Update for Lunchbox

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Pedro
Let's Bolt Regular

Post by Pedro » Oct 18th 2002, 5:17 am

I have to say that I really want the bonus disc! I really would buy from Amazon cos they are such a brilliantly professional company, but they havent got the bonus disc so I feel like I should stay with AU - even though I am angry with them. In my opinion, AU should just stop stalling and let us all buy from Amazon with the promise of a FREE bonus disc and lunchbox, coutesy of AU, when they are done.

We all deserve it. :?

LetsBolt
Three Rivers Resident

Post by LetsBolt » Oct 18th 2002, 11:58 am

Pedro i have said the same thing, and i agree 100%.
EVERYONE, doesnt matter when they ordered, who ordered through AU and have been toyed around deserve what they originally ordered, and i think we should all still get it.
Those two items are the only reason my money is still sitting with AU, but honestly i feel like my cancelation is coming in soon- i just cant stomach this much longer.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 18th 2002, 2:23 pm

Pedro wrote:In my opinion, AU should just stop stalling and let us all buy from Amazon with the promise of a FREE bonus disc and lunchbox, coutesy of AU, when they are done.

We all deserve it. :?
I agree that AU has been jerking us around for far too long, but from a business standpoint, it makes absolutely no sense for them to say, "Go ahead and cancel your order with us, get the set from someone else, and then we'll send you some free stuff that we haven't paid for yet."

AU might be stupid, but they're not THAT stupid. Mostly because that wouldn't benefit them in any way.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 18th 2002, 3:13 pm

The lunchboxes were promised as an exclusive to those who preordered. While it doesn't help their bottom line, if AU were to send out lunchboxes and bonus discs to those who preordered in February and financed this whole thing, but cancelled later, it would serve as a little bit of goodwill for the grief they put us through.

Also, had they sent out official terms of their offer to entice us to stay after the set became open to all vendors, I'm sure it would have convinced some people to hang in there. I believe the reason they have not done this is that the bonus items may never see the light of day, and making yet another claim that they are coming would put them in even more trouble with the fraud charges that may be brought against them.

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

goodwill, shmoodwill

Post by smackey » Oct 18th 2002, 4:02 pm

so-called customer wrote:... it would serve as a little bit of goodwill for the grief they put us through.
I understand your point, but I think anyone is nuts to hold out for goodwill from AU. :( To paraphrase Hee Haw: If it weren't for bad will, they'd have no will at all.

I wish folks holding out for the bonus items would just put their own pride and self-respect ahead of these material items. The manner in which AU has abused its customers--incredibly loyal customers, at that--is unconscionable. Whether they were overwhelmed by the scope of this project or not, AU has clearly demonstrated that they do not deserve our business. By willfully leaving your money with them, you are supporting their questionable practices. Make a statement by canceling and reporting your experience to your credit card company and the other outlets mentioned on this board. Trust me, you'll feel better about yourself.

lance
Ed Zwick Wannabe

What AU should do

Post by lance » Oct 18th 2002, 4:25 pm

I have already cancelled my order and gone with Amazon. I would love to get the lunchbox and bonus disk but I'd rather have the discs, than nothing at all :) .

But... while everyone is on the topic. At this point AU should get Claire Danes and crew to personally deliver and sign out sets. Not going to happen mind you, but after everything that AU has managed to do to all of its mscl fans it would be worth it.

Lance Man

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Re: goodwill, shmoodwill

Post by Leslie » Oct 18th 2002, 4:29 pm

smackey wrote:
I wish folks holding out for the bonus items would just put their own pride and self-respect ahead of these material items. The manner in which AU has abused its customers--incredibly loyal customers, at that--is unconscionable. Whether they were overwhelmed by the scope of this project or not, AU has clearly demonstrated that they do not deserve our business. By willfully leaving your money with them, you are supporting their questionable practices. Make a statement by canceling and reporting your experience to your credit card company and the other outlets mentioned on this board. Trust me, you'll feel better about yourself.
Excellent point.....

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lizardcub » Oct 18th 2002, 4:35 pm

Leslie wrote:
smackey wrote:
Excellent point.....
No, it isn't.

I understand full well why most people have cancelled with AU, and I respect that. But for me, the chance of these "material items" that I *really, really want* is worth even the knowledge that I might lose all the (material) money I've spent with nothing to show for it.

Don't tell me where I should spend my money to retain my own "pride and self-respect." I know how important the bonus disc and lunchbox are to me and I'm evaluating my options accordingly. So stuff it with the self-righteousness.

Elizabeth

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leslie » Oct 18th 2002, 5:14 pm

lizardcub wrote:[

No, it isn't.

I understand full well why most people have cancelled with AU, and I respect that. But for me, the chance of these "material items" that I *really, really want* is worth even the knowledge that I might lose all the (material) money I've spent with nothing to show for it.

Don't tell me where I should spend my money to retain my own "pride and self-respect." I know how important the bonus disc and lunchbox are to me and I'm evaluating my options accordingly. So stuff it with the self-righteousness.

Elizabeth
Hey Elizabeth relax a little 8) no one is trying to tell you that you HAVE to cancel in order to retain your self respect....I actually haven't cancelled because I still do want these things and I'm sure if I'm ready to tally give up on them :( ...

I think that smakey had a good point though and it put a little perspective back into the matter....gave me some food for thought....which is why I aknowledged it positively...

Ultimately everyone has to make their own descion for their own reasons.....

lizardcub
Three Rivers Resident

Post by lizardcub » Oct 18th 2002, 5:50 pm

Leslie wrote: Hey Elizabeth relax a little 8) no one is trying to tell you that you HAVE to cancel in order to retain your self respect....
Hey Leslie,

Sorry if I seemed like a psycho. It might just be the stress and drama of the boards getting to me. But I have to say, I just reread the original post and I *still* feel it (pretty clearly) had a morally righteous tone of "I know what's best for you; keeping your order is valuing material things over your own self-respect and it makes you morally culpable for AU's screwing over of customers, to boot." All of which is bunk. Whether people cancel or not is their own decision based on their financial situation, how much they desire the extras, their factual assessment of the risks, and whether all this waiting and hoping is stressing them out too much to be healthy.

Regardless, I'm sorry if you felt like I was snapping at you and I do hope we can keep things friendly around here.

Elizabeth

Leslie
Nicky Driscoll

Post by Leslie » Oct 18th 2002, 6:33 pm

lizardcub wrote:
Leslie wrote:
Regardless, I'm sorry if you felt like I was snapping at you and I do hope we can keep things friendly around here.

Elizabeth
Hey no worries, it's all good 8) :D

Robert
Tino

Post by Robert » Oct 18th 2002, 6:49 pm

I am still waiting for a confirmation. Once I get it I'll let everybody know.
Give me till about 5:30. Thanks for your patience.

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 18th 2002, 7:14 pm

Robert wrote:I am still waiting for a confirmation. Once I get it I'll let everybody know.
Give me till about 5:30. Thanks for your patience.
Thanks for the heads up Robert.

Hope its good news.

Natasha (candygirl)
MSCL.com Team
MSCL.com Team

Post by Natasha (candygirl) » Oct 18th 2002, 8:32 pm

530530530530530 - uhhh, I mean it's not like my OCD urged me to check in and see what's going on. I like how yesterday's 3pm PST deadline turned into today's 5:30pm deadline.

Ross, Ross, Ross (say it like Randy Jackson).

Hmmph, it just isn't the same with a monosyllabic name.

:(

smackey
Overlooked Sibling

Post by smackey » Oct 18th 2002, 8:33 pm

lizardcub wrote:I just reread the original post and I *still* feel it (pretty clearly) had a morally righteous tone of "I know what's best for you; keeping your order is valuing material things over your own self-respect and it makes you morally culpable for AU's screwing over of customers, to boot."
Hi Elizabeth. Sorry if my post came off as "morally righteous" in your eyes. First off, I'm not trying to tell anyone what to do. I'm just exchanging my thoughts on the matter on a message board designed for such exchanges. Obviously there will be people that will stick it out with AU no matter what. If you're going to go that route, I wish you the best of luck, seriously.

Myself, I simply became fed up with AU's mistreatment of its customers, and the company's total lack of remedy or remorse in the process. As such, I canceled. I see many on this board who are afraid to cancel for fear of missing out on what is perceived as a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. Well remember this: The DVD set was an "AU exclusive" once too... so you can bet that there will be other ways to partake in the bonus material without supporting Another Universe (eBay at the very least). As many have said, it's the principle of the matter.

I'm not saying anyone is evil or immoral for holding out for the bonus disc/lunch box or sticking with AU. As you have said, that's a personal choice. My post was simply expressing my wish that AU not receive positive reinforcement for mistreating customers. I recently struggled myself between my desire for the whole "preorder package" and my desire to hit AU where it hurts by canceling my order. I decided I'd rather go without the extras--or even the entire set for that matter--because it was more important to me not to support AU in the process. In my post I was meaning to express that I would love nothing better than to see others reach the same conclusion and teach AU a much-deserved lesson. Did I believe that people were going to line up behind me and do just that? No. I was simply offering food for thought.

If you want to hold out for everything, I honestly wish you the best and hope AU ultimately delivers on all its promises. I look forward to reading your excited post on this very board once you receive your lunch box/bonus disc shipment from AU. :)