NEWS!

This forum has been closed and archived. No further postings allowed. Read-only access. For more informations read this announcement.
Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

NEWS!

Post by Jason R » Oct 17th 2002, 11:39 am

Apparently, catastrophe has been averted.

It appears that somehow, sufficient funds arrived at BMG this morning. (I am glad that we granted the deadline extension of 14 hours).

However, this does not change the fact that I am severing all ties with AnotherUniverse.com. Too many customers have been double or triple charged and I have no way of knowing if the sufficient funds are a result of these unauthorized charges. Additionally, those seeking corrections have gone largely unacknowledged.

I believe that AnotherUniverse has much to answer for. They have misrepresented the facts. They have not provided an acceptable level of customer service, and they have precharged people 7-8 months in advance of shipping the product, which they continue to market as "an exclusive" product.

Jason Rosenfeld

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 11:41 am

Great News!

Cornelius1047
Overlooked Sibling

Post by Cornelius1047 » Oct 17th 2002, 11:42 am

Yeah, I don't feel any better about BMG getting paid. I still feel like my DVDs won't arrive anytime before Christmas... 2004! To cancel or not to cancel, that is the question.

K
"You're so beautiful it hurts to look at you."

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 11:42 am

Jason you have every right to get out while you can. IMO you should have done it long ago. Yes it would have sucked for the rest of us, and it probably will now too, but you have to watch your own ass too.

Thanks for the update though, any word on GWhiz?

MartinPierre
Yearbook Team

Post by MartinPierre » Oct 17th 2002, 11:44 am

Indeed, I confirm, the guy from BMG called me right after he called Jason to confirm BMG was paid.

The estimate of shipping it out Monday still stands !

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 11:46 am

Great news for those who didn't cancel. I can't say I regret cancelling, though. Maybe some good news on the lunchbox would sway me...

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 11:47 am

Kenny....get off that computer! I'm going to tell your wife...

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 17th 2002, 11:47 am

My big fear is that past unauthorized credit card double and triple bills paid BMG. That's why I have to wash my hands of this project. The end does not always justify the means.

mephisto
Angela's best friend

Re: NEWS!

Post by mephisto » Oct 17th 2002, 11:51 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:It appears that somehow, sufficient funds arrived at BMG this morning. (I am glad that we granted the deadline extension of 14 hours).
wow, perhaps Ross transfered for once money from Comix & Comics to AU :roll:

but I'm happy to hear that BMG was paid - so now all AU customers will get a DVD-set (at least if AU doesn't plan to ship them only to customers who paid 115$)
However, this does not change the fact that I am severing all ties with AnotherUniverse.com.
who could blame you?
Too many customers have been double or triple charged and I have no way of knowing if the sufficient funds are a result of these unauthorized charges. Additionally, those seeking corrections have gone largely unacknowledged.

here here - I still wait for 115$ and I'll call Wade every day now - and he knows it

do we already have some information from GWhiz and about the Bonus DVD?

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 11:51 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:My big fear is that past unauthorized credit card double and triple bills paid BMG. That's why I have to wash my hands of this project. The end does not always justify the means.
Well i would rather have my triple charges pay for the MSCL dvd than for Ross' hookers, coke, and cheap wine.

Richie
Tino

Post by Richie » Oct 17th 2002, 11:52 am

well, I'm not going to stop emailing AU until they action my refund and I see the $294.96 they owe me back in my account.

Jason R
"Mr. DVD"

Post by Jason R » Oct 17th 2002, 11:53 am

My deadline did include GWhiz as well. I will call them to check. In any case, I think people could do without a lunchbox if they got the DVDs.

pgh kenny
Angelica

Post by pgh kenny » Oct 17th 2002, 11:53 am

fnordboy wrote:Kenny....get off that computer! I'm going to tell your wife...
I'm going into hiding 8)

fnordboy
Ed Zwick Wannabe

Post by fnordboy » Oct 17th 2002, 11:56 am

Jason Rosenfeld wrote:My deadline did include GWhiz as well. I will call them to check. In any case, I think people could do without a lunchbox if they got the DVDs.
Not for the price we are paying... a non existent bonus disc is not worth 60 bucks to me.

so-called customer
Between Names

Post by so-called customer » Oct 17th 2002, 12:03 pm

Not for the price we are paying... a non existent bonus disc is not worth 60 bucks to me.
I completely agree. I don't know why I' waited so long, but I am cancelling from AU and buying from Amazon. There has been no official word on waht is going on from AU, or how those of us who financed this project are being compensted in light of half price sets everywhere else.

There is no bonus DVD
There is no lunchbox

Even if both of those materialize, we wouldn't see them until January, which is too long to wait to see if AU can pull that one together. All that sticking with AU assures anyone is that they'll be buying a $60 TV series for $115.