."
:lol:

Life IS pain. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

:shock:

Foggy
Tino

Charged twice

Post by Foggy » Oct 18th 2002, 2:45 pm

I was also billed twice, so I e-mailed au, "Remember their saying, we will respond to e-mails in 48 hours", well 9 days later, plus some more emails and a FAX, sod all, (Excuse the language), anyway in desperation I emailed Ross Rojek, who responded immediately with "I am on the road right now, and will be back in the office on the 21st", I am hoping this is good news. Unfortunately I live in the UK, so will still loose out on the exchange rate then, and now. Just hoping the DVD's eventually arrive, then I will permanently delete all reference to au, and never deal with them again, as I hope thousands of other disgrunted punters will.[color=blue][/color]

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 18th 2002, 2:55 pm

Debs wrote:I called from England yesterday - about 6pm here (I think 9am there) and got through second time. Wade was very polite - even asked me why I was cancelling!!! As if he didn't know.

My order was still open though even though I'd cancelled via email several days earlier.
Actually, Wade didn't know much : he doesn't have time to visit the MSCL forums, and Ross doesn't tell him much.

He is a nice guy, but he mostly hear from people yelling at him as if it was his fault... he only answers the phone and pass the messages along !

I recommand to be nice to Wade...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 18th 2002, 4:01 pm

MartinPierre wrote:Actually, Wade didn't know much : he doesn't have time to visit the MSCL forums, and Ross doesn't tell him much.

He is a nice guy, but he mostly hear from people yelling at him as if it was his fault... he only answers the phone and pass the messages along!
You seriously believe that?

siandam
Jody Barsh

Post by siandam » Oct 18th 2002, 5:26 pm

The e-mail from Ross is an automatic response e-mail. No one has actually read what you sent. Everyone that sends an e-mail to Ross has received the same reply.

Howard
Yearbook Team

Post by Howard » Oct 18th 2002, 5:38 pm

MartinPierre wrote:Actually, Wade didn't know much : he doesn't have time to visit the MSCL forums, and Ross doesn't tell him much.

He is a nice guy, but he mostly hear from people yelling at him as if it was his fault... he only answers the phone and pass the messages along !
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Wade was always courteous to me when I called asking about payment schedules. But his job mostly is to funnel information into the company. He's not used for being a spokesman, so you can't get much information from him (because I honestly don't believe he's given the information, not because he's holding it back intentionally.)